Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: FEF: Chains of Horai Redux IC Thread: Chapter 1: The Maiden and The Demon Cat  (Read 1870 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

"So you are saying that opening the box is unlikely to be harmful to us, yes?" Amsel said, before pausing and seeming to calm down.

"...no, the ropes may be in some way integral to the safety of the contents of the box, and I do not believe that we could sufficiently retie them properly. Still... what a curiosity... perhaps we could... no, that would likely be just as bad."
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Lightbringer28

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Part-time gamer, full-time idiot
    • View Profile

Shinji turned to Lan.

"I wasn't gonna touch it. I know better than to go poking around these things."

"Anyway, as much as I'm curious to see what's inside, in the end, it's none of my business unless it gets damaged or stolen."

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile

"Kei will excuse Rin once given the food"

The Rat Misaki holds out her hand expectantly. And when Rin walked away for a moment... Kei followed right behind her, still holding her hand out.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 09:16:57 am by GodofGamingRWBY »
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile

"...no, the ropes may be in some way integral to the safety of the contents of the box, and I do not believe that we could sufficiently retie them properly. Still... what a curiosity... perhaps we could... no, that would likely be just as bad."

"I don't think it's a good idea to try to peek inside the box, no. There are some things that better left unrevealed, Sir Amsel."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

"You're telling me. I just got told this morning we had to load that box on."
"They told you and not me? Why?"
"They figured you'd want to touch it. Like you're doing now."
"Well, isn't it natural to be curious? You're always out there messing with poisonous plants."
"There's a difference! Poisonous plants have cures. Ancient curses or whatever's in that box...I'm not sure I can heal that."

Then Kei.
"Oh. I almost forgot! Here you go."
She places a pork bun in Kei's hands.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

It's hard to tell under the hood, but something about Madoka's posture seemed almost. . . disappointed. She instead turned her attention to the box, as she was also curious as to what could be inside.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lan looks up at the sun, rubbing her chin.
"Well. We should get going soon. After the town down here, the next village on the road is about a week out. We're stopping at..."
Lan whips out a scroll, reading it carefully.
"Makinami village. Hm. We'll make it in time for the festival, too."
"A festival?"
"Yeah, the harvest festival. Maybe we can stop by a bit there, resupply and stretch our legs."
"Heehee...I'd love that."
She turns to Amsel.
"Have you ever been to a Horaian festival, Mister Amsel?"

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

"Hm... no, I do not believe I have." Amsel replied, "I locked myself up in the apothecary so soon after arriving and have been studying ever since. I am interesting in seeing what it will be like."

"And how many times have I told you, you do not need to call me 'Mr. Amsel'. Just Amsel is fine, you are my sempai after all... really, all the apothecaries on the trip are."
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Okay, Mister Am-I mean, Amsel. Sorry!"
"Right. Well...."
Lan continues reading the scroll.
"Amsel...why do you have a giant box marked as part of the caravan inventory?"

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

"Oh, apologies, were you not told?" Amsel asked, ”It is the doll.”
« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 01:17:27 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

LyfeldLesk

• Bay Watcher
  • Wandering Mercenary
    • View Profile

The pole would help Roland on his return, still wearing the same blue robe typical of the Mizuno practitioners.

"I hope my tardiness has not caused any delays on your departure, practitioners. For now, it is the case that I have no further business here."

With a slight bow, Roland talked towards the towering mercenary. "The Ten Divines see it favourably that I accompany you for a short while."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lan blinks.
"...the doll."
She pinches her nose.
"There's space for the doll in the passenger wagon. They really shouldn't be taking up cargo space."

Then Roland walks up towards the group. Todoroki crosses his arms.
"Hold up. Why the sudden change in mood?"

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

"I... well... I thought it might be best I not introduce everyone to the doll so suddenly, given how some of the other students reacted when they saw it for the first time." Amsel replied, "Not to mention the box also contains spare parts."

LyfeldLesk

• Bay Watcher
  • Wandering Mercenary
    • View Profile

"..." His somber silence was signal of the fruitfulness of his task back in the pharmacy. "With the aforementioned offer to join in a temporal manner to try and impart what little I may know about fortune telling, they have considered that there may be something I can be of good, with my failure to show what kindness had the world for him before my questor was taken away by The Divine Giro."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"That said, it shouldn't be in the cargo compartment. Don't worry, it's already loaded. We'll sort it out at the next stop."

Todoroki blinks.
"What."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5