Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 114

Author Topic: Spacegineers... Spengineers... Space-Genners... SPACE ENGINEERS!  (Read 226515 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spacegineers... Spengineers... Space-Genners... SPACE ENGINEERS!
« Reply #165 on: April 22, 2014, 01:36:39 pm »

Connector does both o.O?
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #166 on: April 22, 2014, 06:44:30 pm »

Connector does both o.O?
Yea, you're right, it doesn't. Just spews.
It should.. but it should also be a docking kind of element, not a spewer, particularly seeing as the Larger version's top matches the small version's opening.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 22, 2014, 06:47:49 pm »

Right now they are supposed to simply spew items as a quick and dirty working veersion but they have much more in store for that system i heard. This was just to reach the week rlease schedule and give us a taste untill they flesh it out more. Also coming this week is most likely wheels with conveyor system completion. But that is just me speculating.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 25, 2014, 09:42:55 am »

Wheels are in now, so you can make your moon buggy, though I don't know how well it would work on a non-flat surface.
Also added are auto-turrets that will actually shoot incoming meteors!

http://forums.keenswh.com/post?id=6865865

Too bad my current realistic survival world is borked now. :/ Guess I'll have to start again!

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 25, 2014, 09:56:53 am »

Not really sure what to do in survival mode once I've cannibalised the crashed ship for parts needed to make a refinery, assembler and medical room.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 25, 2014, 10:01:42 am »

Connector does both o.O?
Yea, you're right, it doesn't. Just spews.
It should.. but it should also be a docking kind of element, not a spewer, particularly seeing as the Larger version's top matches the small version's opening.
Yeah, according to the update notes, this is temporary. They just tossed the unfinished feature in so we could see what they were working on.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 25, 2014, 10:09:13 am »

Not really sure what to do in survival mode once I've cannibalised the crashed ship for parts needed to make a refinery, assembler and medical room.

I find the crashed ship actually gives quite a bit of resources and let's you build up too quickly. I like the blank station start a little better. starts you off with the assembler, refinery and med room, but no other resources. Takes a long while to get the minerals you need to build a small mining craft and even longer to get the stuff you need for a full-sized ship.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 25, 2014, 02:19:30 pm »

On the wheels, check out the LastStandGamers.
If the update video he showed a car that worked well on ramps.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 25, 2014, 04:30:25 pm »

On the wheels, check out the LastStandGamers.
If the update video he showed a car that worked well on ramps.
He also built a fucking land raider, that also work well on ramps, and shoot stuff.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 25, 2014, 05:04:36 pm »

I saw.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 26, 2014, 03:40:33 pm »

There are many things I wish I could run, and this is one of them. Definitely looks interesting.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 28, 2014, 09:57:59 am »

I built a "weapon" that I call a massive torque arm, but I kind of lack a proper ship to test it against, as it chops the stock ones in half with ease. Is there some way for people to share created ships other than just sharing the saved games they were made in?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 28, 2014, 10:05:35 am »

I vaguely remember reading you could copy and paste a creation from one game to another, but I've never done it myself. This is using the in game copy+paste where you can make multiple copies of a ship by Ctrl+C (I think) and clicking where you want to place the copy.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 28, 2014, 10:51:27 am »

Yeah there's a way to paste in ships from another save file. Not sure if you have to do anything special to make it work, or just CTRL+C and join another game.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 28, 2014, 01:21:49 pm »

I built a "weapon" that I call a massive torque arm, but I kind of lack a proper ship to test it against, as it chops the stock ones in half with ease. Is there some way for people to share created ships other than just sharing the saved games they were made in?
...dare I ask what this is?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 114