Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 237

Author Topic: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)  (Read 388006 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)
« Reply #750 on: January 28, 2014, 10:03:52 pm »

You are a refugee wandering through a wartorn country. Your entire home is in your backpack. Try not to get shot by rebel forces.
Think comically huge backpack. A bit too serious.

You are an elf. You are small and weak, and lack anything resembling combat abilities, but you DO have a big ol' backpack. Thieve anything and everything you can get at, which often involves using the items you've already looted in interesting or unintended ways. You could go really zany Bottomless Backpack with it and have players stuffing pieces of furniture in there, or you could have a size/weight limit and make the players make choices about item utility + value vs space.
Fixed.
Bottomless backpack for sure. The world would prolly only have hoomans. It'd be very not serious but at the same time serious, like Metal Slug. Rather.. Comical characters. Serious setting. I think that's how I'd put it.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: January 28, 2014, 10:12:49 pm »

Like Warhammer, or Paranoia.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #752 on: January 28, 2014, 10:16:51 pm »

IDK about Warhammer because I've only read 40k and that is bleak as all hell and then some, but Paranoia hits the nail right on the head.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: January 28, 2014, 10:19:46 pm »

Query: How would people feel about a sideways-view mining game? Preferably as some kind of suggestion game, and set in the 1800s or a steampunk-type universe.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: January 28, 2014, 10:22:05 pm »

IDK about Warhammer because I've only read 40k and that is bleak as all hell and then some, but Paranoia hits the nail right on the head.
It has Space Communists, the Nunnic Inquisition, and Sci-Fi Cockney Orcs. It's not bleak from my point of view :P.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #755 on: January 28, 2014, 10:28:30 pm »

It has Space Communists, the Nunnic Inquisition, and Sci-Fi Cockney Orcs. It's not bleak from my point of view :P.
I read too much evil spess mehreens.

Query: How would people feel about a sideways-view mining game? Preferably as some kind of suggestion game, and set in the 1800s or a steampunk-type universe.
Wait, you mean an ISG? Even if it isn't I'd be super down for that.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #756 on: January 28, 2014, 10:29:42 pm »

DP

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: January 29, 2014, 09:08:38 am »

Wait, you mean an ISG? Even if it isn't I'd be super down for that.

Yeah, definitely as an ISG. With an emphasis on the suggestion game part, since I'm a shitty artist.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: January 29, 2014, 11:21:31 am »

So the bunch of SG the have you play as the villain kind of bums me out so I want to do one as well. But it's different.

Basically you wakeup knowing that you were a great hero but almost everyone suddenly hates you and the people you used to fight are all friendly with you and you have to find out why.

Now, I have two ideas for early plot twists. One, one of your party members are the ones that made this happen.
And two, you have been good all along but one of your actions accidently caused something bad to happen.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: January 29, 2014, 04:40:41 pm »

Right, suggestion game idea I had. I have a nice title, at least: Accumulation of Entropy.

You are an occupant in a virtual reality designed to be as appealing as possible and to trap people inside by wiping their memories and making them think that this is reality. Essentially the Matrix. However, in the outside world, the machines running the world are falling apart. This means the simulation is breaking apart at the seams and becoming unstable. Due to the errors, you have been given the ability to manipulate reality on a small level: essentially, you've learned some of the simulation's debug functions. As time goes on, you learn more and more, and must try to avoid being annihilated by the corrupting viruses and the computer system itself. Perhaps you can escape the simulation and get into the outside world, but who knows what's waiting for you out there?

For specifics, I was thinking this should be rather creatively minded, based off official and unofficial MSPA games like Problem Sleuth, A Beginner's Guide To The End Of The Universe, and Homestuck. I have a set of rules for reality, and I'm going to get a start on the debug functions themselves soon. However, it should probably not be focused on comedy like PS. A mix of surreal horror and odd comedy should be the best result.

The part I'm iffy on is the setting. I was thinking Suburbian America in the 50s, but I think medieval Arcadia or similar would work. What would be the ideal location for a creepy attempt at electronic paradise?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: January 29, 2014, 04:51:00 pm »

The '80s?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: January 29, 2014, 04:51:19 pm »

The 80s where, though? In a city or the suburbs?

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: January 30, 2014, 12:04:00 am »

Say, random question.  Is there an IRC set up for Bay12?

Actually have an agenda for that question, but nothing's really set for said agenda (yet.)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: January 30, 2014, 02:02:14 am »

Say, random question.  Is there an IRC set up for Bay12?

Actually have an agenda for that question, but nothing's really set for said agenda (yet.)

#bay12lb on darkmyst

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: January 30, 2014, 02:21:08 am »

The 80s where, though? In a city or the suburbs?
Well, you can mess with your players for a while while you decide. A simulation, within a simulation, within a simulation.

Sure, not that original, but it works.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 237