Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 803589 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: It Just Works
« Reply #6090 on: May 16, 2016, 05:22:04 pm »

Fuck, this game is a chore to play sometimes.
I just cleared out a large base of gunners, and as you can imagine they have some pretty sweet loot. Combat armour for days, as well as plenty of energy weapons and such. It's going to take me a very long time to transfer all this junk to one of my settlements... kinda wish I had that rank four Strong Back perk, which I only just now discovered.

And of course I can't just leave the stuff, oh no. Me being me I feel compelled to collect it all to equip my settlements, despite the fact that actual attacks are annoyingly rare. At least eventually I should have the right perks to dismantle stuff for a decent amount of parts... so many perks you need to spend to get to that point, though. Argh.
If you want some more attacks to test the mettle of your settlers with, try putting some Deathclaw cages in your settlement. Don't release the Deathclaws inside; the !!FUN!! can/will happen without them.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6091 on: May 16, 2016, 05:24:15 pm »

Mods I still want to see:

-A power armor equivalent of Armorsmith Extended (separate paint jobs from stuff like lead lining, make the jetpack its own thing because it's too goddamn useful/awesome to use anything fucking else in that slot, maybe even let you keep getting the buffs from the clothes/armor you have on underneath)

-Something to make your settlements actually fucking defend themselves without you babysitting them. I GAVE YOU 30 TURRETS SO I COULD STOP CHECKING YOUR DIAPER EVERY TEN MINUTES GODDAMMIT!

-Relatedly, something that makes attacks happen more often, and even more crucially, by not just telefragging 10 raiders into the middle of your base. Actually make the bastards march up here, and I'll actually build walls and shit.

-MOAR GUNS! WITH CRAFTINGS! WOOTS! There's a bunch of these right now, but sorting through them is hell. Currently using "Extended Weapon Mods" and kinda regretting it. Mostly wanted it cuz you could turn the 10mm pistol into a SMG/Rifle thing, but the sight is bugged and it doesn't look as cool as I thought it did. Also all the stats for everything's just copied from the baseline for most shit, so the cooler looking stuff has shitty stats.

Any suggestions?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6092 on: May 16, 2016, 06:11:13 pm »

Don't know about the others, but I use this one for the power armor paint job: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2249/?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6093 on: May 16, 2016, 06:14:27 pm »

If you want some more attacks to test the mettle of your settlers with, try putting some Deathclaw cages in your settlement. Don't release the Deathclaws inside; the !!FUN!! can/will happen without them.
Sounds like a fun time... do they eventually escape, or attract angry deathclaws, or just more normal attacks?
They require DLC in any case, though. So that probably won't be a thing I do unless somewhere down the line I have money and am feeling especially frivolous. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6094 on: May 16, 2016, 06:27:04 pm »

Sounds like a fun time... do they eventually escape, or attract angry deathclaws, or just more normal attacks?
They require DLC in any case, though. So that probably won't be a thing I do unless somewhere down the line I have money and am feeling especially frivolous. :P
You get more attacks than normal, and the ones caused by cages are composed of the same species (not necessarily the same variant) of whatever creature was in the cage attracted them. Basically, you'll get a horde of Alpha Deathclaws (if you're of a high enough level) attacking your base every so often. Your captured Deathclaws do give a defense bonus if you let them out with an active gamma emitter around (it doesn't work on intelligent caged creatures, though), however.

I got the Season Pass, so I get the new DLC's for free when they come out.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6095 on: May 17, 2016, 12:46:53 am »

Shit, my mods seem to have triggered much faster cell resets in all my settlements, and I stupidly still had stuff in resetting containers. Rip all my quest junk, letters, holotapes, magazines, bobble heads, burnt books,  half a grand pre war money, a ton of  chems and one legendary with charisma boost I really needed for selling water.
Edit:
Someone put the entire far harbour DLC onto nexus, it was downloaded 800 or more times before being removed.
Ffs , Come on guys, it's coming out in only 2 days, no need to get the only good source of Bethesda mods tangled up in lawsuits.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 12:27:44 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6096 on: May 18, 2016, 10:02:34 am »

Shit, my mods seem to have triggered much faster cell resets in all my settlements, and I stupidly still had stuff in resetting containers. Rip all my quest junk, letters, holotapes, magazines, bobble heads, burnt books,  half a grand pre war money, a ton of  chems and one legendary with charisma boost I really needed for selling water.
Edit:
Someone put the entire far harbour DLC onto nexus, it was downloaded 800 or more times before being removed.
Ffs , Come on guys, it's coming out in only 2 days, no need to get the only good source of Bethesda mods tangled up in lawsuits.
Which containers reset?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6097 on: May 18, 2016, 10:12:23 am »

Previous to installing mods I didn't recall loosing stuff except for when I put stuff into tool boxes , ammo crates, or suitcases, But soon after the mods I found random junk in every pre existing container in all my settlements. Specifically I had stuff in the following containers which I had assumed was safe. :
Sanctuary: both cabinets in the bedroom of the house with the workshop.
Red rocket: tool chest in garage
Starlight drive in: cabinet at the top of the projector room.
Sunshine tidings commune: chest in one of the houses, I forget which one.
It might be a side effect of the hack that fixes the sprint bug, I think the variable involves cell resetting.
Btw every item in those settlements inside containers I built myself was still where I left it.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6098 on: May 18, 2016, 06:24:17 pm »

I completely forgot that the new DLC would be released today, if it weren't for the game updating itself the moment I am typing this.
Hmm.. Should I wait for mods to update, or should I just disable everything and start over without mods just because of the DLC?

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6099 on: May 18, 2016, 11:14:33 pm »

I completely forgot that the new DLC would be released today, if it weren't for the game updating itself the moment I am typing this.
Hmm.. Should I wait for mods to update, or should I just disable everything and start over without mods just because of the DLC?

Try it first without, then see what little gameplay niggles need ironing out first, then play with mods.

This is the standard mod operating procedure for Bethesda games for me and I find it works. I'm downloading now, hopefully I can start a new game with all the DLC and complete it before I leave for MegaCon in a week. 
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6100 on: May 19, 2016, 01:13:18 pm »

Previous to installing mods I didn't recall loosing stuff except for when I put stuff into tool boxes , ammo crates, or suitcases, But soon after the mods I found random junk in every pre existing container in all my settlements. Specifically I had stuff in the following containers which I had assumed was safe. :
Sanctuary: both cabinets in the bedroom of the house with the workshop.
Red rocket: tool chest in garage
Starlight drive in: cabinet at the top of the projector room.
Sunshine tidings commune: chest in one of the houses, I forget which one.
It might be a side effect of the hack that fixes the sprint bug, I think the variable involves cell resetting.
Btw every item in those settlements inside containers I built myself was still where I left it.
*Eyes widen as I realize that I use a toolbox to store all of my cool and unique stuff*

I'll... I'll be right back.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6101 on: May 19, 2016, 01:18:09 pm »

You people don't put them on shelves in the open..?
Black lives matter.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6102 on: May 19, 2016, 01:21:46 pm »

There are not enough shelf space in the world, my friend. Jot enough shelf space by far.
Love, scriver~

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6103 on: May 19, 2016, 01:25:38 pm »

With just Red Rocket's starting shelves I stored the Broadsider, a minigun, a Fat Man (and all of its nukes, individually), a combat shotgun, the Laser Musket, the Syringe Gun, and quite possibly some more weapons and had room to spare. Of course, I don't always hunt down every single unique weapon I can find...
Black lives matter.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6104 on: May 19, 2016, 02:37:32 pm »

I am sad you cant pat the cats in the game.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 462