Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 281574 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMUNDERLORD: Chapter III: World's Fall: And now we win
« Reply #2520 on: April 12, 2019, 10:46:31 pm »

Whelp, since we’re all thoroughly done with this section (not in the manner that we finished it, but that we are mentally done with dealing with it), I’m voting for MM’s plan (even if it’s not technically finalized) with the various results of the discussion had about it included. Additionally, due to a coin-flip over Discord, it seems that we’re having Anna brought to a medical facility.

So to summarize: Madman’s big plan, Anna to the medical center, try to make he parrot just go to the trains or docks (I’m thinking to the trains, to make the Plot look more closely at Celling and less closely at Fansworth; after all, the parrot’s important).

EDIT: The secondborn hurricane warning thing means everything's been evacuated. Nevermind the med center plan, we'll just go with MM's original plan for Anna.

EDIT2: In other news:
Quote from: Me, on Discord, to Blue
Proposition: have Erin slash Florist's budget, reason given being that he's expending large portions of it on frivolous and far-too-expensive projects that only serve to benefit Florist and his hobbies as opposed to doing anything of value for the Republic
Imply that if this behavior continues he may be investigated for some applicable crimes (embezzlement, maybe, or potentially treason)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 10:05:21 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: April 16, 2019, 10:12:54 pm »

Whelp, since we’re all thoroughly done with this section (not in the manner that we finished it, but that we are mentally done with dealing with it), I’m voting for MM’s plan (even if it’s not technically finalized) with the various results of the discussion had about it included. Additionally, due to a coin-flip over Discord, it seems that we’re having Anna brought to a medical facility.

So to summarize: Madman’s big plan, Anna to the medical center, try to make he parrot just go to the trains or docks (I’m thinking to the trains, to make the Plot look more closely at Celling and less closely at Fansworth; after all, the parrot’s important).

EDIT: The secondborn hurricane warning thing means everything's been evacuated. Nevermind the med center plan, we'll just go with MM's original plan for Anna.

EDIT2: In other news:
Proposition: have Erin slash Florist's budget, reason given being that he's expending large portions of it on frivolous and far-too-expensive projects that only serve to benefit Florist and his hobbies as opposed to doing anything of value for the Republic
Imply that if this behavior continues he may be investigated for some applicable crimes (embezzlement, maybe, or potentially treason)

We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: April 16, 2019, 10:49:26 pm »

For obvious reasons I'll have to -1 this.

"Well hold on now! You're proposing a budget cut without even seeing the results of my work? How dare you. You know what? Fuck you! I'm tired of being trodded upon by you, Quill! Sending me out of your office like I was some homeless man while knowing of my position! Demeaning the contributions I make to our scientific knowledge and our society! And now, now you want to slash my budget? Without even giving me a chance to report first? That is it. First I am going to compile a report on the value of my work to our society and to our scientific knowledge base! Then I am going to fucking challenge you to prove that you deserve your position! Because to be honest, Quill? Maybe I deserve it more than you do. This is the last straw."

"You brought this on yourself."
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 11:00:29 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: April 16, 2019, 11:18:16 pm »

1. Please see the term "proposition".
2. That response is not in any way, shape, or form professional behavior, and proves that you are unsuited for the responsibility of being the royal scientist.
3. Your scientific knowledge is restricted to biology and occasionally chemistry. Erin, while focused on physics, has a thorough understanding of every type of known science, allowing him to properly balance and manage the various departments of the government's science branch.
4. Make your report. Then we can talk.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: April 16, 2019, 11:23:00 pm »

"You know what also isn't professional? The way you treat me. You know normally I'm just fine. I've just had it with you, Quill. Had it with your smug superiority and stuck-up attitude towards me. Omnidisciplinary, true, but does that matter if you don't treat your subordinates with the respect they deserve? And as for my report? Gladly."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: April 16, 2019, 11:28:18 pm »

"You know what also isn't professional? The way you treat me. You know normally I'm just fine. I've just had it with you, Quill. Had it with your smug superiority and stuck-up attitude towards me. Omnidisciplinary, true, but does that matter if you don't treat your subordinates with the respect they deserve? And as for my report? Gladly."

You claim that you're fine, professional, helpful, whatever. Prove it. Show us some advance that has come from your labs that doesn't involve a perversion of nature, a crime against humanity, or a crime against the LAWS of nature. Show us when you have actually helped people, and times when it was done in self-interest do not count.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: April 17, 2019, 02:41:18 am »

Support Fallacy on this one.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: April 17, 2019, 12:13:37 pm »

You claim that you're fine, professional, helpful, whatever. Prove it. Show us some advance that has come from your labs that doesn't involve a perversion of nature, a crime against humanity, or a crime against the LAWS of nature. Show us when you have actually helped people, and times when it was done in self-interest do not count.

"I've managed to genetically create magic beans. Literal beans that are magic. Do you not see the implications? We can scientifically study magic. And that's just for starters!"
Generic Arms Race.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: April 17, 2019, 01:45:35 pm »

"I've managed to genetically create magic beans. Literal beans that are magic. Do you not see the implications? We can scientifically study magic. And that's just for starters!"
1. @Blueturtle, did this actually happen, or is Fal just making assumptions?
2. Even if this did happen, we have access to the OotS-verse. We can study magic anyway.
3. We’re not looking for implications. We’re looking for concrete accomplishments. Assuming you did make magic beans, what is their actual use? Just “being magic” doesn’t really help at all.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: April 17, 2019, 02:18:01 pm »

1. @Blueturtle, did this actually happen, or is Fal just making assumptions?
2. Even if this did happen, we have access to the OotS-verse. We can study magic anyway.
3. We’re not looking for implications. We’re looking for concrete accomplishments. Assuming you did make magic beans, what is their actual use? Just “being magic” doesn’t really help at all.

Quote from: Discord
An ouch bean is one of the species of beans Fallacy has been growing in his genetics testing garden.

This is all that's guarenteed.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: April 22, 2019, 02:22:25 pm »

: FINALLY! TIME TO GET ON WITH THE SHOW! FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS, THE PARROT! PARROT, WE HAVE A MESSAGE FOR YOU.

The Amazing Parrot; Squack?

: THE FOLKS HIGHER UP WANT YOU TO HAMMERSPACE YOURSELF TO THE TRAIN STATION FOR THEM, GO AND DO THAT, WILL YOU?

The Amazing Parrot; Squack squack!

Roll d6 → 4 = Success!

: WELL, THAT’S SURE UNDERWHELMING… WAS HOPING FOR A NICE PARROT SEGMENT. THE PARROT’S NOW AT THE TRAIN STATION. NEXT!

“Jacob and… you four, follow me,” says Fansworth. He gestures into the still-smoldering building and leads the captured rebel, and four soldiers about his height and build, Jacob gives a defiant look as he walks off, hands tied behind his back.

Ignoring him, Celling turns to address the rest of the group. “Alright, boys, here’s the plan,” he says to the forty-odd crowd of tired, battered guardsmen (and David). “We’re going to split into two groups. Then, we disguise one of our own people as Jacob, and force Jacob to put on the uniform of one of our soldiers. We fake some kind of an altercation - make it look like we’re handcuffing some soldiers on disciplinary grounds - so that we can get Jacob tied back up. I’ll lead a group to the train station with the decoy Jacob, and we’ll bring Anna’s body. Meanwhile, my colleague Fansworth will transport the real Jacob to the docks.

Someone speaks up. “We’re gonna need someone that’s basically the same height and build as Jacob then,”

“Well, that’s what Fansworth is figuring out right there.”

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

“Alright, Jacob,” Fansworth says, uncuffing his hands. He’s standing in the middle of a circle of guns trained on him. “Take off your shirt, pants, and shoes, and hand them over.”

Fansworth looks around the soldiers he picked. The best match he can find is one James Emand, who’s got the height and maybe the build. A few seconds up-close, however would break the illusion. His hair’s sandy yellow as opposed to Jacob’s blond, and his eye color is slightly off.

David looks at Celling skeptically. “Please explain why all this is necessary?” he asks.

“We don’t know whether these rebels have help or other forces operating in the area,” Celling answers. “And we can’t afford to risk losing Jacob. Splitting up is going to confuse them. And you’re going to move with us, David, since we’re trying not to draw attention to the dock team.”

“No, I’m not,” answers David. “If I’m not going to be able to help you transport these people to the small, dark cell where they belong, I’ve got to go find the Pillar of Time before some hoodlum steals it. I still remember where the Secondborn left it.” David raises his hand and pinches his fingers, preparing to teleport. “So if you haven’t got anything better for me to do, I’ll go do that now.”

What’s your response to this?

A: “Alright, then. You go do that.”
B: “No. Stay with us until we take the train back, then we’ll let you go wherever.”
C: “We’re going to need you with us. Go with the real Jacob group and Fansworth to the docks.”

And given your knowledge about the disguise quality, do you want to make any changes to the plan?

A: No. Proceed as discussed.
B: Yes, we will change some things.

: AND IT APPEARS THERE IS SOME DIVISION AMONG THE SCIENTISTS OF THE REPUBLIC! OH NO! LET’S SEE IF WE WILL CUT TO THAT, EH?

Have a scene resolving the Quill/Fallacy conflict?

A: Yes
B: No
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: April 22, 2019, 02:52:24 pm »

BAB
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: April 22, 2019, 03:09:56 pm »

D: "It's your choice but having you along is extra insurance that we can't be intercepted. You know what's going on here, you're aware of how this works. We can't afford the risk that otherworldly powers --- of various sorts --- will interfere in any teleportation attempts.

And another thing: Are you CERTAIN that that Pillar hasn't been corrupted or made into a failsafe by the Secondborn? And is there any reason you wouldn't be able to find it even if it was moved?

Furthermore, we know that powerful forces in the form of the Mittani were working here, even you may have trouble with their sort alone since we would REALLY prefer it if you could avoid, y'know, razing the town to the ground with the powers you have access to."

A: no change, if anyone gets close enough to the fake to spot a difference in hair color (surely we wear helmets or at least hats here in the military, every military has worn one or the other for millennia) or eye color, of all things then we've already screwed up, they should NOT be allowed that close to the fake or to the real thing, we're a military in combat operations not a parade. Oh, *and* they'd need to have someone in this hypothetical rescue team who already knows exactly the color of Jacob's hair and eyes.

B: no need to slow down the pace of the game right now...furthermore the sorts of enquiries that would need to be launched to evaluate the financial situation would take many weeks at best, or months if there's a real bureaucracy to go through. In other words....it's not something that needs to be addressed between now and the inevitable rescue attempt.

Jacob's a kid right now, an overly edgy teen to be exact. He can't rot in prison for much time at all, it'd be against the laws of narrative.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: April 22, 2019, 03:31:13 pm »

D: "It's your choice but having you along is extra insurance that we can't be intercepted. You know what's going on here, you're aware of how this works. We can't afford the risk that otherworldly powers --- of various sorts --- will interfere in any teleportation attempts.

And another thing: Are you CERTAIN that that Pillar hasn't been corrupted or made into a failsafe by the Secondborn? And is there any reason you wouldn't be able to find it even if it was moved?

Furthermore, we know that powerful forces in the form of the Mittani were working here, even you may have trouble with their sort alone since we would REALLY prefer it if you could avoid, y'know, razing the town to the ground with the powers you have access to."

A: no change, if anyone gets close enough to the fake to spot a difference in hair color (surely we wear helmets or at least hats here in the military, every military has worn one or the other for millennia) or eye color, of all things then we've already screwed up, they should NOT be allowed that close to the fake or to the real thing, we're a military in combat operations not a parade. Oh, *and* they'd need to have someone in this hypothetical rescue team who already knows exactly the color of Jacob's hair and eyes.

B: no need to slow down the pace of the game right now...furthermore the sorts of enquiries that would need to be launched to evaluate the financial situation would take many weeks at best, or months if there's a real bureaucracy to go through. In other words....it's not something that needs to be addressed between now and the inevitable rescue attempt.

Jacob's a kid right now, an overly edgy teen to be exact. He can't rot in prison for much time at all, it'd be against the laws of narrative.
+1

Though addendum: what Quill/Fallacy conflict? There’s no such thing.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: April 22, 2019, 06:17:00 pm »

+1

Though addendum: what Quill/Fallacy conflict? There’s no such thing.
Ah, fair, +1
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 203