Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1257928 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #3435 on: July 28, 2011, 12:16:29 am »

They'd be rather easy to catch out as the game stands right now, mainly because the player is the only human alive in the world :P
*Hugs*

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: July 28, 2011, 12:20:46 am »

They'd be rather easy to catch out as the game stands right now, mainly because the player is the only human alive in the world :P
Yep, but there are tons of human corpses, so why not have it disquise itself as a corpse until someone staggers upon it, and BAM ! Death from a corpse

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: July 28, 2011, 12:25:30 am »

As a random suggestion, there should be some places where there are artificial atmoshpere systems, with a chance of some rooms being broken and flooding the rooms with 100% oxygen. Apart from the unfortunate consequences of starting a fire, it could also damage you if you hang around for a very long time.

Sir Moops

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: July 28, 2011, 12:32:15 am »

Yep, but there are tons of human corpses, so why not have it disquise itself as a corpse until someone staggers upon it, and BAM ! Death from a corpse

Strangely I haven't come across any human corpses. Maybe there should be some random corpses that spawn at the beginning of the game that don't become zombies. I'm not really sure how the whole zombification process in this game works though.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: July 28, 2011, 12:34:54 am »

Strangely I haven't come across any human corpses. Maybe there should be some random corpses that spawn at the beginning of the game that don't become zombies. I'm not really sure how the whole zombification process in this game works though.
I fidn them everywhere usually corpses of (Heavily-Armed) civilians, or scientists.

Sir Moops

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: July 28, 2011, 12:36:26 am »

Oh yeah. I somehow forgot about the military and scientist patrols.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: July 28, 2011, 12:41:01 am »

Random helidrops of armed soldier patrols would be cool, if you were close enough you might be able to hear the helicopter, and the soldiers would walk around killing any zombies/anything that moved.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: July 28, 2011, 12:42:05 am »

Also, they should be able to drop you off at their (still active) army base if you get to the heli in time.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: July 28, 2011, 12:42:53 am »

Also, they should be able to drop you off at their (still active) army base if you get to the heli in time.
It would be awesome if the base got invaded by a massive horde of zombies when you got there to.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: July 28, 2011, 12:44:55 am »

Maybe if the soldier count at the base went above a certain threshold they would order you to get to a safe place, if it fell below that one of them would toss you a gun and tell you to join the defense.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: July 28, 2011, 12:45:59 am »

Maybe if the soldier count at the base went above a certain threshold they would order you to get to a safe place, if it fell below that one of them would toss you a gun and tell you to join the defense.
A movie of that just went through my head (it was an Ascii Movie. Odd.)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: July 28, 2011, 12:49:04 am »

To dig deeper, if only a few soldiers survived and zombies were still in the base one of them would grab a radio and call in reinforcements, which instead would call in a bombing run that would bomb the base to hell and you had a few minutes in-game to get the heck out before you went down with it.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: July 28, 2011, 12:52:07 am »

Wait, what? Why would they bombard the base when someone's still alive? I'd imagine our policy of "Leave no man behind" would have them send a rescue team first, then bomb the base. At least, I think.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: July 28, 2011, 12:53:43 am »

Wait, what? Why would they bombard the base when someone's still alive? I'd imagine our policy of "Leave no man behind" would have them send a rescue team first, then bomb the base. At least, I think.
Its biological warfare No Man Left Behind Still Alive

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: July 28, 2011, 12:54:43 am »

Most of humanity is dead, a base is crawling with zombies, they'd lose more men trying to rescue those guys then what they would actually save.
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 777