Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 811358 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Basically WH40K
« Reply #4395 on: December 02, 2015, 07:46:03 pm »

He met her when she served as his defence when the core busted him down for being a hot headed don't play by the rules flyboy(of power armour).
But seriously, I'm looking forward to the first hacky bugfisted attempt at getting vehicles into the game by modding power armour mechanics combined with random destroyed car meshes.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4396 on: December 02, 2015, 08:19:45 pm »

There were things like tanks for Skyrim, so with the F4 Power Armour I can totally see vehicles being a thing.
Wearable cars!
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4397 on: December 02, 2015, 08:28:21 pm »

Ooh, a quest to get a pre-war tank back up and running... With the tank as a reward (or atleast the ability to call it in)... Plus, being able to get some of those IFVs fixed up so that your allies could show up in battle sooner...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4398 on: December 03, 2015, 12:53:34 pm »

Fallout 3 had working motorcycles as a mod, a motorcycle would be ideal.

Maybe the option to fix your old household car too...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4399 on: December 03, 2015, 01:04:24 pm »

New vegas had a Vertibird mod that primarily acted as a proof of concept. It basically requires that it puts its own engine inside of the game, running on top of Gamebryo, in order to provide the physics that the base engine does not (as Gamebryo is apparently extremely wonky when it comes to vehicle physics).

It's in perpetual beta status, but a good indicator of what modders with lots of time can do when sufficiently interested in a tpic.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4400 on: December 03, 2015, 03:33:07 pm »

I want just, oversized, GLORIOUS looking mechs. Maybe it'd double as a house.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4401 on: December 03, 2015, 05:04:30 pm »

I want a mod that lets you spruce up some of the static objects within settlements. Clean up the shitty looking houses in sanctuary and rebuild that damn bridge for example.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: December 03, 2015, 05:14:25 pm »

I want a mod that lets you spruce up some of the static objects within settlements. Clean up the shitty looking houses in sanctuary and rebuild that damn bridge for example.
I want one that gets rid of some stupid permanent bodies sitting on the bridge. Does anyone else have those?

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: December 03, 2015, 05:29:33 pm »

I want one that gets rid of some stupid permanent bodies sitting on the bridge. Does anyone else have those?

I tried dragging them off but they re-appeared. Then i dismembered one of the bodies and it regrew limbs. but it's still naked. Im going to find some long johns and redress the body if it lets me.

Though, i dont go to sanctuary any more because it bugs out when you fast travel near it and everyone leaves the settlement due to it thinking it has 0 defense.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4404 on: December 03, 2015, 05:30:45 pm »

Personally, I can't wait for the mod that adds classic fallout weapons and all of the sweet, tasty, juicy mods for them.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: December 03, 2015, 05:31:49 pm »

I really should make a list of changes I think would be relatively easy, and helpful.
...  But I think other people are probably working on most of them already.
Yeah, being able to "scrap" corpses to nothingness (or bone (and gecko meat, aheh)) would be great.

Unfortunately it would be tough for modders to let the hardcoded unscrappable buildings and trash be removed.  That's kinda Bethesda's fault.

I tried dragging them off but they re-appeared. Then i dismembered one of the bodies and it regrew limbs. but it's still naked. Im going to find some long johns and redress the body if it lets me.
Ah jeez that's just lazy, I can see how that would happen though from a coding perspective.

Though, i dont go to sanctuary any more because it bugs out when you fast travel near it and everyone leaves the settlement due to it thinking it has 0 defense.
Haha wtf
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4406 on: December 03, 2015, 05:35:25 pm »

I don't know if it will help you guys but I found the cause for the settlement bugs in my game. I removed all the TVs (all of them) and I never have issues with mysterious changing numbers.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4407 on: December 03, 2015, 05:38:56 pm »

I don't know if it will help you guys but I found the cause for the settlement bugs in my game. I removed all the TVs (all of them) and I never have issues with mysterious changing numbers.
Soooo the TV rots the settlers' brains?

Good to know.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4408 on: December 03, 2015, 08:31:53 pm »

New vegas had a Vertibird mod that primarily acted as a proof of concept. It basically requires that it puts its own engine inside of the game, running on top of Gamebryo, in order to provide the physics that the base engine does not (as Gamebryo is apparently extremely wonky when it comes to vehicle physics).

It's in perpetual beta status, but a good indicator of what modders with lots of time can do when sufficiently interested in a tpic.

It was less an engine and more a kludge that used directed, invisible explosions behind the vertibird (and in the case of the XRE Cars mod, cars too) to use Havok to fling the vertibird/car in the right direction just so. It's why the physics are so slippery for the car.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4409 on: December 03, 2015, 08:41:29 pm »

Ugh that's so unrealistic.
Fallout cars use nuclear, not combustion engines!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 462