Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34

Author Topic: Arms Race: 1780 - British Loyalists - 1782 Production Phase  (Read 34937 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: 1780 - British Loyalists - 1782 Production Phase
« Reply #465 on: December 10, 2015, 05:38:42 am »

Ok, no reply from Zanz,  so I'm going to say that using a production action on either rifle will increase the rate of decomplexity. Now which one is our you wanted to produce?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 10, 2015, 06:27:30 am »

Ok, no reply from Zanz,  so I'm going to say that using a production action on either rifle will increase the rate of decomplexity. Now which one is our you wanted to produce?

Original since that makes it also very expensive
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 10, 2015, 11:18:02 am »

+1
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 10, 2015, 11:27:40 am »

+1
+1.
We could produce more of the revision but more of those is a liability  not an advantage.  Better to have less of a better rifle.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 10, 2015, 12:41:31 pm »

Ok then, Production set to Imperial Rifle Mk.1 Mod A. It will be only Very Expensive for the next turn.

Begin Focus Phase

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 10, 2015, 01:24:02 pm »

Focus 1: Land forces on the peninsula to direct East of Worchester, between New Dunwich and Montgomery.

Focus 2: Defeat the naval forces of the Confederacy. Afterwards, execute shore bombardements in support of the invasion.

Edit: On a side note, what are we going to design next turn? I think we can probably afford to leave naval resources alone for one more turn. We have 2 designs, a superior naval cannon, and we control most of the sea. Besides, we get one turn warning as they build their shipyard for whatever ship they come up with.

The landing will probably determine what we need to invest in, but I hope we can go for one more resource point and there's the trading as well.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 02:11:02 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 10, 2015, 04:18:06 pm »

Probably will wont to try taking another crack at the rifle again, possibly fix up the pucklegun knockoff if we nab it, may need to react to some new naval threat... We may also want to work on a sidearm, revising our uniforms to be less red (hey, wonder what the greencoats are doing right now...)... The list goes on.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 10, 2015, 05:38:39 pm »

Focus 1: Land forces on the peninsula to direct East of Worchester, between New Dunwich and Montgomery.

Focus 2: Defeat the naval forces of the Confederacy. Afterwards, execute shore bombardements in support of the invasion.

Edit: On a side note, what are we going to design next turn? I think we can probably afford to leave naval resources alone for one more turn. We have 2 designs, a superior naval cannon, and we control most of the sea. Besides, we get one turn warning as they build their shipyard for whatever ship they come up with.

The landing will probably determine what we need to invest in, but I hope we can go for one more resource point and there's the trading as well.

+1
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 10, 2015, 06:35:20 pm »

+1 to the landing destroying navy.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #474 on: December 10, 2015, 06:37:34 pm »

I accept everything as long as it involves destroying even more ships with broadsides.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 10, 2015, 07:44:38 pm »

+1 to the proposed focuses. However,  we probably should destroy the navy first,  so we can dedicate our full fleet to the landing. It should also be stressed that ships should assist our expeditionary force with shore bombardment until we lqnd enough cannons.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 10, 2015, 07:54:20 pm »

+1 to the proposed focuses. However,  we probably should destroy the navy first,  so we can dedicate our full fleet to the landing. It should also be stressed that ships should assist our expeditionary force with shore bombardment until we lqnd enough cannons.

Good idea

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 11, 2015, 12:08:26 am »

+1 for these ideas.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 12, 2015, 09:10:09 am »

Military Focuses locked in:

Focus 1: Beach assault against Confederate forces. Target: Peninsular cross-channel from Worchester.

Focus 2: Seek and Destroy the naval forces of the Confederacy.

Begin Future Planning Phase

For your information, the Atterton Monarchy is in the Espionage Phase and the Dunwich Meritocracy is also in the Future Planning phase.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 09:13:44 am by Kashyyk »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 12, 2015, 09:15:57 am »

Well, assuming nothing goes wrong with the landing and the guns work at least somewhat reasonably, what we should focus on next turn is steam tech. If we can, we can just import a watt engine from Britian, but if not, I would present my idea from last time. Revision is obviously to fix the breach on the original rifle so it is pretty reliable.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34