Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 804415 times)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Robots, Cages and Islands
« Reply #5415 on: February 16, 2016, 11:32:05 pm »

Got the season pass even though I hate the concept because I figure I'll be getting these DLCs at some point anyhows. I mean, I generally have very few problems with Bethesda's DLC. Usually fairly pleased. And these first three are totaling what, $40? Might as well give in since I'm going to at some point anywat. Save me some caps.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5416 on: February 16, 2016, 11:50:02 pm »

In a year or two if any of it was even worth buying, it'll all be $5. If it's not worth it I'm out $0. Fuck preorders.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5417 on: February 17, 2016, 12:28:53 am »

I've been setting item limits for the eventual weight balance mods that are always part of Beth games.

So like:

Never more than 2 Rad-X, 3 RadAway, 6 Stimpacks, 2 or more of any food item or drugs (which I rarely use despite always collecting them), no more than 2 Frag Grenades, Frag Mines, Bottle Cap mines, etc....I try to keep it to 6 weapons and a spare rad suit.

I figure the discipline will serve me well when the survival mods are out. Plus, it keeps things interesting. Otherwise I'd literally just stand there and shoot and refill my stocks with what I pick up instead of playing to not get hurt.

Dunno about ammo though. I think I'm currently carrying 20+ mini nukes and 30 Fusion Cores for no reason. That and other weight discipline and Lone Wanderer perk gets me about 250 - 300 carry weight of loot.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5418 on: February 17, 2016, 12:33:59 am »

In a year or two if any of it was even worth buying, it'll all be $5. If it's not worth it I'm out $0. Fuck preorders.
TBH I'd assumed that it'd be like 3/NV, with 3-4 major DLCs with their own new map area and set of quests.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5419 on: February 17, 2016, 12:42:59 am »

TBH I'd assumed that it'd be like 3/NV, with 3-4 major DLCs with their own new map area and set of quests.

Most of the dlc for 3/NV was forgetable. I doubt there will even be $20 worth of good dlc by the end of 4's life.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5420 on: February 17, 2016, 12:44:35 am »

OLD WORLD BLUES WAS NOT FORGETTABLE
Black lives matter.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5421 on: February 17, 2016, 12:47:25 am »

I had to look that one up... yes, that one was neat. MOST are still forgettable.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5422 on: February 17, 2016, 01:01:42 am »

thank you
Black lives matter.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5423 on: February 17, 2016, 01:21:57 am »

OLD WORLD BLUES WAS NOT FORGETTABLE

Lonesome Road was also an awesome ending to the overarching backstory to NV and the other 3 DLCs. The locale of Honest Hearts was nice, but the story was a bit bland, and Dead Money was the worst part of NV hands down. Mothership Zeta tier.

So a bit of a mixed bag overall, which was the story for FO3 as well. Zeta was trash, Anchorage was an interesting little romp that got dull by the end but snagged you a cool weapon, Broken Steel was nice because you could continue the game, and the assault on the Enclave base was just stupidly fun, the Pitt had an interesting story and a cool locale, but felt a little lacking, and Point Lookout added a ton of additional content with the main quest being one of those over the top stupid quests that Beth actually does well.

Of the DLC's, I'd say half were forgettable, but still fun minus Dead money and Zeta which sucked.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 01:27:32 am by Glloyd »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5424 on: February 17, 2016, 01:23:55 am »

wait what's mothership zeta tier mean
Black lives matter.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5425 on: February 17, 2016, 01:30:43 am »

wait what's mothership zeta tier mean

Zeta almost made me stop playing Fallout 3. To be fair, it was the last DLC I played. However, at that point I was at the expanded level cap from Broken Steel, and the leveling on the aliens was fucked so each of them took what seemed like hundreds of shots to kill with even the strongest weapon in the game, so the whole thing turned into this boring slog down a linear pathway of copypasted scenery. And, unlike most of the other DLCs, you couldnt just return to the Wasteland, but instead had to finish the entire thing. There was no story to it, no substance, no exploration, just a boring linear quest populated by bullet sponge enemies.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5426 on: February 17, 2016, 01:34:25 am »

but you got three (six counting uniques) different cool weapons from it, and lame security batons
i don't think i've ever actively disliked something in a game, so don't take my word for it, but i liked zeta. especially because ALIENS!!! TIME TRAVEL!!! LASER GUNS!!!!!!
Black lives matter.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5427 on: February 17, 2016, 01:44:05 am »

Most of the dlc for 3/NV was forgetable. I doubt there will even be $20 worth of good dlc by the end of 4's life.
look at this guy here being objectively wrong :^(
No but seriously, NV's DLC's were all great. Except for Honest Hearts, that was a swing and a miss besides Joshua Fucking Graham. I don't even like Dead money and can tell you it's not forgettable. Lonesome Road was a badass send-off to the DLC plotline ending in what felt like something straight out of the original Fallout/Fallout 2, and Old World Blues was a hilarious good time that actually had some dark undertones-Like explanations for many of the fucked up shit you found on your way there. Like the Sierra Goddamn madre.
Fallout 3's was... Yeah, pretty forgettable. Except Zeta. But Zeta was bad. It was unforgettable in its bleeghhhness. Hell, Broken Steel had a fucking giant robot so I'll give it that.
Rant over.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5428 on: February 17, 2016, 02:12:57 am »

but you got three (six counting uniques) different cool weapons from it, and lame security batons
i don't think i've ever actively disliked something in a game, so don't take my word for it, but i liked zeta. especially because ALIENS!!! TIME TRAVEL!!! LASER GUNS!!!!!!

Honestly, the slog wasn't worth the weapons. I never even used them again because you couldn't replenish the ammo and there were other weapons of a similar quality that I had before doing that quest. The aliens were lame bulletsponges, and there were lasers in Fallout outside of Zeta. The people from different periods were fine, but they only made up a small portion of what was an incredibly disappointing 3-4 hours of dullness.

look at this guy here being objectively wrong :^(
No but seriously, NV's DLC's were all great. Except for Honest Hearts, that was a swing and a miss besides Joshua Fucking Graham. I don't even like Dead money and can tell you it's not forgettable. Lonesome Road was a badass send-off to the DLC plotline ending in what felt like something straight out of the original Fallout/Fallout 2, and Old World Blues was a hilarious good time that actually had some dark undertones-Like explanations for many of the fucked up shit you found on your way there. Like the Sierra Goddamn madre.
Fallout 3's was... Yeah, pretty forgettable. Except Zeta. But Zeta was bad. It was unforgettable in its bleeghhhness. Hell, Broken Steel had a fucking giant robot so I'll give it that.
Rant over.

Exactly what I've been saying, except for 3. The Pitt and Point Lookout are not forgettable. Dead Money on the other hand, I only remember it because of how hard it sucked.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 02:15:11 am by Glloyd »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5429 on: February 17, 2016, 02:16:15 am »

With 100 Energy Weapons they are a sight to behold. I think the pistol was perfectly accurate? Not sure, because I don't have the file, but it did scary amounts of damage.
Yes, nonreplenishable ammo is an issue, but if you collect all of it that you possibly can and don't use the weapons too often, it isn't a major issue.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 462