Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: You are a minor Lovcraftian Horror 3 OOC [10/10, 1R] Put action Pricechecks here  (Read 4942 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

D̠̱̰͉͡A̶̪̟͇Ŕ͓͈K̜͞N̵҉̲̬̬͎Ę̛̣͈S̵̺̮̥̺̺̼̻͔S̲̤̝̲͜ ͍̟̯Í͎͉͚̠̬͎͘Ś̶̘ ̱͚͔̞̪Ų̸͙̳̝̤P͏̴͕O͕̼͇̪̩̼̱̝͓͠Ṇ͍͔̳͈͇͍͔̀͟ ̟͖͕̭̳̺͝T͏̡̰̜͙̯͔͖̼̘͢H̵̨̳̣͓͙͝E҉̰͎̻̯̜̜̪͘͝ͅ ̝̘̻͘͜W̳͙̥̺͓͘͟O̶̥̻̦̫̣̭R̡̯̠͕̣L͡҉̰̟͍D̴̛͎̯̙̭̕

The World has ended yet again. After 96% of the world was killed by a mysterious rapture, a portal has opened up and mysterious minor horrors have tumbled out. You have no followers and no powers right now. But that'll change eventually.
Welcome to the third Lovcraftian horrors thread, hosted by me with permission and some guidance from the original creator, Tntey. You can read up on how the originals went down here and here.

Applications
Code: [Select]
Name:
Symbol:
Color:
Description:

History
IC thread
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 11:12:55 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a minor Lovcraftian Horror 3 OOC [0/10]
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 09:34:55 am »

Fear!
There is nothing to fear except fear itself
Fear is your ability to do things. There are two kinds of fear. The first kind is active, or "regular" fear. Active fear is the fear you use to do certain actions like creating monsters and infusing terrifying magic into the world. You can also gain fear by causing awe. You gain a certain amount of fear a turn. Fear is accumulated by having followers and horrors of your own. The second type is Terror, or GDF (Gross Domestic Fear). Terror Is that amount of fear spent a turn by all horrors. The higher it gets, the more likely !!FUN STUFF!! is going to happen.

Actions!
Action is the foundational key to all success.
Certain actions cost fear. If you are trying to achieve a big project, then fear can be spent to do it over multiple turns. The only case where this is not possible is when trying to create a minor Horror.

Free Actions
  • Using powers
  • Talking and stuff
  • Inflicting horror on someone without a strong willpower
  • Using Magic
  • Teleporting (Less fear income when away from your followers)
Actions That cost points

Magic Systems
Infusing magic into the world will allow taught individuals to use horrifying magic. When magic is created, horrors must teach their followers how to use the magic. When a horror creates a magic system, other horrors must wait three turns until they can use that magic system for their own personal use.

There are currently no magic systems. It is rumored some have been created by angels, but they have not been rediscovered.

Monsters and Followers
Lets start with the easier one, followers. Followers are your regular bread and butter boring old humans. They are in awe of you and terrified of you. They are drawn to you by fear, and pray to you out of fear. However, when another horror exerts their fear over your followers, your followers may convert. You can assign followers jobs, and you can assign them to do your bidding. You can even imbue followers with power!

Monsters are your monsters that you create. They can be anything, from a mouse with that emits fear over anyone near, or an octopus that can fly and breath regular atmosphere. Monster can be modified with traits which lower or heighten their cost. (When minor horrors are created, they can be given traits too!) Monsters also exert fear, increasing your fear income. If you need me to price check a certain creation, just give me a description and a list of traits, and I will be happy to price check it.

Coorporation Benefits
2 Horrors: 95% cost
3 Horrors: 85% cost
4 Horrors: 70% cost
5 Horrors: 65% cost
6 Horrors: 60% cost
7 Horrors: 50% cost
8 Horrors: 35% cost
9 Horrors: 25% cost
10 Horrors: 10% cost

Combat of Horrors
Horror damage can be increased with fear. New Horrors have a 2 turn grace period where they can't be killed. If a horror is killed, They can be brought back to life by others giving the dead Horror their fear with a 3:1 conversion rate.

Terror effects
At a certain point, hostile NPC horrors will start appearing. The higher Terror is, the more powerful these horrors will be. With more Terror, comes more powerful humans wanting to fight back, And more Terror will cause the world to be more chaotic and crazy.

God
A powerful, unknown endgame.

Secret Actions
Secret actions can be sent to me in the form of a PM. Secret actions cost 20% more.

Spoiler:  Extra Stuff (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 04:00:52 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 09:35:17 am »

Current Players:
None yet.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 11:07:54 am by Dustan Hache »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 10:59:25 am »

Thread is now open for applications.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 11:22:23 am »

Name : Qassatoughua
Colour : green
Symbol : image of ancient greek theatre laughing face
Description : Mediterrean man in purple tunic, face is covered by laughing golden mask of comedy actor.
Looking in the eyes, you notice tentacles of black void behind mask.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 11:33:14 am »

Name : Qassatoughua
Colour : green
Symbol : image of ancient greek theatre laughing face
Description : Mediterrean man in purple tunic, face is covered by laughing golden mask of comedy actor.
Looking in the eyes, you notice tentacles of black void behind mask.

Accepted. Once I have at least 3 players, I'll start up the IC thread.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: You are a minor Lovcraftian Horror 3 OOC [1/10]
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2017, 11:45:28 am »

Name: Akashir Azir'kan
Symbol: A sun bearing a large, somewhat serpentine eye within
Color: Orange
Description: A colossal serpentine figure that seems to be made of orange vipers that have interlocked themselves by biting onto each other. (The vipers are, in fact, uncannily inseparable from each other. For now.)
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2017, 11:45:36 am »

Name: Oculus
Color: This
Symbol: A split open human skull with eyes incrusted inside of it. There are some slugs and spiders coming out of the empty eye sockets.
Description: A huge, glowing slug with many spider legs. Its body is covered in many eyes of various sizes and shapes. Its head is a crystal skull with a levitating brain inside, completely surrounded by eyes from all sides.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a minor Lovcraftian Horror 3 OOC [1/10]
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2017, 12:29:06 pm »

Accepted, IC should be up sometime in the next hour.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: You are a minor Lovcraftian Horror 3 OOC [3/10]
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2017, 12:39:51 pm »

Name: The Unfinished One
Color: Light yellow.
Symbol: A pen.
Description: Base appearance is below. Also wears a similarly-sketched labcoat, as well as a solid white, perfectly smooth mask with two red horizontal slits where his eyes would be.
Spoiler: Base appearance (click to show/hide)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2017, 12:42:27 pm »

Name: Isgon
Symbol: An eye with a purple iris
Color: purple
Description: A large floating eye with tentacles writhing around it
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2017, 12:51:29 pm »

Name: Schrallmiltar
Symbol: A yellowy rotting ribcage. It's lined with fine cracks and has 8 ribs. The outer four are curved backwards around the ribcage and their tips are piercing the central four. Moss is growing out of the cracks. The inside is obscured by shadows and the only visible thing is a gaping maw dripping blood.
Color: Brown
Description: A giant tree twisted into new purpose. The trunk is as thin as a man's arm and constantly weaving patterns in the air. It is connected to the roots that are shaped in the form of a giant wolf the size of a house. The roots are constantly squirming, giving the impression thaf the wolf is breathing. In place of leaves are various humanoids and non-humanoids, still alive despite the impalement. Their mouths were stretched beyond limits and their throats burst open long ago, but traces of dry blood leaking still bear witness to their eternal screams.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 01:01:50 pm by Secheral »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2017, 12:54:13 pm »

(Seems like eyes are a common characteristic of eldritch lovecraftian horrors :o. I expected more tentacles and mouths.)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a minor Lovcraftian Horror 3 OOC [5/10]
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2017, 01:04:52 pm »

So did I. I also expected some more "normal" looking horrors, Not that I'm complaining.
also, IC is up!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: You are a minor Lovcraftian Horror 3 OOC [6/10]
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2017, 01:42:55 pm »

Anyway. Yes. My pricechecks.

Grain-grinding windmill.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 01:48:47 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5