Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1403456 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.05 r1
« Reply #840 on: March 10, 2012, 02:10:10 pm »

Did you leave things revealed? I think that used to break things. You could just shut down DF and restart and see what happens.

Danarca

• Bay Watcher
  • [MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: March 10, 2012, 02:13:17 pm »

Hey guys, I really like the workflow command, but I'm having troubles with it, and is looking for help.
Specifically, lye, ash, milled products and the like are what I'm having issues with.

Lye for example, I've concluded is a LIQUID_MISC, but LIQUID_MISC/LYE (And LIQUID_MISC:LYE) doesn't work for me..

What I'm looking for is documentation on the syntaxes, and something that can help me understand what categories items are in. Right now I'm using the wiki and trying to search through the RAWs, but it's not helpful.
Clutter god the god of godly gods.
Om Nom nom nom nom
Ah yes the god of stone stockpiles, long randomly generated names, and gods.

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: March 10, 2012, 02:45:52 pm »

Did you leave things revealed? I think that used to break things. You could just shut down DF and restart and see what happens.

Yeah, I did leave things revealed. And restarting DF works, I was just trying to avoid that. Guess next time Iīll try to remember to unreveal the map if I abandon a fortress.

I assume that dfhack stores the state of the map before it was revealed to be able to unreveal it. This can (obviously) lead to the problem I have (not being able to reveal new embarks until dfhack is completely restarted) as well as to problems when you dig a bit on a revealed map, then unreveal it again (the dug out areas are not revealed, which will lead to job cancellations and in the worst case to dwarves being stuck in the previously revealed sections because they are not able to path back).

For the latter maybe automatically calling revflood from a "really" revealed tile after unrevealing the map should help - but I can think of cases where that would be undesired.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #843 on: March 10, 2012, 04:25:53 pm »

Yeah, I did leave things revealed. And restarting DF works, I was just trying to avoid that. Guess next time Iīll try to remember to unreveal the map if I abandon a fortress.

I assume that dfhack stores the state of the map before it was revealed to be able to unreveal it. This can (obviously) lead to the problem I have (not being able to reveal new embarks until dfhack is completely restarted) as well as to problems when you dig a bit on a revealed map, then unreveal it again (the dug out areas are not revealed, which will lead to job cancellations and in the worst case to dwarves being stuck in the previously revealed sections because they are not able to path back).

For the latter maybe automatically calling revflood from a "really" revealed tile after unrevealing the map should help - but I can think of cases where that would be undesired.
Yeah. When you reveal the map, the information is stored and reused when you hide the map again. I didn't expect that people would actually play the game with the map revealed, because I thought it was rather impractical - compared to the normal state, it introduces a lot of noise to the underground that is IMHO distracting and takes away from the experience of DF. I have no way to detect if you abandon or save+exit, so I'll add some sort of 'revflush' command that throws away that saved data.

lukesleftleg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: March 11, 2012, 02:09:13 am »

Hi.

Thanks very much for DFhack, but I was just wondering if regrass was likely to make a reappearance?

It seems to have been missing from the last couple of versions.

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: March 11, 2012, 03:00:19 am »

Yeah. When you reveal the map, the information is stored and reused when you hide the map again. I didn't expect that people would actually play the game with the map revealed

Itīs not so much about playing with a revealed map all the time. I like to have it revealed when planning rooms so I can make halfways sure that I donīt end up making peasant bedrooms with platinum walls, for example.

And the main issue is/was that I like to peek to check how deep and exactly where magma and underground water and whatever is, then abandon a fort because I donīt like the look of the caverns or whatever and then need to restart DF to be able to use the reveal feature of dfhack again. Now if itīs not too much hassle for you adding a command to throw away the old map information would be really great.

DVeL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: March 11, 2012, 08:06:12 am »

Hey guys, I really like the workflow command, but I'm having troubles with it, and is looking for help.
Specifically, lye, ash, milled products and the like are what I'm having issues with.

Lye for example, I've concluded is a LIQUID_MISC, but LIQUID_MISC/LYE (And LIQUID_MISC:LYE) doesn't work for me..

What I'm looking for is documentation on the syntaxes, and something that can help me understand what categories items are in. Right now I'm using the wiki and trying to search through the RAWs, but it's not helpful.

You can use "/" and "//" in such cases, and they have different meaning.
"/" refers to object and material, from which the object is made. Example: "DOOR/STONE"
"//" refers to category and object. Like in your case - "LIQUID_MISC//LYE", because it is not "liquid, made of lye", but rather "specific liquid - lye"
And (just in case) ":" refers to separate file of item tokens. You can look them in http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Item_token. That would look like "ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_BREASTPLATE/STEEL"

telarin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: March 11, 2012, 10:14:20 am »

Has anyone worked out a way to get workflow to manage crafts? It won't take the ANY_CRAFT item type, and if you specify a specific craft, it doesn't see the MakeCraft jobs at all.

Also, it would be nice if there was a way to tell it to enable any jobs that use X as a reagent until there is only n of that reagent left.

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: March 11, 2012, 10:32:53 am »

Has anyone worked out a way to get workflow to manage crafts? It won't take the ANY_CRAFT item type, and if you specify a specific craft, it doesn't see the MakeCraft jobs at all.

There isnt any such way. It'll need a special case for that, which shouldn't actually be too hard.

Also, it would be nice if there was a way to tell it to enable any jobs that use X as a reagent until there is only n of that reagent left.

...unlike this. Any meaningful way of doing this would have to correctly emulate job material selection, including stuff like burrow checks and other pathfinding issues.

Danarca

• Bay Watcher
  • [MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: March 11, 2012, 01:14:18 pm »

You can use "/" and "//" in such cases, and they have different meaning.
"/" refers to object and material, from which the object is made. Example: "DOOR/STONE"
"//" refers to category and object. Like in your case - "LIQUID_MISC//LYE", because it is not "liquid, made of lye", but rather "specific liquid - lye"
And (just in case) ":" refers to separate file of item tokens. You can look them in http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Item_token. That would look like "ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_BREASTPLATE/STEEL"
Thank you so much! Makes much more sense to me now :)
Clutter god the god of godly gods.
Om Nom nom nom nom
Ah yes the god of stone stockpiles, long randomly generated names, and gods.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: March 11, 2012, 03:41:02 pm »

Sorry if this sounds a bit noobish, but how do you get this to work?

I went over the .html readme, I backed up my SDL.dll and my save game, then I copied the contents of dfhack over my df folder, it replaced my SDL.dll, I loaded up DF and I got an error about the versions...

I was running 34.02, so that must be it, I'm downloading 34.05 now...

Anyway the versions sorted out, how do you use the commands? do you have to run a cmd.exe window? if so what do you type? I'm wondering since there is no .exe or .bat file only the .dll, and that isn't executable...

or the commands are now typed in-game? if so how exactly?

The last time I used DFHack was in 31.25, with the lazy pack, that all you had to do was run some .bat files that would open a new cmd window and do the trick...

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: March 11, 2012, 04:18:38 pm »

Running DF opens a second window. For me it sits right in front of DF. Find it and type in 'help' or 'ls'. Go from there.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: March 11, 2012, 04:29:49 pm »

Running DF opens a second window. For me it sits right in front of DF. Find it and type in 'help' or 'ls'. Go from there.
oh... it triggers a command window automatically now... there we type the commands... isn't there a way to create "shortcuts": pre-enter the commands and run them like the old .bat files?

edit: upgraded my version, now it's working...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 05:49:09 pm by Kaos »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: March 11, 2012, 04:42:48 pm »

certain commands can be set to hotkeys that you use within DF, but the other stuff needs to have a program made that'll run the commands from a button or something. That hasn't been done yet.

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: March 11, 2012, 10:31:04 pm »

I have some issues getting workflow to work. I tried it with food and Drinks, there it works just fine, but with bins, barrels, Coal bars and bolts it just says it can't produce the items. I copied the commands exactly from the readme file. Is the plugin currently broken or am i doing something wrong here?
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 373