Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 237

Author Topic: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)  (Read 390190 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)
« Reply #735 on: January 28, 2014, 07:27:20 pm »

A mercantile based game where you must build up your medieval merchant empire from the ground up?
Could be. Not precisely what I'm looking for though.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: January 28, 2014, 07:41:23 pm »

You are a refugee wandering through a wartorn country. Your entire home is in your backpack. Try not to get shot by rebel forces.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #737 on: January 28, 2014, 07:46:01 pm »

You are a refugee wandering through a wartorn country. Your entire home is in your backpack. Try not to get shot by rebel forces.
Think comically huge backpack. A bit too serious.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: January 28, 2014, 07:49:33 pm »

You're a wandering adventurer/merchant who has one of the highest carrying capacities in the world. You take advantage of that by killing gobbo fortresses with the things people trade with you for and taking all the stuff in it.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: January 28, 2014, 07:49:42 pm »

You are a traveling backpack salesman. Venture forth into remote corners of the world in search of people without carrying space you can gouge.

"Hm, isn't that sad? You have all that gold you found and nowhere to put it? Well, as I see it there are two options here. You can give half to me in exchange for a nice large bag, or you can leave and let it all be stolen before you get back."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: January 28, 2014, 07:50:12 pm »

Good, actually, cos thinking about it, I rather like that idea and I needed to come up with a suggestion game idea.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: January 28, 2014, 07:50:56 pm »

I want to make a game about a person who has a giant backpack.

Spoiler: Like This (click to show/hide)

If someone can give me an idea for a story I'll make it.

You are on a journey to see the world! No wait, not just one world, to see all of the worlds! and you are going to keep souvenirs from everywhere you go, plenty of space in your backpack after all. This what you're gonna do, and nothing is going to stop you. But no matter what, you are going to have fun, because this is going to be the best vacation ever!

TLDR: Multiworld Madness but as a suggestion game starring a Twoflower esque relentlessly cheerful tourist.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #742 on: January 28, 2014, 07:52:30 pm »

You're a wandering adventurer/merchant who has one of the highest carrying capacities in the world. You take advantage of that by killing gobbo fortresses with the things people trade with you for and taking all the stuff in it.
Possibly.

You are a traveling backpack salesman. Venture forth into remote corners of the world in search of people without carrying space you can gouge.

"Hm, isn't that sad? You have all that gold you found and nowhere to put it? Well, as I see it there are two options here. You can give half to me in exchange for a nice large bag, or you can leave and let it all be stolen before you get back."
Too evil. The man with the comically huge backpack shall be benevolent and adorable.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: January 28, 2014, 07:57:02 pm »

Question. When making a multichoice backstory in a suggestion game, like LCS, which is better: specific answers you make up or just letting the players come up with their own stuff? I would prefer the latter, but one player tends to dominate the whole thing.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: January 28, 2014, 07:58:53 pm »

Question. When making a multichoice backstory in a suggestion game, like LCS, which is better: specific answers you make up or just letting the players come up with their own stuff? I would prefer the latter, but one player tends to dominate the whole thing.
The latter. If only one player has any good ideas, well that's democracy. Constraining the game to specific choices is damaging to its natural creative progression.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #745 on: January 28, 2014, 08:11:35 pm »

..one player tends to dominate the whole thing.
That's one of the fatal flaws of suggestion games I feel. Plus its hard for me to get involved when its been going for a long time (lots of reeeaaadiinngg to catch up), unlike RTDs or other kinds of forum games. Dunno if anyone else feels the same way I do.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: January 28, 2014, 08:13:26 pm »

..one player tends to dominate the whole thing.
That's one of the fatal flaws of suggestion games I feel. Plus its hard for me to get involved when its been going for a long time (lots of reeeaaadiinngg to catch up), unlike RTDs or other kinds of forum games. Dunno if anyone else feels the same way I do.
It depends. If you can figure out what has happened recently in like, the last five pages it's fine but otherwise it's a bit much.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: January 28, 2014, 09:09:57 pm »

Depends on the game. It has to show enough promise for the read. I read the whole of You Are a New God and Space Voyage, but those are particularly engaging.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: January 28, 2014, 09:34:10 pm »

You are a kobold. You are small and weak, and lack anything resembling combat abilities, but you DO have a big ol' backpack. Thieve anything and everything you can get at, which often involves using the items you've already looted in interesting or unintended ways. You could go really zany Bottomless Backpack with it and have players stuffing pieces of furniture in there, or you could have a size/weight limit and make the players make choices about item utility + value vs space.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: January 28, 2014, 09:35:55 pm »

You are an elf. You are small and weak, and lack anything resembling combat abilities, but you DO have a big ol' backpack. Thieve anything and everything you can get at, which often involves using the items you've already looted in interesting or unintended ways. You could go really zany Bottomless Backpack with it and have players stuffing pieces of furniture in there, or you could have a size/weight limit and make the players make choices about item utility + value vs space.
Fixed.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 237