Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: \Duplicity/ Proelium! Phase III  (Read 8337 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: \Duplicity/ Proelium! Phase II
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2017, 03:19:55 pm »

YOUR A STUPID IMP! AND YOUR GONNA BE STUPID AND DEAD Doomguy yells at the fire as he whips out his chainsaw.

Charge at the Sacerdos and cut him away using the shotgun.

real world

jack grabs the pills and then returns to the group.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 12:48:58 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2017, 03:51:12 pm »

Giant Dad

"Gah! You'll pay for that."

Fire the Bass Cannon at Adstatus
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 24, 2017, 02:37:19 pm »

Terrence's hollering attracts the attention of several teenagers; Shay and Lana investigate the source of this outburst and even June is distracted from her own business. The three of them discover the severed hand around the Flare Gun in the desk drawer, and while it's a disconcerting sight, Terrence's yelling preemptively prevented anyone from being shocked at this discovery and thus no one else suffers the same level of mental trauma that he had gone through. With everyone in the room, June silently indicates the remaining sandwiches and beer bottles left on the floor.

Mattew explores the cabin further. As the bathroom and bedrooms had  been sorted through, he looks for something else of note. [Searching: 9] In the living room area, on the right side of the fireplace, Matthew finds what looks to be a hatch leading underneath the cabin. Oddly enough, the cabin does not have any sort of visible basement.

Briefs looks for an electrical outlet or some other external source of power for the wall safe. Looking at the safe in more detail, it's definitely a wall safe and besides the frontal face with an electrified surface, all other mechanisms of it are buried deep within the wall. Additionally, the room appears to be devoid of any power sources.

Jack nabs the pill bottle out of the medicine cabinet and rendezvous with the group, most of whom are now concentrated in the second bedroom.

Dunkelsteinn looks upwards at the Jaculator from under his lopsided hat, eyeing him the same way a new vegan eyes a barbecue celebration in a public park. Dunkelsteinn rushes forward and swings his sword in a big ass arc, [2 vs. 4] a slow attack that gives the Jaculator enough time to slide backwards, escaping the blade.

Rochelle gives the remaining Legionnaire a firmly stank look and then promptly kicks the Sagitarii's bow away, sending it gliding across the ground and under the table. She rotates the axe in her grip, apologizing "I'm a bit sorry, but this is the way things go, and so you're gonna go lose your life."  Rochelle puts a foot on the archer's chest for stability, raises her axe high in the air and swings it down like the hammer at a carnival strength game. [8 vs. 1-2(Pain)] The Sagitarri doesn't even get the chance to put his arms up and attempt to shield himself before Rochelle cleaves right through his helmet, nullifying any of its protection as the axe buries far into his skull.

Tobias accepts the circumstances, "...Okay." The vampire transfigures back into a bat and flies across the room, swerving around the battle before reaffirming himself as a humanoid once he's by the dual battle axes lodged into the wall. [Strength: 9] Tobias places his hands around the handles of the curved axes, and by placing one of his feet against the bottom of the wall, is able to gain enough leverage to free them. With his new arms, Tobias transfigures into mist and carries the axes (he is apparently a very dense mist, able to carry metal objects in a liquid state) over to the Sacerdos. Tobias reforms into a person and swings both axes simultaneously. [8 vs. 7] One of the axes misses entirely, while the other gives the Sacerdos a long though superficial cut through his flesh; battle axes are not the vampire's forte. The priest instinctively grabs at his wound with his left hand and faces Tobias who declares, "Most Vampires are hurt by crosses and blessed water. I am not most vampires." The Roman priest nods, "Okay, thanks for telling me."

Yun bounces through the air like a beach ball at a concert, distressed at its current state of being cooked alive. Once it calms down enough to process the situation logically, it cleverly targets the fallen Legionnaire with its psychokinesis. [Psychokinesis: 2+4] The corpse rattles on the table before blood suddenly comes gushing from all of its orifices with enough force to tear out its eyeballs and transform the sockets into fountains of blood. All of the crimson flies through the air, collecting on Yun's body and eventually suppressing the fire, though it does leave this incident with some light singeing.
Once Yun has been extinguished, it begins vibrating rapidly before releasing an invisible yet palable burst of psychic energy from its being. [9+2 vs. 5] The Jaculator goes from standing tall to immediately buckling over, dropping his Javelin onto the ground as his hands grasp at the sides of his head. His sensation would be similar to molten gold being poured over his skull, without any trace of physical damage. [10+2 vs. 1] The Adstatus taps at his head as he feels a brief irritation, but he shrugs it off. He refocuses on the fighting, ready to make a strike, and then his head explodes with the force of a popped balloon.

Karlston stands firmly and takes a saliva bath without flinching.  "I'm used to being spat on, but do you kiss your mother with that mouth? Disgusting." He takes another coiled sword from his bottomless pouch and thrusts it at the Berserker's midsection, while his other hand flings a sword at Bullucious Primus without looking. [4 vs. 4] The no-scoped sword lands inches away from the General's skull, smashing into a row of rum bottles but doing him no arm. [3 vs. 7-2(Rage)] The Barbarian responds to the thrusting maneuver by slapping the coiled sword away before it can reach him, sending it flying across the room and sticking through the wall, blade first; Karlston finds himself standing in a thrusting pose with an imaginary sword, inches away from the behemoth. [9+3 vs. 2] Karlston prepares to say something witty, but before anything can come forth from his lips, the Berserker seizes a hand around his head, picks the bard off of his feet and pitches him away with such grace that it would catch Derek Jeter's attention. Karlston Meakin, the living fastball, slams into the jukebox with enough power that the machine instantly explodes and ignites. The bard's body lies entangled in the torn, sparking wires of the ruined jukebox, the dying machine eeking out just one more line of Whitesnake's Here I Go Again before it and its new inhabitant expire.
Karlston Meakin is dead.

The Scourge dismisses its injuries and lobs two globules of acid, one for the Adstatus and one for the Jaculator. The Adstatus has a much harder time dodging than he used to, severely missing his face and brain and whatnot, and does not resist the acid further disfiguring his body, giving him a large hole through his torso. The Jaculator is still incapacitated, [4 vs. 3-2(Shocked)] and does move at all despite the fact that a ball of acid is gunning towards him. The acid splashes across the side of his left leg, tearing away his flesh, and its at this point that the Jaculator finally turns his attention away from his hypermigraine to attend to his newest wound, clutching it and rolling around on the floor.

"YOUR A STUPID IMP! AND YOUR GONNA BE STUPID AND DEAD". With the eloquence of a populist politician, DOOM Guy charges the Sacerdos. Once he closes in the distance, the soldier flips his shotgun out of his holster with one hand and fires at the priest. [10 vs. 6] The Sacerdos attempts to flee to the back of the room, but takes a load of buckshot to the back of the right leg. He falls over, landing on his face before clutching at his limb, a large chunk of his ankle missing and response coming from his right foot.

"Gah! You'll pay for that." Giant Dad levels his Bass Cannon at the Adstatus, only to find the Roman in the same condition as Midway Games.

Legionnaire I, given enough time to process his injuries, slowly gets up and rushes at Rochelle, his right leg slightly lagging behind; with his sword out of his grasp, he opts to use his shield as bludgeon instead, swinging it upon her head. [9 vs. 9+1] The reporter's reflexes kick in at the last second and she ducks her head, the flat shield slams onto the face of a table next to her, cracking its wooden facade.

The Jaculator, suffering immensely from both mental and physical ailments, opts to spend his turn rolling around screaming rather than fighting.

The Berserker, seemingly oblivious to the large quantities of blood escaping his backside, turns to face his opposition closer to the booth rather than the bar. Going for the person closest for him, he wraps a massive fist around the scruff of Betsy's outfit and hoists into the air, kicking and resisting, "Let go of me before you regret ya' steer!" [2+3(Rage) vs. 10] The giant steer pulls Betsy up to his face, looking as though he might take a bite of her, when the waitress slams her palms against the giant's ears with concussive power. He drops Betsy, bending over and clutching at his battered ears, giving her enough time to hoist a chair over her head. [1 vs. 9-1(Rage)] Before Betsy can bring the chair down, her knees shake and suddenly she drops her weapon, pressing her hands against her back with a pained expression. "My damn back almost gave out! Real pity I'm still fightin' at my age..."

The Sacerdos flips over onto his back and points a finger in the air, aimed for the DOOM Guy's center. "Power of Boreas, I command you to strike!" A concentrated storm of chilling frost flies out from the priest's finger, [3 vs. 3] turning a few stools and part of the  bar to ice, and freezing a section of the soldier's torso armor. DOOM Guy looks down to inspect his frosted armor, and then bashes it with the butt of his shotgun, shattering the ice but leaving the armor beneath completely intact.

Bullucious Prime looks over his shoulder to glean over the most recent bout of fighting, "How disappointing." He shrugs, reorienting himself with McFadden in a fighting stance, "I'll have to do this all myself, starting with you, keeper of bar." [2+2 vs. 8] Bullucious lunges at McFadden with lightning speed and thrusts his pugio deep. Even though McFadden has less than a second to react, his reflexes make up for it, and he's able to deflect the attack with his baseball bat, shoving his assailant off with a bunt. [8 vs. 3] Before Prime recovers, he's the recipient of swing to the chest that sends him toppling over the front of the bar and onto the floor below. He lays there gasping as McFadden stands above him grinning, "You hafta' have better ones than that if you want to take me laddie'!"

McFadden hops over the bar as Bullucious Prime rises to his feet, coughing as he recovers his breath. [10 vs. 10] The bartender swings the perfect home-run hit at the general's head, who pulls his head away just enough to dodge by mere centimeters, the bat even grazing pieces of his hair.

Betsy grabs a spare bottle, [6 vs. 2-2] and with the Berserker being hunched over, finds him in the perfect position to have said bottle smashed over his head. The glass shatters upon his skull and the barbarian only lets out a single deep grunt as he topples into the ground, head down and ass up. Even though it looks like he won't wake up any time soon, Betsy gives him a kick to the brain-case for good measure, "Big ole' son of a bitch..."

While Mattew is inspecting the hatch in the floor, he is overcome with a sudden shortness of breath, a tightening in his chest. He puts a hand against the wall to hold himself up as he tries to suck in some air, but every breath he takes feels weaker and weaker. He tries to cry out to the other teens, but nothing escapes his lips. Mattew takes one step in the direction of everyone else only to feel a numbness in his limbs. The whole world seems to go dark and Mattew crashes to the ground, his body stiff as board, his eyes stuck in an expression of panic and fear.

Roman General - Bullucious Primus
Looks like Atlas has reformed the ancient armies of Rome, and they're in need of another Sacking. This guy's a General, so he's definitely got some tactical tricks up his sleeve.
Inventory: Roman General's Armor, Pugio, Gladius

Legionnaire I
The standard heavy infantry of Rome. While incredibly effective in large legions, they were not known for individual combat.
Status: Right Thigh [Bleeding/-2 Mobility], Right Shoulder [Heavily Damaged]
Inventory: Roman Infantry Armor, Gladius Sword [D], Scutum Flat Shield

Jaculator
Special Roman infantry that fight primarily with thrown weapons.
Inventory: Roman Infantry Armor, Javelin [D], Throwing Darts

Sacerdos
A holy man with a connection to the powers of the Gods, particularly the Gods of the Elements.
Status: Right Arm [Large Superficial Cut], Right Ankle [Blasted]
Inventory:

Allies:
McFadden
The owner of McFadden's Tav', your first stop for beer, ball games and battles against the legions of Rome.
Inventory: Baseball Bat

Betsy
A hardened old waitress no stranger to rowdy drunks and bar fights.
Inventory: Broken Bottle

Spoiler: Shay Waters / Rochelle (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fred Johnson / Fred (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  June Wildes / Yun (click to show/hide)

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
Re: \Duplicity/ Proelium! Phase III
« Reply #123 on: January 24, 2017, 02:57:18 pm »

Real world:

Terrence, panicking a fair bit less now, slinks into a corner and attempts to calm himself down.

"I think I need a moment, guys, that was horrible."

"Game" world:

Dunkelsteinn was in the process of raising his glowing sword to strike when the jaculator suddenly doubled over and clutched his head, then began rolling on the floor in pain. Dunk lowered his sword slowly as this happened, not entirely sure as to what he had just witnessed, then decided to cast something defensive. Dunkelsteinn produced a curved wand that had been strapped to his back, waved it in the air for a moment, and five clusters of charged crystal shards sprang forth and hovered there, ready to strike back at whoever would attack him next.
(homing crystal soulmass)
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 24, 2017, 03:37:19 pm »

Lana "Joystick" Clarke
Lana stares at it, before sitting at the wall like Terrence is.

Tobias Creed
Tobias walks towards the Sacerdos, flashing a thumbs up to DoomGuy while he does so, before raising his axes up. After saying the following dialogue, Coup de Grace.

"You're welcome. Say hello to your Gods for me."
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 24, 2017, 06:09:57 pm »

Jommy Smith
Jimmy continues to keep watch.

Giant Dad

Try to find something to keep from bleeding to death.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 24, 2017, 06:17:07 pm »

The Real World
Shay Waters
Shay looks at the severed hand disconcertingly, before turning around and helping June pick up some of the sandwiches, while picking up a beer bottle in her hand.

The Game
Rochelle
Rochelle glares at the Legionnaire, before screaming and swinging her axe at his face. "YOU DO NOT MESS WITH ME, A-HOLE! DIE!"
Ain't nobody got time for that.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 24, 2017, 08:45:37 pm »

Austin will mostly just sit there and try to relax for now.
So, uh, I found some painkillers, they might be handy.

Doomguy noting that the priest seems to be being taken care of by the bloodsucker, looks around for his next target and sees the glorious form of a Roman general. With a roar he whips out his BFG9000 and fires it at Bullucious Primus

YOUR STUPID, AND YOUR GONNA BE STUPID AND DEAD!
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 24, 2017, 09:12:14 pm »

The "real" world

Seeing that there was nothing readily accesible in the way of power for the safe, Briefs decided the best thing to do was to go back and meet up with the others.

The game

With the Jaculator now afflicted by its acid, the Scourge decided to attempt a finishing blow, and launched a tentacle strike at him

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 26, 2017, 06:45:35 am »

Reality

June picks up all she can from the room, and begins to wait for the others to finish.

"We should not linger for too long."

Game World

Yun, still irritated from the burns, uses psychokinesis to pick up the Legionnaires dropped sword, before using it to attack Bullucious Primus.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 31, 2017, 02:24:02 pm »

I'd like it if this game didn't die.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 31, 2017, 03:15:30 pm »

I would like that as well.

Bump.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 05, 2017, 07:18:48 pm »

Can we please?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]