Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 971443 times)

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.33.0 | DF 42.02
« Reply #2325 on: December 21, 2015, 03:17:07 pm »

First of all, thank you for the work you do.

With the addition of performance skills and scholars would it be at all possible to add a couple new panes that contain performance skill and scholar skill information? Like the current social and military skill panes (sorry if that isn't what it is called, I'm talking about the grid).

Right now, unless I'm missing something, you need to scroll over each dwarf to see if they have scholar or performance skills. It would be nice if you could view this information. I suggest not lumping it with social or any category like that since these skills are specific to the zone occupations.
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2326 on: December 21, 2015, 07:19:47 pm »

With the addition of performance skills and scholars would it be at all possible to add a couple new panes that contain performance skill and scholar skill information? Like the current social and military skill panes (sorry if that isn't what it is called, I'm talking about the grid).

Right now, unless I'm missing something, you need to scroll over each dwarf to see if they have scholar or performance skills. It would be nice if you could view this information. I suggest not lumping it with social or any category like that since these skills are specific to the zone occupations.
I will be replacing the obsolete built-in 'Social' view with a 'Skills' view at some point.

For now, you can create this view yourself, the skill columns should be available to add to a new gridview.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 08:49:54 am by splinterz »

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: December 22, 2015, 05:08:45 am »

I will be replacing the obsolete default 'Social' view with a 'Skills' view at some point. For now, you can create this view yourself, the skill columns should be available to add to a new gridview.

Oh I didn't even think to do that. Thank you!
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

KillzEmAllGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Searching for the other sock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: December 23, 2015, 04:08:13 am »

How does one get this working for linux?
My computer got melted like my fort did by a dragon the other day, laptop runs better with linux then did with windows.

jcd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: December 23, 2015, 05:37:16 am »

How does one get this working for linux?
My computer got melted like my fort did by a dragon the other day, laptop runs better with linux then did with windows.

first check if DT is in your distro's servers. It is in the AUR for example.

If not, you got to build it yourself.

First, you need to download the source from git (make sure its the DF2016 branch)

Then all you need is to compile. Read the BUILDING.rst file.

If it still is not compiling, it may be that you lack some dependencies. For me it was the texlive-latexextra package for Arch.

Then i looked at the AUR package that has the following dependencies:
    hicolor-icon-theme
    qt5-declarative (qt5-declarative-git)
    git (git-git) (make)
    texlive-latexextra (texlive-dummy) (make)

(plus for ARCH it is also assumed you got the base-devel group)

and i was able to compile following the instructions.

After compiling you can install it with
Code: [Select]
(sudo) make install as per BUILDING.rst and run as usual
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 06:34:31 am by jcd »

KillzEmAllGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: December 23, 2015, 06:51:12 am »

Just stuck at the qmake part I'll have more of a look into how to do it when I wake up.
On ubuntu, might change to something thats a bit lighter.

Looks like I got it working, thanks for sending me in the right direction.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 01:19:35 am by KillzEmAllGod »

k33n

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: December 24, 2015, 12:45:17 pm »

I had no idea it was so terrible to get therapist running on linux, I had the same question. Well, guess it is adventure mode only for this guy.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2332 on: December 24, 2015, 04:19:08 pm »

Hey Splinterz,

Long time, no see. ;)

Your title on DFFD says Dwarf Therapist - v.33.0 WINDOWS (DF 42.01) , title of the thread says for 42.02, and newest DF release is 42.03. Which one is it? (Edit: downloaded, tested, it is 42.02. Edit2: Found the memory layout for 42.03, works. :) Internet is super slow here, sorry that I did not check the thread sooner.)

And do you by any chance still have the source of the VisualBasic UI for Masterwork DF? I had a copy on my harddrive, but I've been robbed, its among the things gone.

I did notice something else though. I have a rather high resolution on my laptop and therapist looks a bit weird. The columns are too small and close together to make them comfortable to read. See for yourself, it is with 3840x2160 pixels:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 04:53:05 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

KillzEmAllGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: December 25, 2015, 10:03:47 pm »

I had no idea it was so terrible to get therapist running on linux, I had the same question. Well, guess it is adventure mode only for this guy.
Its is pretty hard if you don't know linux at all, Though it does have its benefits. Linux one is pretty much updated with the lastest features because of compiling it.
I only really got stuck with the PREFIX because I didn't know what I had to do with that, this helped a lot.

When might there be group by membership status?
Citizen, Merc, bard etc.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2334 on: December 26, 2015, 06:02:04 am »

Hey Splinterz,

Long time, no see. ;)

Your title on DFFD says Dwarf Therapist - v.33.0 WINDOWS (DF 42.01) , title of the thread says for 42.02, and newest DF release is 42.03. Which one is it? (Edit: downloaded, tested, it is 42.02. Edit2: Found the memory layout for 42.03, works. :) Internet is super slow here, sorry that I did not check the thread sooner.)

And do you by any chance still have the source of the VisualBasic UI for Masterwork DF? I had a copy on my harddrive, but I've been robbed, its among the things gone.

I did notice something else though. I have a rather high resolution on my laptop and therapist looks a bit weird. The columns are too small and close together to make them comfortable to read. See for yourself, it is with 3840x2160 pixels:

The last changes to the GUI are here: https://github.com/splintermind/masterwork-dwarf-fortress/tree/DF2014 those were the changes to add the individual civ tabs and compact twbt settings.

Try changing the grid cell sizes in the options.

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: December 26, 2015, 06:10:57 pm »

Gah! I didn't get the update email for new posts and completely missed that .03 was up! :-\

Now to wait for the .04 version! 8)

Torrenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: December 26, 2015, 06:42:20 pm »

Not an uncommon problem for applications facing high-res displays.
Windows 7+ have a scaling option you can toggle on on lower-rez systems to generate the same kind of behavior for all displays.  On windows 7 you find it in the Display control panel and it has a DPI name. not sure what it's called on other versions but I gather its got a different name and location.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: December 27, 2015, 01:41:14 pm »

Here is an automatically-generated (and currently untested) layout for 0.42.04 OS X: https://github.com/lethosor/Dwarf-Therapist/blob/patch-5/share/memory_layouts/osx/v0.42.04_osx.ini

(There don't seem to have been any unit/labor/etc. changes, but it's always a good idea to make backups before trying DT/DFHack with a new version!)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Deboche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: December 27, 2015, 02:19:10 pm »

Is there a way to do that for Windows? I tried just changing the filename and got nothing.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: December 27, 2015, 02:23:04 pm »

No! The offsets on different platforms are completely different! Using one for the wrong platform could easily cause crashes or nasty corruption issues. (Edit: DT probably ignored it because the checksums don't match, which is good, but ideally it would warn you about that.)

You could try therapist.ini in the windows folder from https://github.com/dfhack/df-structures, although I don't know if that's what splinterz uses or if he generates layouts in a different way. Edit: Never mind, that's not complete.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 02:51:40 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 222