Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 114

Author Topic: Spacegineers... Spengineers... Space-Genners... SPACE ENGINEERS!  (Read 226239 times)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
Re: Spacegineers... Spengineers... Space-Genners... SPACE ENGINEERS!
« Reply #1500 on: January 07, 2017, 02:32:59 pm »

W4stedspace did a video, wheels still seem buggy, but there have definitely been massive improvements in the rotors and pistons.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: January 07, 2017, 03:18:59 pm »

W4stedspace did a video, wheels still seem buggy, but there have definitely been massive improvements in the rotors and pistons.

I didn't see his most recent one, but I think the wheels falling off were a result of there being some pasting from blueprint bug.  Given he was wildly swinging the rotor legs of his mech around and nothing screwed up at all, I'd say that rotors are fully fixed, at the very least.  Pistons seemed good as well.

Single Player initial (25:00 for Mech rotor madness)
Cross-Atlantic Multiplayer test
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 03:29:51 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: January 07, 2017, 03:36:40 pm »

To be fair, I think the old version of the game should just be a branch accessible to everybody rather than something they charge extra for.

I am compelled about this claim that pistons and rotors are 'fixed'- just how fixed are they, this time?
Last time they claimed to fix them they got significantly worse, so I am skeptical.

Yeah that was totally fixed. They didn't want you to use them, so they made them worse :P

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: January 26, 2017, 08:06:43 pm »

*huge images inbound*
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1504 on: January 26, 2017, 10:19:49 pm »

Add a life-support hydroponics garden.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: January 30, 2017, 04:55:27 pm »

Rebuilt the cannon concept, it's a block less than half the length of the old design, and will fit quite well on the battleship's broadsides. Had to greatly increase the number of gravity generators within that space, in part due to the fact that the generators a located behind the shot(was in front), reducing the time the shot is in the gravity field, and in part due to an excess of gravity bleeding outside of the gun(also caused by the generators being pulled back) requiring me to play with reducing the field sizes for over an hour.

Also reduced the length of the shot by 3 blocks, including removing one of the three artificial masses(also part of why I needed more gravity generators). It's far less likely to leave any blastwall shrapnel inside the target now, but it's direct impact damage is at least as good as the old bullet.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: February 04, 2017, 06:12:54 am »

Double-posting because fuck Keen. They decided to reduce the range of ship welders to only handle directly in front of it. This means that, unless whatever is on a projector is completely flat(two blocks thick at most if a welder is on both sides), you cannot effectively create anything from a projector. That ship I've been working on for at least two months? Can't use it anymore. Can't print the bullets for the cannon, can't print the guided missiles.

The worst part is that it is not mentioned in the patch notes anywhere.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #1507 on: February 04, 2017, 08:04:15 am »

I thought that's how they always were?
Retracting pistons to get around that.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: February 04, 2017, 10:35:50 am »

Double-posting because fuck Keen. They decided to reduce the range of ship welders to only handle directly in front of it. This means that, unless whatever is on a projector is completely flat(two blocks thick at most if a welder is on both sides), you cannot effectively create anything from a projector. That ship I've been working on for at least two months? Can't use it anymore. Can't print the bullets for the cannon, can't print the guided missiles.

I could never use a ship welder on a projector effectively. I always ended up with unreachable blocks in the center, because it welds in whatever order doesn't leave floating blocks, and ignores blocks that are blocked by other blocks... ugh. At this point I don't think I'm ever going to use them again that way, except using mods, like that one that just autobuilds wherever.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: February 04, 2017, 10:37:31 am »

Use the Nanobots mod, then.  As a bonus, it'll also fix your ship.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: February 04, 2017, 10:42:13 am »

There is also the shipyards mod. Uses lasers.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1511 on: February 04, 2017, 03:10:27 pm »

I could never use a ship welder on a projector effectively. I always ended up with unreachable blocks in the center, because it welds in whatever order doesn't leave floating blocks, and ignores blocks that are blocked by other blocks... ugh. At this point I don't think I'm ever going to use them again that way, except using mods, like that one that just autobuilds wherever.

I kind of like the idea that you have to build the hull with big industrial rigs, then go in with smaller ships or technicians and furbish the ship. It'd be better if you could automatically pull resources from nearby containers, though.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: February 04, 2017, 04:49:25 pm »

Dident they fix pistons, so 3d-printers dont implode asmuch?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: February 04, 2017, 05:29:30 pm »

I thought that's how they always were?

They weren't. Large-grid(not sure about small-grid) welders welded at least two blocks in front - one problem I had to work around was collision between the welder and the closer block - as well as one block on either side of the welder tips.

I kind of like the idea that you have to build the hull with big industrial rigs, then go in with smaller ships or technicians and furbish the ship. It'd be better if you could automatically pull resources from nearby containers, though.
Doesn't really help for missiles and such. It also took me days to get a missile design that could be printed and not crash into the welders and not be on a separate grid(as the ship in question will have a projector of itself for repairs).

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: February 04, 2017, 07:03:20 pm »

Repair bays became rather useless with this change, unless your ship is flat and two blocks high.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 114