Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 236

Author Topic: Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension  (Read 524310 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension
« Reply #750 on: June 25, 2014, 08:58:08 pm »

Bunch of stuff is bug out like slow to recruit does not work at all so beware about updating.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: June 25, 2014, 09:42:41 pm »

And now to create a nation of size-6 fliers for maximum justice.

Illwinter is at least half a step ahead of you. Ragha has size 5 sacred secondshape (IOW, jag-esque; they regain their riders if the riderless mount survives the battle) gryphons with heavy armor and 3 strong attacks beyond their oneshot lance. That's in addition to the sacred iceclad Caelians with ice lances and normal Caelians with ice lances.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: June 25, 2014, 10:32:48 pm »

I... huh. Ragha's temples are 800 gold.

... and generate fire gems. That is a helluva thing.

Do find the temperature locked recruitment kinda' annoying, though. I want my ice-critters to be sexy, but still be able to recruit those ridiculous gryphons ;_;

E: Also just noticed their main line PD commander... is their scout. I think someone screwed up, there :P
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 10:34:58 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: June 26, 2014, 02:14:58 am »

Ragha seems really good at making rain flamming arrows on their enemies. I like that. :)

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: June 26, 2014, 03:42:06 am »

They're an amazingly interesting nation. Diversity out the ass! Four different gems, two different "races" (I abhor that word, damn it) with full complements of commanders and units, special temple mechanic, LOOK AT THOSE HATS ON THE SORCERERS . . .
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: June 26, 2014, 04:02:59 am »

E: Also just noticed their main line PD commander... is their scout. I think someone screwed up, there :P

It's fixed along with the StR bug in 4.07b.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: June 26, 2014, 09:41:49 am »

And of course I can't get the patch from Gamersgate to drool over Ragha. Goddamn it, they sound amazingly exciting.

Illwinter is at least half a step ahead of you. Ragha has size 5 sacred secondshape (IOW, jag-esque; they regain their riders if the riderless mount survives the battle) gryphons with heavy armor and 3 strong attacks beyond their oneshot lance. That's in addition to the sacred iceclad Caelians with ice lances and normal Caelians with ice lances.

Goddamn, I wish I could see them. Also, I just remembered that an amazon tribe has gryphon riders with lances too. Which probably doesn't make them that much better to use, considering that they're size 5 and cost 110 gold, but eh.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: June 26, 2014, 11:58:54 am »

4.07's up on gamersgate, mate. 4.07b isn't, if that's already out, but 4.07 is. Raggy's pretty neat.

Alternately, if you've got steam, the GG activation code will kick it on for steam. They might already have the latest version.
Ask not!
Ask!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: June 26, 2014, 12:31:13 pm »

4.07's up on gamersgate, mate. 4.07b isn't, if that's already out, but 4.07 is. Raggy's pretty neat.

Alternately, if you've got steam, the GG activation code will kick it on for steam. They might already have the latest version.

I know that gamersgate has the patch, but it won't download for me for some reason. But I didn't know about the Steam thing, so... might as well give that a try. Hopefully they do have the patch so I can drool over Ragha.

EDIT: And of course I give it one last try and now it works perfectly. Yay.

EDIT2: RAGHA IS THE BESTEST. BADASS ABYSIAN INFANTRY AND KICKASS CAELUM ARCHERS. AND WIND GUIDE AND FLAMING ARROWS. I think I'm in love~

The temperature mechanics are probably going to annoy the heck out of me though, and their mages are kinda... eh. Still, Ragha is definitely awesome.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 12:46:08 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: June 26, 2014, 12:44:15 pm »

Steam does appear to have it (since it downloaded the previous patch yesterday, and just downloaded a new one when I started it today).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: June 26, 2014, 01:06:17 pm »

their mages are kinda... eh. Still, Ragha is definitely awesome.
You mean the totally awesome bane fire -flinging monsters?
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: June 26, 2014, 01:10:45 pm »

You mean the totally awesome bane fire -flinging monsters?

Yeah, I pretty much retract my previous statement about their mages. They are definitely amazing. The Zaotar are great regardless of which random they get. The Dastur could be better, but I suppose they're partly your blood hunters anyways. The StR guys are definitely amazing all around. The only problems they have are that they're expensive to recruit. To me the Caelum mages seem better all around, but that's probably a preference thing. CAW CAW

Antur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: June 26, 2014, 01:12:10 pm »

Ragha is pure awesome, wish they had some national spells for temperature control but that would probably be bit too good.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: June 26, 2014, 01:14:27 pm »

M'major problem with 'em is basically every bloody caster of worth is old. S'kinda' annoying, and means probably having to at-least side invest in blood (more micro ;_;) for age reduction/maintenance junk. Fairly cheap disease healing summons do help a bit, but... bleh.
Ask not!
Ask!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: June 26, 2014, 01:15:12 pm »

Ragha is pure awesome, wish they had some national spells for temperature control but that would probably be bit too good.

Wolven Winter and Breath of the Desert are your friends. Both of which are castable by their mages, though you'll need a water booster for Wolven Winter.

Also, tHEY GET SPIRITS TO GUARD THEIR PRIESTS IN BATTLE?!?!? HOW AWESOME IS THAT?

EDIT: Or maybe just their prophet. Still pretty cool though.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 01:16:58 pm by USEC_OFFICER »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 236