Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Gods of the Floating Islands (5/7)  (Read 8742 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: Gods of the Floating Islands (5/7)
« Reply #105 on: June 27, 2015, 01:07:41 am »

I need one more monster entry. I have three as of now. After the tournament, we will move onto turn two and the game should speed up a bit.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Gryffindork

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 27, 2015, 01:26:53 am »

Sheela moves to the Overwatch and gazes down upon her tribe. They seem to be helping each other and the land they live on in such as way that would make any goddess proud. They seem to understand that as a goddess of death she not only takes them when it is their time, but also gifts them with life when it is not. Sheela is so pleased with her people she decides to bless them with a visit from their goddess. Taking the form of a frail and graceful doe she descends to the edge of the trees near their camp. The few that see the doe feel full of a strange energy and many begin to speculate that the doe can understand them. The werefoxes bring an offering of foods to the enchanting doe, guessing but not fully knowing that this creature has been sent from their goddess. The disguised goddess accepts this gracious offer of supplies and the healer Farrah decides the citizens should pay homage to the goddess who reminds them daily that they are cared for. The tribe leader decrees the women must build a shrine to the life and death and care the goddess blesses them with each and every day in order to show their gratitude towards her.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 01:29:12 am by Gryffindork »

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 27, 2015, 01:58:09 am »

In a time before turn 1:

"The assigned me a tribe? Seriously?" Goibniu looked down onto the small leaflet talking to thin air where the angel had floated a moment ago. The not so elder God sighed, yet again a new tribe his Uncle/grand Father/grandgrandgrand Mother Kunk ... yes godly realtionships were complicated and sometimes needed 4 dimensional charts ... must have badgered Noj to give his(?) her(?) errr distant and useless relative a new Job.
"Atleast its humans, " he sighed as he deciphered the high angelic. "I can work with Humans!" he reasured himself a little bit of his subconciousnes panicking over his first post apocalyptic job. It wasnt a bad idea either he reasoned looking up to the little halo barely glowing ... yeah he was out of divinity again otherwise the little thingamagic, one of his first godly inventions, would glow much brighter.       
"Humans are better then catpeople with the attention span of a quarter second." he muttered as he strode to the Overwatch remembering his last try at being a "God" with a capital G, a foray which had cost him 2 of his then 15 remaining fingers. "They can listen!" he uttered as he waved to the angel managing the intricate machi...magery...something. He still didnt understand how some of this stuff up here worked it often was just counter-intuitive with all the !!magic!!. Well he knew how his own stuff worked which was mostly machinery and !!Science!! which was distinct but for mere mortals indistinguishable from !!Magic!!. There was a bit of magic in some of his stuff, countering gravity, creating energy from nothing, just small workarounds to get his !!Science!! working, only the basics really!

He walked almost off the cliff after he arrived on the island not having noticed the transit from being sunken in his swirling thoughts, some
of those still being very panicky. His cloven hoof almost stepped into nothing as Goibniu finally looked up and caught his ballance ... damn this place changed so much, the last time he could walk and walk when it was time to turn around you got wet feet from the sea but that was it. Now? Drops for uhhhh a few dozen miles from the looks of it.

Taking a few steps back Goibniu turned around and wanted to walk of the cliff again, before his divine eye which at the moment like the rest of his body was NOT insured he remembered, a fact stopping him from walking of the afore mentioned cliff, lay a big City! In ruins. Overgrown. Filled with most likely unpleasent things. He was to late, he sunk to his knees. Tears welling up he shouted throwing his fist to the heavens "You manics. You blew it! I ... i ...damn i cant remember how the line goes on."

This was going to suck, he though sitting back, blewing an entire civilisation even before showing up not even knowing what kind of apoca ... oh yeah right apocalypse, big boom, ruined everything, floating islands.   

It didnt take long to find the humans, a short stroll along the cliff lead him to the fields and a few huts. Human sized, human smelling human made huts. Thank Noj it was humans, he couldnt stand another round with Catpeople. The introduction was short "Greetings i am Goibniu ... " and a dozen humans running away in panic just as usual. Well they werent stupid atleast, so Goibniu sat down waited, at some point someone would come up to him most likely with a spear trying to kill him. Yeah the usual, he could work with that.

Years later in a time called "Turn 1" the Skyherders grew accustomed to their socially awkward god, one of the former huts atop the cliff having turned into his "Workshop" (shrine) by his own toiling hands while their new houses hung of the side of the cliff out of sight of the squirrels that didnt dare to cross the God who walked among men.

(yeah its silly but Goibniu is a bit scatterbrained and i wanted to be a little light-hearted for a change.)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 02:24:06 am by Heph »
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 27, 2015, 02:07:12 am »

Some mindless undead make a shrine. None of the thinking undead really pay it any heed.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 27, 2015, 02:21:02 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 27, 2015, 10:37:19 am »

The introduction stories are all very good. That's pretty much what the game is based around, writing. I dig the creativity. Hopefully this game will inspire you to write some good bits and those bits will inspire each other to write cool bits and we'll all have a grand old time. 

Colosseum match up:

Detoxicated verses Kevak.

Rolep verses Gryffondork.

Battle's will occur when both players are online and can control their monster. The way that battle's work is basically like a Roll to Dodge mini-game. You say you attack and I roll for your attack and their defense, the difference is the damage. Same with specials and area gimmicks.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 27, 2015, 11:56:44 am »

Appear before the tribe and tell them, that they shall go and hunt a great beast to sacrifice it to me. The sacrifice is to be placed in the volcano with a nice accompanying ritual.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 27, 2015, 02:20:30 pm »

I'm confused. I thought you were going to PM parts for the monsters for us to work with to build our monsters?

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 27, 2015, 03:21:07 pm »

You were supposed to post if you wanted to enter. Did I miss your post?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 27, 2015, 07:45:54 pm »

The Princess hears strange things. Whispers of hunger, of eating. The Queen hears nothing, but She knows when Her daughter is telling the truth. An altar is to be set up. A shrine, for feedings to be offered to Khesh. Only then will he appear, and tell them of how best to eat...forever.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 27, 2015, 09:27:27 pm »

Enter Monster Battle Turn 1

Visit my peeps, wade amongst them and pronounce blessings to come. warn of hardships also - best not to give false impressions. Request a shrine, near the forward end of the island, a nest of plant-fibre beneath one of the crystals which juts out into the void, (the shrine is to be in the smallish cavern one the inside end of the crystal). Request sacrifice of every interesting bit the monkeys currently have on them, to show they are paying absolute attention to me, and not to the trivial things of the cavern floor.

It was the second post after turn one was announced. It's cool, I'll sit out this round. Maybe do a little space exploring around my island? I suppose I need to be a little more narrative in my updates anyway, right?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 27, 2015, 09:49:54 pm »

Huginn Muninn Enters the corridors of Mnemosyne Island, drifting toward the great, crystalline structures which let light into the caverns at the forward side. as he floats, Huginn Muninn gathers Lightning monkeys like flame gathers insects, darting and fluttering about, somehow more energized by his presence. He travels slowly is light caressing the long fibrous strands of the Underweb, sending color and fluid racing through their xylem and phloem. Darker creatures draw back from the manifestation, and flee into deeper places.

Arriving in the caverns, Huggin Muninn awaits the gathering of the full clan, and holds court. "Greetings, my people" He begins, "You have had difficult times, all have had difficult times, especially now since the Sundering. We, who were once a part of ll, are now apart from all. Difficulty will follow us, it is true, but I will be here with you, to provide strength and bounty, and you will provide energy and power. Together we will grow, and together we will travel this new reality, ever searching, ever learning, seeking All. Construct, therefore, a shrine, here, amongst the crystals. call its name Focus, and lay at it all which you carry, all which would distract you from the Goal. In this way, we will begin a great work, and I will be with you. I will give you a new name, to show that you are mine. I will call you Nuros"

The Nuros, rapt with attention upon Huginn Muninn, danced their curious, frenetic dance, exchanging parts almost by instinct, bouncing, rushing to and fro, yet always remaining together before the light of Huginn Muninn, the light reaching out, caressing and infusing them. An alter was constructed of obsidian and decorated with crystals of many colors, shining in the refracted light from the great crystals. Vines were woven about and above and beneath, and all the bits of interest that the Nuros had on hand were brought before the Shrine, offered up to Huginn Muninn, who granted blessing on his people, before departing again. As he faded into the Divine Realm, he left a piece of himself behind, a light upon the altar, that he might be with his people always.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 27, 2015, 09:51:44 pm »

The introduction stories are all very good. That's pretty much what the game is based around, writing. I dig the creativity. Hopefully this game will inspire you to write some good bits and those bits will inspire each other to write cool bits and we'll all have a grand old time. 

Colosseum match up:

Detoxicated verses Kevak.

Rolep verses Gryffondork.

Battle's will occur when both players are online and can control their monster. The way that battle's work is basically like a Roll to Dodge mini-game. You say you attack and I roll for your attack and their defense, the difference is the damage. Same with specials and area gimmicks.
I don't think this will work due to timezone issues. Having players submit actions and then getting around to them whenever works better.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 27, 2015, 10:37:55 pm »

Ok, we'll do it like that. I'll go ahead and do Detox and Kevak. Please post your monster description when submitting your first action.

The portcullises open and you (now as your monster) find that the arena is a mix of desert and rock outcroppings. There are six outcropings in a circular formation around the arena. The opposing monster is visible in the distance, entering the areana from the opposite entrance.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 27, 2015, 10:49:22 pm »

Might wanna have a separate thread for the monster fights. It'll get real busy in here real fast otherwise.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10