Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3539966 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #4560 on: June 28, 2011, 07:12:28 pm »

Apparently running a simple division problem through Google calculator because I was too lazy to open the calculator program on this computer has caused Firefox to crash and never start again. What.

EDIT: Upgrading to v5 worked, but now I'm without Facebook Blocker. At least Firefox remembered the post I was typing, so I can continue to demonstrate that damage in D&D is not directly proportional to the kinetic energy of a weapon. Probably.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 07:16:21 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4561 on: June 28, 2011, 08:30:02 pm »

Internet's been derping all day. If I'm lucky, I'll get 10 minutes of connection.
Mine's been doing that for months now, been driving me nuts.  And another friend's place house has had that issue too.  Maybe it's a virus, maybe our internet provider has decided to stop caring.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: June 28, 2011, 08:33:12 pm »

Was happening to me.
I upgraded my router and have no issues anymore.
Of course, I'm in a place with a shitty router right now, so the internet is even worse than before.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: June 28, 2011, 08:44:34 pm »

Got roped into WoW to play the firelands update.  Addons don't work, expected but annoying. 
Guild leader tells us to do heroics with him, we do not, guild leader gets pissed off for not performing our obligation bla bla.
Doing Thrall quests, get ganked and killed every 3 minutes, which resets killcounts that take a long time to build up each time that are necessary for the quests.  There are 4 quests that are like that.  Spend 3 hours on the last quest alone because it takes 10 minutes to build up the needed killcount and there is members of the opposite faction EVERYWHERE and because once the quest is finished the monsters all disappear for them and they kill players of the opposite faction at their leisure and basically for free, because while they don't have monsters attacking them, the people doing the quests do.  Yet they are still able to interact with each-other.

Finally finish that bullshit, and start following the friend to start doing the other new content quests, these ones less populated.  But what's this?  I'm out of phase with the zone?  But I did all the quests necessary ages ago!  I remember most of them in detail, and the friend remembers me doing them with him at one point!

Spend another hour searching Hyjal for a quest giver and finally find one...way back near the beginning.  It seems my quest data somehow got bugged for this zone and I need to do all the quests in the area over again.   I actually get a quick response from a GM about the issue and they will not set my quest data back the way it was.  Que me Rageing over ventrilo at blizzard and folks who have nothing better to do than perform one sided ganks for a bit before logging.

I don't know why I still play that damn game.  It's done nothing but make me angry for the last month.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: June 28, 2011, 08:56:34 pm »

Decided to play some E:TW and continue with my dutch empire, spanning across much of europe. Well, second battle in, CTD. Now I remember why I stopped playing it... it's worse than Elemental: War of Magic. >:(

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: June 29, 2011, 03:20:47 am »

Dungeon Crawl. Nuff' said.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4566 on: June 29, 2011, 04:40:44 am »

Y U SO HARD, HTML, JAVASCRIPT AND CSS?
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: June 29, 2011, 05:05:06 am »

I gave up trying when I realized that everything I learned in my high school Web Design class was depreciated and outdated even as I was learning it. And the teacher was a complete bitch.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #4568 on: June 29, 2011, 05:11:21 am »

Why the fuck is the weather this "good" (TOO HOT) on my fucking birthday? >:(

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: June 29, 2011, 06:51:24 am »

So last year, I purchased M2TW gold, and RTW BA.

First problem I found, about two days after I purchased them, was that I merely had the Medieval 2 total war vanilla discs. No expansion.

Fine. Went back and got the right disks.

Now, funnily enough, the store was about to close down.

The day after, I tried to install M2TW. Now, assuming it was like RTW, I didn't care that the cd key wasn't there.

Mistake two.

The store had, by this time, closed down.

I found a way to get past the cd key (0000-0000-0000-0000-0000). Plain sailing from then.

Today I decided to install barbarian invasion. Opened up the case.

A copy of Rome Total War...vanilla.

BLARGGHHHHHH
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: June 29, 2011, 07:14:55 am »

I'm sick of eating garbage that has artificial "sugar" in it (Splenda and/or other "healthy" bullshit). It tastes like piss.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4571 on: June 29, 2011, 08:49:10 am »

Planning to be casually spontaneous is really difficult.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: June 29, 2011, 03:30:56 pm »

Do you have any specific problems? I could help.

I gave up trying when I realized that everything I learned in my high school Web Design class was depreciated and outdated even as I was learning it. And the teacher was a complete bitch.

I do not know how web design was back when you went to highschool, but you should not have that problem now. Learn HTML 4.01 and CSS2, and you will be as updated as you will need.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: June 29, 2011, 03:39:15 pm »

I think the fact he could study web design in high school at all should tell it's not been that long.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4574 on: June 29, 2011, 03:43:47 pm »

I was merely presuming that he may have taken a web-design course in a period of particularly rapid web-technology growth. I do not know if such a rapid growth ever happened, but that is the only way his remark makes sense. I learned without my knowledge becoming unusably obsolete underneath me, so I could only suppose that he learned under different circumstances.
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 3345