Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1403458 times)

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
Re: DFHack 0.34.07 r1
« Reply #1185 on: April 03, 2012, 04:48:39 pm »

stderr.log contains the following, after booting DF and loading a game:

Code: [Select]
dfhack: hooking successful
Identifying DF version.
Loading hack/symbols.xml ... OK
Dummy symbol table entry: announcements
Dummy symbol table entry: announcements
Loaded 4 DF symbol tables.
Unable to retrieve version information.
File: /proc/self/exe
MD5: f4fc83475f9fdaa645f3217c57458235
working dir: /home/stu/desura/common/dwarf-fortress
length:14104364
1KB hexdump follows:

OK.
There are two options:
1) You are trying to use a DF version that isn't supported by that version of DFHack
2) The DF binary has been tampered with. Could be a packaging thing done by desura.

Anyway, you can tweak your symbols.xml file and add a line like this to the appropriate section:
<md5-hash value='f4fc83475f9fdaa645f3217c57458235'/>

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: April 04, 2012, 06:16:55 pm »

Is there a fix for embark anywhere with Dfusion it just crashes DF when I use it?
you could use the original non dfhack dfusion for 34.xx still works if you just use embark anywhere.
Thanks Rum.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: April 04, 2012, 06:50:32 pm »

There a fix for those weird squares of ice that randomly appear in arctic oceans?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

uncivlengr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.06 r3
« Reply #1188 on: April 04, 2012, 08:43:14 pm »

I believe I've found the problem and have a fix for it - when I updated revflood to see through constructions and ice, I accidentally changed the way conflicting veins are handled from "last wins" to "first wins".
Hi there,

I've been frustrated as hell trying to figure out why revflood doesn't work properly anymore, came to check the forums, and apparently this is why.

Is there any way that you could add an option to not see through constructions, or at least walls?  The only reason I ever use revflood is to mine out a vein, wall it off, and then hide the tiles behind the wall, and that's how I know a lot of people use it.  That functionality is lost in the latest version.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #1189 on: April 04, 2012, 10:15:27 pm »

The way it's currently done, disabling that behavior would also cause it to not properly reveal the walls of frozen rivers/ponds. It could also cause some rather odd problems upon removing said constructions, unless that's properly handled by the "cavern exploration" behavior added in v0.31.01.

For the time being, you could accomplish the same behavior by using tiletypes to paint a real wall in the spots you want to seal off.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Drecker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Running DFHack
« Reply #1190 on: April 07, 2012, 12:33:01 pm »

Hi,
I have a simly question: where I should write DFHacks commands (I have linux)? I tried it write commands to console where i ran dfhack but no respons. BTW when I tried to use dfhack-run it says:
Could not connect to localhost: 5000

nukularpower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: April 07, 2012, 01:25:35 pm »

Not sure if there is a good place for suggestions for DFHack (or if you guys take suggestions at all) but going to try anyways.  Reading Toady's recent blog posts about flying minecarts and possible future parabolic projectiles got me thinking: Would there be any way to say, put the cursor over a unit/item, enter a command like "lock" into the DFHack console, and then have the camera automatically follow that item?  IE recentering on it every time it moves a tile or something.  If you've ever tried tracking a moving animal in a hilly embark, you can imagine why I would want something like this, but it would also be neat for tracking flying minecarts and collapsing structures, among other things.  Plus, it would look cool :)

Thanks for all the work on this awesome tool!

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: April 07, 2012, 01:32:17 pm »

Hi,
I have a simly question: where I should write DFHacks commands (I have linux)? I tried it write commands to console where i ran dfhack but no respons. BTW when I tried to use dfhack-run it says:

Run the "dfhack" script.  "dfhack-run" from another window will interface with a running dfhack process.  So you can outout "prospect all" to a text file or something.
Not sure if there is a good place for suggestions for DFHack (or if you guys take suggestions at all) but going to try anyways.  Reading Toady's recent blog posts about flying minecarts and possible future parabolic projectiles got me thinking: Would there be any way to say, put the cursor over a unit/item, enter a command like "lock" into the DFHack console, and then have the camera automatically follow that item?  IE recentering on it every time it moves a tile or something.  If you've ever tried tracking a moving animal in a hilly embark, you can imagine why I would want something like this, but it would also be neat for tracking flying minecarts and collapsing structures, among other things.  Plus, it would look cool :)

Thanks for all the work on this awesome tool!

You're lucky, there's already a command for that.  "follow"  It works on units.  I'm guessing it will work on carts.  We'll find out.  Structures I don't know about.  I have used it to track animals I'm pitting.  Fun to watch them fly and splat. :)

nukularpower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: April 07, 2012, 01:38:23 pm »

Oh my.  How did I miss that?  Thanks a lot.

Drecker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: April 07, 2012, 01:56:27 pm »

Hi,
Run the "dfhack" script.  "dfhack-run" from another window will interface with a running dfhack process.  So you can outout "prospect all" to a text file or something.

I have ran "dfhack" - and I have no idea, where I should wride DFH commands - when I write any command to console where I launched "dfhack" it has no response.
And when I launch "dfhack" and in another console I launch "dfhack-ran prospect all" it will write that about localhost...

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: April 07, 2012, 02:18:04 pm »

Ah, I understand.

When you run dfhack it should print in the console first thing:
DFHack is ready. Have a nice day!
Type in '?' or 'help' for general help, 'ls' to see all commands.
[DFHack]#

If you don't see that, Something is Wrong TM  I guess I would try reinstalling at that point, making sure my versions match, df and dfhack.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1196 on: April 07, 2012, 02:27:47 pm »

I have ran "dfhack" - and I have no idea, where I should wride DFH commands - when I write any command to console where I launched "dfhack" it has no response.
And when I launch "dfhack" and in another console I launch "dfhack-ran prospect all" it will write that about localhost...
Check if you have a file named stderr.log in your DF and if yes, post the contents.

Zabo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: April 07, 2012, 02:59:19 pm »

Hey
Is there a way to hide map again when i saved my game with revealed map?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #1198 on: April 07, 2012, 03:11:14 pm »

Hey
Is there a way to hide map again when i saved my game with revealed map?

This has probably been asked several dozen times within this thread (and other threads), but I'll answer it again:

1. Use "revflood".
2. Next time, don't save a revealed map.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Drecker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: April 07, 2012, 03:16:26 pm »

Ah, I understand.

When you run dfhack it should print in the console first thing:
DFHack is ready. Have a nice day!
Type in '?' or 'help' for general help, 'ls' to see all commands.
[DFHack]#

If you don't see that, Something is Wrong TM  I guess I would try reinstalling at that point, making sure my versions match, df and dfhack.

OK, I'm idiot, I somehow missed latest version of DF. Now it seems worked.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 373