Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 804427 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: It Just Works
« Reply #6465 on: December 02, 2016, 08:57:37 pm »

Yes there is psionics in Fallout.

You see those brain bucket robots shoot psionic blasts that disable your head from time to time.

But that is as far as psionics really go. It isn't something for ordinary people to tap into.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6466 on: December 02, 2016, 09:04:02 pm »

What? No. There's been psykers pretty much always in Fallout.

-In FO1: Four confirmed ones in the Master's Lair (Wiggum, Lucy, Moore, Gideon).
-In FO2: The Arroyo shaman (who can communicate with you through dreams), Melchior in Redding, and Keeng Ra'at (a giant albino mole rat).
-In FO3: Calvert in Point Lookout, Bloomseer Poplar in the hippie grove, AntAgonizer, and maybe Harlod.
-In Tactics: The Beastlords tribals can control animals with their minds.
-In NV: The Forecaster, and various nightkin inside Black Rock Cave.
-In FO4: Mama Murphy, and Lorenzo Cabbot.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6467 on: December 02, 2016, 09:07:51 pm »

Mama Murphy

Uhhhhhhh... well... Unless you find out more about her, then you find out she is more... shall we say... Forgetful than psychic.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6468 on: December 02, 2016, 09:13:12 pm »

What
Okay I'm just looking that up
I still have no idea what you're talking about
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6469 on: December 02, 2016, 09:47:57 pm »

What

It is in logs for the most part. Basically she isn't REALLY psychic.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6470 on: December 02, 2016, 11:32:22 pm »

So just got the rest of the DLC's and reconstructed my modlist. But perhaps THE most essential one isn't working.

Specifically: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11542/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout4%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D11542&pUp=1

This is the mod that gets rid of Survival modes stupid narcolepsy feature and lets you once more save in a manner befitting a fucking Bethesda game.
Or it SHOULD.
Anyone else use this and maybe know what I'm doing wrong? So far tried having the full "Interface" folder intact in the Data folder, which just results in the game refusing to start up, and taking the "main menu" file out and just having that in Data (which does exactly nothing)
The file is a "shockwave flash" file so maybe I need a flash update or something?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6471 on: December 03, 2016, 02:39:03 am »

..I've never seen any mod out there use a SWF file. I've seen java programs that run semi-externally, i've seen normal ESP/ESM/BSA sorta mods, but I can't honestly say that any mod I've ever seen that's legit uses Flash.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6472 on: December 03, 2016, 03:18:36 am »

Have you changed the .ini file for Fallout 4 to set bInvalidateOlderFiles to 1? Default installation folder is Libraries - Documents - My Games - Fallout4. It's not located in the same folder as the executable game files.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6473 on: December 03, 2016, 04:20:06 am »

So just got the rest of the DLC's and reconstructed my modlist. But perhaps THE most essential one isn't working.

Specifically: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11542/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout4%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D11542&pUp=1

This is the mod that gets rid of Survival modes stupid narcolepsy feature and lets you once more save in a manner befitting a fucking Bethesda game.
Or it SHOULD.
Anyone else use this and maybe know what I'm doing wrong? So far tried having the full "Interface" folder intact in the Data folder, which just results in the game refusing to start up, and taking the "main menu" file out and just having that in Data (which does exactly nothing)
The file is a "shockwave flash" file so maybe I need a flash update or something?
I tried to use this mod but gave up on it and used this one instead:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12906/?

It adds an item that saves and it works pretty well

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6474 on: December 03, 2016, 08:32:51 am »

Gonna try with this one instead cuz autosaves: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12593/?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6475 on: December 03, 2016, 08:38:33 am »

What

It is in logs for the most part. Basically she isn't REALLY psychic.
And what logs are you basing that on? Because I never found anything of the kind and fallout wiki doesn't mention anything like that. The opposite, in fact.

Quote from: fallout wiki
She is most likely a Psyker, as her visions do in fact come true

It's not like psychic powers are new to the series.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6476 on: December 03, 2016, 08:43:03 am »

Yeah I'm honestly curious too.  I assumed you meant time traveler, but surely they wouldn't do that...  Probably synth, but I'm not sure how that would explain some of the visions.  I'd love to see the logs you mean.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6477 on: December 03, 2016, 09:13:59 am »

Yeah I'm honestly curious too.  I assumed you meant time traveler, but surely they wouldn't do that...  Probably synth, but I'm not sure how that would explain some of the visions.  I'd love to see the logs you mean.
It's pretty easy to tell if someone is a synth by killing them: they'll drop synth parts.

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6478 on: December 03, 2016, 09:18:51 am »

Not that it's much of a spoiler, but it's kinda funny that the wiki page for the first seems to go out of its way to spoil that.  Kinda forcing it awkwardly into the first sentence :P
And that's neat, I didn't think that worked for some reason.
She/they

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6479 on: December 03, 2016, 06:24:04 pm »

A slightly less spoilery example: the Awareness perk reveals resistances. If you enter VATS with Awareness and focus on an NPC, if they're a synth it'll show you their natural damage or energy resistances when they should have none from wearing plain clothes. A good way to detect synths among your settlers.
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 462