Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who will run the successor thread to MurderMachines!

Shaggard
- 1 (3.3%)
TheFlame52
- 9 (30%)
peregarrett
- 8 (26.7%)
CaptainMcClellan
- 6 (20%)
Kefkacrazy
- 6 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closed: March 13, 2015, 03:14:20 pm

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: MurderMachines's Successor  (Read 29380 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
Re: MurderMachines's Successor
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2015, 05:43:57 pm »

WELP I'm going to start some experimenting to see if I can get Slaughterhelm the way I want it. There will be copious amounts of DFhack. Also I might have to update the voidspawn myself.
I'm working on mods that I'd like to include, school's just been super hectic. I'll run them by you/whoever wins. ( Still another 10 days, things could happen. ) And since I'll be posting publicly, anyone will have their chance at objecting.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 07:51:14 pm »

Alright, I've updated the old raws for voidspawn that I pulled out of an old save. In fact, they are less error-filled than the original voidspawn and include several features that were accidentally left out, such as plaguebearers emitting poison gas and voidspawn having shells for skin. Yay. Now I'm going to generate a world and see if I can use DFhack to modify a dwarf to make a Voidgod.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2015, 09:22:18 am »

I'll try it. If I can get it to work, there will be a voidgod. If not, there will be a Great Wizard.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2015, 10:03:45 am »

It works in the current version for sure, even with various mild raw tweaks and mods, pretty sure you could even sacrifice the others by using gm-editor to set uhhhh, I think under meeting there is something called leave_time or something which is used when animals wander off the map.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2015, 11:15:23 am »

Nah, I gotta keep the rest around to do the menial work. The Voidgod only deigns to kill.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2015, 11:48:19 am »

Yeah, was just referencing the time rumgod did that with the others for a voidgod summoning.

Super skills are great, but you want a super killing machine give them a self target interaction that pumps their speed by a thousand or so percent, in adventurer mode doing this lets you knock someone into the air, run past them to where they will land, drink their blood in mid-air, and then hit them the instant they land.

A legendary everything normal speed dorf vs one with 9.9/10 speed... let's just say I avoid fights with the enemies I've met that can use those speed boosters.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2015, 12:55:11 pm »

Yeah... So if we're just modding in things to be ridiculously overpowered, I have some ideas and my current completion level on their RAW entries.

-New super metals, including "Screaming metal" for the specific purpose of being used in scary baddies. started
-Refining process for making Pitchblende into uranium blocks with some realistic plutonium as a waste material. ( Can we say radioactive explosions? :P ) Not started.
-Nuclear fission forge powered by aforementioned uranium. Not started.
-Radioactivity syndromes. Not started
-Realistically using prussian blue for counteracting the radiation poisoning. Started.
-Prussian blue existing as a dye and a liquid consumable at all, for that matter. Started.
-Nuclear power plants as a power-producing workshop that requires water, uranium, and some other things. ( Don't forget the cobalt control rods, if you care about your dwarven bodies at all! ) Not started
-Also will include tasks for operating the reactors. ( ie, you can SCRAM the reactor, drain the water, fill the water, release steam pressure, operate the reactor, or purposely blow it up. ) Not started.
-An expansion of mythological creatures. It has been said that having legends inside of your legends is the best way to make your legends legendary. ( Granted, it wasn't said that way. ) Started.
-Making the new world conscious of the void through entity and sphere editing. Not started
-More terrifying creatures. started
-Upping the general badassery of all the sentient races to cope with this world. Not started.
-Void angels. Completed.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2015, 01:06:43 pm »

I think we can make user-defined entities use randomly-generated metals and such. It's as easy as adding a single tag and maybe removing the ability to make steel.

As for upping the general badassery, can do. Avatars for humans, wizards for dwarves, druids that actually do shit for elves, etc.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2015, 01:21:34 pm »

I think we can make user-defined entities use randomly-generated metals and such. It's as easy as adding a single tag and maybe removing the ability to make steel.

As for upping the general badassery, can do. Avatars for humans, wizards for dwarves, druids that actually do shit for elves, etc.
Huh... but that still doesn't cover have a creature being made of a randomly-generated material, nor do most of the creatures I'd like to use the metals for benefit from incosistency. Imagine, if you will, a metal that is more brittle than talcum and blunter than my hypotheticals that is procedurally generated and assigned to what were supposed to be fearsome creatures... Besides, having a "Screaming metal warhammer" just sounds so appealing! :D

:P I meant just upping the average stats for the races, but yeah. Superbeings are a fun way to go too.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2015, 01:33:43 pm »

So next DeathGate is turning into reclaim fest before it has even started.

What are those "void angels"? The steel angels that were mentioned in MurderMachines thread?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2015, 01:52:09 pm »

So next DeathGate is turning into reclaim fest before it has even started.

What are those "void angels"? The steel angels that were mentioned in MurderMachines thread?
C'mon Aoshima, don't be so pessimistic!

And no. Those are Max's creation. Void angels are more of a idea than a creature. A speculated benevolent counterpart out of all the monstrosities that did escape the void. Or at very least a speculated group of creatures who have accepted their exile to the void with more grace than [us]. Basically they're a thing to show up in engravings, like chimeras do in vanilla. Except that there may or may not be cults based around them. ( I'm hoping so, that's kinda my goal, but I don't have the spheres set up. I guess technically that counts as incomplete. )

Here's the current version of the RAW for them, which is complete but could stand for some upgrading.
Code: [Select]
[CREATURE:VOIDANGEL]
[DESCRIPTION: A benevolent winged being trapped in the void with an alien appearance]
[NAME:void angel:void angels:void angel]
[CREATURE_TILE:'Ĺ'][COLOR:6:0:1]
[FANCIFUL]
[PREFSTRING:mysterious appearence]
[PREFSTRING:alien nature]
[PREFSTRING:benevolence]
[PREFSTRING:enduring hope]
[DOES_NOT_EXIST]
[ALL_ACTIVE]
[CASTE_NAME:MALE]
[MALE]
[CASTE_NAME:FEMALE]
[FEMALE]

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2015, 01:55:36 pm »

Also, I've got a question for everyone: Are we going to be doing any adventure mode? I know I've talked about it, but I'd kinda like to know what everyone feels about it.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2015, 02:05:11 pm »

How about one void escapee who looks for a site/beacon to attract others to? Doing some murdering along the way helps with legends.

And since we can get the scout in as a migrant, we can set up a backstory with one brave soul finding a place for others to invade and then persuades local dwarves to set up a fortress there and send steady supply of bodies to posess.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2015, 02:22:17 pm »

Well, my plan with the Grand Wizard is that there is going to be a sooper rare caste of dwarf. I'll found Slaughterhelm, make an adventurer as said caste, retire them at the fort, and unretire the fort and start playing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19