Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we stop this round and start a new one?

Yes
- 14 (60.9%)
No
- 8 (34.8%)
Other (explain)
- 1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Game is ended  (Read 58858 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Game is ended
« Reply #660 on: August 07, 2009, 01:15:55 pm »

Alexhans, I think Kashyyk didn't action.
mmmm... it seems you're right... Why didn't he gave meph his action beforehand ???

Meph...  Reading roles is confusing... Next time I want a comprised list of actions and results like in a certain google doc...  ;D

Yeah, Kashyyk just hasn't been on in a while. I sent him a PM reminding him, hoping he'd at least get an e-mail and send me something, but he never did. Hopefully he's ok.

Heh, maybe I can add a page to my spreadsheet to keep each day's actions and results. Then I can post that as well as all the detailed PMs that go out.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 07, 2009, 01:18:20 pm »

@Servant:  Dude... you realize you were just trying to stab me in the back?  I did very good in not trusting you.  Fakeclaiming like that is pretty anti-town.  You were lucky to pull it off.  If Cult and Dopps hadn't killed each other you would've looked scummier and possibly been lynched.

Did you even read the arguments the Cultists and webadict used to try and lynch me? They were accusing me of acting Scummy. I could roleclaim I'm Townie and get stupidly lynched, or I could agree with them that I am, in fact, Scum, and then try to lure the Doppelgangers.

Keep in mind, I was in fact worried about the Cultists when I asked for the Lone Dopp to talk to me. I really did want a Town-Dopp alliance against the Cult, but the rest of the Town tried to knock it down. I would have only betrayed you once the Cult was dead though.

I also know it was suboptimal play, but once you lie, you can't turn your back on it.

Also, what if there was a REAL survivor alien?  What would've happened then?

Then I would admit that I lied to the town and get lynched. As a townie, I don't have to worry about death.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: August 07, 2009, 01:24:17 pm »

I was talking about you Alexhans, not about me.  You're saying you are bashing me because of how I acted?  That's uncool.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 07, 2009, 02:53:09 pm »

Man, 3 power roles (do passive abilities count as power roles?  If not, 2) in the whole game?  Interesting.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #664 on: August 07, 2009, 03:31:06 pm »

Any role that's not a vanilla townie or mafia goon (meaning they have no special abilities whatsoever) are PRs.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: August 07, 2009, 06:07:49 pm »

Knowing what the cultists were, I suspected that it was something like this when both dead dopps turned up powerless.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: August 07, 2009, 06:09:40 pm »

That's true.  From seeing how the dopps turned out, you could infer the state of the cult and town (ie: few power roles).

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: August 07, 2009, 06:14:46 pm »

Yeah, I wanted to see how the two factions would work without a lot of power role interference. Answer is, they kill each other. Sorry it didn't turn out to be as fun as I'd hoped, but I did learn a lot from it.

I do love how versatile my program is getting, though. Making that change to the available roles just required me to input a different CSV file. Nice and easy :)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: August 07, 2009, 06:18:03 pm »

The program evolves with more plays.  Like I said before, by Round 2000 or so it should be almost balanced.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: August 07, 2009, 06:21:58 pm »

The program evolves with more plays.  Like I said before, by Round 2000 or so it should be almost balanced.
Oh god! Meph has to stop the program! It's Skynet!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: August 07, 2009, 06:25:32 pm »

Oh god! Meph has to stop the program! It's Skynet!

I can see it now: Instead of waging war with mankind, it just sets up a giant game of Mafia trying to find all the Doppelgangers! (And ends up lynching the whole world in the process)
Come play Mafia with us!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: August 07, 2009, 06:30:26 pm »

7 billion players. 1.5 billion dopplegangers. Takes place in a small hick community.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: August 07, 2009, 06:38:49 pm »

7 billion players. 1.5 billion dopplegangers. Takes place in a small hick community.
Think of all the scumhunting that happens...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: August 07, 2009, 06:40:29 pm »

Think of all the scumhunting that happens...

"You're Scum!"
"Liar! Remember back on page 2,300,293 I said..."

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: August 07, 2009, 07:03:35 pm »

It will be McArthy/ War on Terror all over again!

Hmm, it might be interesting to have more negative power roles that increase the amount of points on a team.  This means that you won't be able to infer just from killing one group the power roles on another so much (so, for instance, after killing 3 normal dopps, instead of knowing there will only be a couple of town power roles you would instead be unsure whether there are just a couple of town power roles or quite a few and some negatives thrown in).
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47