Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r2  (Read 819675 times)

Pieniadz9

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.12-r3 | 0.47.04-beta1
« Reply #2310 on: April 25, 2020, 03:27:16 am »

Do cage traps work differently when placed with Advfort? I've tried to capture a dragon with a cage trap by setting one up in his lair and luring him into it, but the trap didn't work. Later tried the same with a random mountain goat and got the same result. I'm using the 0.47.04 version of DFHack.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: April 25, 2020, 04:37:14 am »

Do cage traps work differently when placed with Advfort? I've tried to capture a dragon with a cage trap by setting one up in his lair and luring him into it, but the trap didn't work. Later tried the same with a random mountain goat and got the same result. I'm using the 0.47.04 version of DFHack.

Cage traps are disabled in adventure mode; \data\init\d_init.txt contains a note by Toady regarding this matter. This was presumably done as getting the player character caught in a cage trap used to give rise to buggy behaviour in earlier versions; escaping cages or otherwise acting from within them hasn't been implemented yet.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: April 25, 2020, 05:09:27 am »

Heads up: the current dev build is likely to be one of the last before we release 0.47.04-r1 (the last couple things on the r1 to-do list probably don't need to be addressed urgently). I don't know exactly when this build will be ready because the one before it in the queue got stuck, but hopefully within the next 12 hours hour or so. (Update: BenLubar fixed the stuck build)
Anyway, we haven't gotten a lot of reports of urgent issues in 0.47.04-beta1 - hopefully that means there aren't any left to fix, but if you've been encountering any issues with the beta build(s), please let us know!

Purely anecdotal, but PeridexisErrant's latest Starter Pack release has only generated one "DFhack problem" comment on reddit at 2k downloads and a week, and that could be Pack settings or, as it's singular, user issues: https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/g1c1gc/the_peridexiserrant_windows_starter_pack_has/fnr5pxy/

No issues for me personally.
Team Bug Fix!

Pieniadz9

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: April 25, 2020, 06:45:41 am »

Cage traps are disabled in adventure mode; \data\init\d_init.txt contains a note by Toady regarding this matter. This was presumably done as getting the player character caught in a cage trap used to give rise to buggy behaviour in earlier versions; escaping cages or otherwise acting from within them hasn't been implemented yet.
I see, thanks! Is there any way i could re-enable them?

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: April 25, 2020, 03:11:48 pm »

Who are authors of SPATTER_ADD and steam engine? I have idea of stuff like this, but maybe even harder to code (or easier, I dunno).

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: April 25, 2020, 03:13:13 pm »

It doesn't look like automaterial is working in 0.47.04-beta1. Enable shows the plugin is on, but the last selected material doesn't end up at the top of the list.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: April 25, 2020, 03:51:06 pm »

It doesn't look like automaterial is working in 0.47.04-beta1. Enable shows the plugin is on, but the last selected material doesn't end up at the top of the list.
I was unable to reproduce the issue just now (in 0.47.04-beta1-93-g4dce9f20) when building constructed walls. Were you building another type of construction?

Who are authors of SPATTER_ADD and steam engine? I have idea of stuff like this, but maybe even harder to code (or easier, I dunno).
From GitHub (note that the most recent commits are at the top):
https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/commits/develop/plugins/add-spatter.cpp
https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/commits/develop/plugins/steam-engine.cpp
Angavrilov (ag on the forums) isn't really active these days, though.

That's hardcoded functionality (i.e. not in the raws), so the only way I can think of (that doesn't involve reimplementing traps entirely in DFHack, which is hard) would be to override building vmethods. These might be relevant, judging by their names, but I have no idea what they do or if they're trap-related. So unless we're lucky, it's probably not feasible.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Pieniadz9

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: April 25, 2020, 04:09:12 pm »

That's hardcoded functionality (i.e. not in the raws), so the only way I can think of (that doesn't involve reimplementing traps entirely in DFHack, which is hard) would be to override building vmethods. These might be relevant, judging by their names, but I have no idea what they do or if they're trap-related. So unless we're lucky, it's probably not feasible.
Shame. Still, gonna see if i can do somenthing with theese. Thanks.
Tho i'm not that good with modding DF so i doubt i'm gonna manage to get them working.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: April 25, 2020, 04:35:10 pm »

I was unable to reproduce the issue just now (in 0.47.04-beta1-93-g4dce9f20) when building constructed walls. Were you building another type of construction?
:
Using LNP r03 (which uses beta1) I've seen no problems with constructions. It appears to be working as normal for me (mostly floors and walls, but I believe I've seen it work with ramps as well).
This indicates it might be system/OS issue rather than a general one.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: April 25, 2020, 05:16:41 pm »

Bridges.

Can confirm it's working all right for walls.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 05:19:24 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: April 25, 2020, 06:53:09 pm »

Bridges.

Can confirm it's working all right for walls.
I'm pretty sure it only supports constructions (things like bridges and roads that aren't in the b-C menu are separate building types). At least, the docs indicate that, and there are a couple checks in the plugin that only allow constructions. I feel like support for more buildings types has been suggested before, and we could look into it.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

neo6633

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: April 25, 2020, 07:21:01 pm »

deleted

Arkangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: April 26, 2020, 09:31:03 am »

I'm having trouble getting the tailor plugin to work. I've enabled it, and a status check confirms it's enabled, but even after several years ingame it has yet to actually do anything. There is plenty of worn clothing in need of replacement, and a bookkeeper is assigned, with an office. However, no clothing orders are ever placed, nor is any clothing produced. Am I missing a step? The documentation doesn't indicate anything more.
I remember reading in the past that bookkeepers, after reaching a certain skill level, basically never go back to update the stockpile records, essentially becoming clairvoyant. If the update records job is never triggered, I suppose the clothing check would not trigger either? However, I cannot confirm this is how bookkeeping works at the moment, the wiki doesn't seem to mention anything like this anymore, even though I could have sworn reading that somewhere at some point.

I really like the idea of the tailor plugin, so I'd love to get it to work!

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: April 26, 2020, 10:11:04 am »

From GitHub (note that the most recent commits are at the top):
https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/commits/develop/plugins/add-spatter.cpp
https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/commits/develop/plugins/steam-engine.cpp
Angavrilov (ag on the forums) isn't really active these days, though.

Only Angavrilov can code some mod-usable plugins or not?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: April 26, 2020, 11:01:29 am »

Only Angavrilov can code some mod-usable plugins or not?
It's open source, so anyone can submit changes. My point is that the original author isn't very active, so sending him feature requests probably isn't what you want. If you post your suggestions at https://github.com/dfhack/dfhack/issues or on the forums, someone might be willing to implement them or direct you towards resources you could use to implement them.

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 243