Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 61

Author Topic: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...  (Read 83834 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...
« Reply #765 on: March 18, 2013, 06:54:46 pm »

Vanida was happy to see that beautiful fascinating creatures, favorite children of the creator are back again. And yet she was worried as two underwater kingdoms were on the verge of an  open warfare. She couldn't allow another senseless war between mortals

First she sent a mental "My husband, please, follow me to my children who should join to our kingdom"

She entered the council of the seaspawn king, right in the middle of their preparation to yet another war with squidlles

" Greetings, my grandchildren. I am Vanida, Goddess of Life, mother of the first of you She bowed to the council, something that few divines would ever do I was a bad mother. I abandoned you. I was caring about my own problems. Now, I ask for your forgiveness and promise that I'll not forget about you as i did before Vanida paused and added But you shall receive my blessings only if you stop that unneeded hostility with your relatives, beings that own depths of the ocean rightfully. You, nobles of the seaspawn will receive my protection only if you swear fealty to my husband and my king, Volondor. And now my husband should speak for himself
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 18, 2013, 07:07:10 pm »

Kar'lan heard the propoganda that Udil-Volondir was trying to send out.  "Filthy bastard's trying to ruin my name," he muttered.  He turned to the assembled dieties and said, "I would have prefered to discuss this matter of soul-eaters further, but it appears that Udil is trying a tactic of slander against my name, saying that I am stealing the souls of worshipers of other dieties.  I can assure you this is false, because I immediately send the souls to their diety, if that diety is still living.  You should see the clouds of souls around all of you.  You may want to judge them.  You can choose to make your own afterlife for them, or use the one I have created, but I have to go."

Kar'lan uses a minor act in order to spread knowledge of the 'four standards of judgement' that he uses to judge souls, as well as to spread knowledge of the afterlife that he has created.

Kar'lan also creates 'the messengers,' a race of etheral beings that worship the Guardians, and have the ability to ease the pain of the dying, if they so choose.  Their appearance is variable depending upon their whims, but they prefer to have the appearance of elders of intelligent races.  The messengers are always respectful to all races, and due to being etheral, cannot be harmed by standard weaponry.  They are able to summon weapons from the judgement hall arsenal, but only do so if they are in combat against undead and soul-devouring creatures.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 18, 2013, 07:16:16 pm »

He followed her and listened as she spoke to the court. He saw the wisdom of her acts and did not hesitate to bolster her by giving all assurances of his own.

" Those words are wise and bring nothing but prosperity. I, as the divine craftsman, build peace on this world and create better life for all mortals. Put your trust in me, spare your souls from the hell awaiting you beyond and I will provide for you, giving you safety and prosperity of the sores and she shelf of Desolate, while squiddles can live under Our aegis in the depths. The seas shall be split evenly and all shall benefit form its boons with our blessings. Peace in exchange ofr knowledge, worship in exchange for prosperity and safety and security against all those that try to claim your minds and souls with no love or care for you."

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 18, 2013, 07:23:10 pm »

Aldemas had found it. The origin of all life in this Universe, and birthplace of the Shades. He had finally arrived home. But his Shades... All dead... Unable to follow his final orders most likely. Although he was no longer a God of Darkness it seemed; as his very body was illuminating the very Land itself, giving it life, and nurturing it.
He called to the Souls of His Shades, and decided to remake them. They would no longer be like the Golems of the dwarves. They would be truly sentient this time, and would possess an Aura which heals all in it's path. He would erase the aggressiveness which they used to possess, and replaced it with docility. They were no longer the Living Shades, they were now the Benevolent Luminescents. Capable of repairing the damage done in times past. They would also no longer have to be sliced in two to breed, and would be capable of either combining, or separating of their own volition; each copy with an individual soul and mind. After their creation he placed them unto the ShadeLands to repair the damage his corpse had caused; albeit gradually.
---
As Aldemas watches the planet he sees the Presences of Vanida, and Udil. Although Udil seems changed, his strength that of the Gods, and his very aura seemed changed. This must have been one of the many changes which occurred after his death. He decided to open up a conversation with both.
"Evening Udil... It seems you have grown much, much stronger since our last unfortunate encounter. Still everpowerful i hope?
Even you Vanida, seem more perky. Is it because the Snake Az-Sho has fallen? If not, I would like to hear much more of the stories which must have occurred for whence I have died."

Aldemas recreates the Shades as the Benevolent Luminescents, and places them on the fourth continent, to gradually heal it from the Black Sands.(2 acts)
He also opens up Conversation to two familiar deities.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 07:36:20 am by javierpwn »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 18, 2013, 07:30:51 pm »

Kar'lan once again heard the words of Udil-Volondir, rage building.  He disapated the anger and faded to Udil's location.  "So says the entity who waited until after I showed up and then some before deciding to create his afterlife.  So says the entity who has neglected the souls of his worshipers whom I immediately sent to him for him to create an afterlife for, along with judging them.  You seriously haven't seen the souls waiting around you for years before you created your afterlife out of jumping to a conclusion, not because the souls of your worshipers were around you, Udil-Volondir?  Same goes for you, Vanida.  What have you to say?"

He turns to Aldemas and said, "If it wasn't for the fact that souls instantly go to their dieties if those dieties returned from the dead, I would have you know I would be extremely annoyed.  I have been trying to protect the souls of the dead, especially with the new soul-eaters that have arrived in the deadlands."
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 18, 2013, 07:33:41 pm »

Deep in the waters of the world, the Catalyst multiplied and grew.  Still it was not fast enough and the urge to grow larger was powerful indeed.  A natural desire of the Catalyst slowly swelled up; undeniable in its strength.

Catalysts spread out through the ocean infecting everything under the water.  Some Catalysts stay within the hive to protect it though.

Infected beings become Evolved versions of themselves (Infected Seaspawn becomes Evolved Seaspawn, infected Human becomes Evolved Human, etc)

Evolved - Two species living in a sybiotic/parasitic relationship.  The original species and the Catalyst living within it.  They can be separated by divine intervention but not easily.  They can also be separated if the Catalyst chooses to leave the host.  Upon separation, the Evolved loses all Catalyst related traits with the exception of any mutations it received.

Evolved gain advanced healing, immunity to disease, they do not die from old age and as the name implies, they gain the ability to rapidly evolve.  A evolved human for example may over the course of several turns gain the ability to breathe underwater or maybe grow an extra arm.  The Catalyst is what influences the evolution and can control it to some degree.  They also gain the Catalyst ability to digest just about any substance in existence by regurgitating Catalysts on the substance and then having the Catalysts re-enter the body.  This can also be used as a natural weapon.

Evolved also become part of the Catalyst Hivemind.  The degree to which they are joined can vary, most are either completely or mostly incorporated to the hivemind but certain individuals may be less connected.  These individuals are usually used as Evolved Leaders. (Edit:  The ones with mostly free will would be called "Greater Evolved")

Evolved can still reproduce normally and give birth to children of the original species.  Often however these children are slightly mutated from the parent.  Evolved also produce Catalysts within their bodies which leak out of the body as they mature without causing harm to the host.

Edit:  Also have the Altered:  Individuals infected with the Catalyst which then goes somewhat dormant.  They gain Catalyst traits but are the least connected to the Hivemind out of all the infected.

Edit:  Also send a small swarm of Catalysts that follow the screaming sounds of Un'Girlan to his location.  Attempt to sneak in and symbiotically "infect" Un'Girlan.  This would give him Catalyst abilities and connect him to the hivemind so he has limited control over Catalyst beings.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 11:26:41 am by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 18, 2013, 07:38:51 pm »

Volondor was surprised to see the old god reappear.

"Aldemas? How have you been brought back?what happened to you? As for myself, no doubt it can be seen. I am rebuilding the world and looking after the affairs of mortals. Nonetheless, you are speaking to Volondor now - Udil is resting and I am his second face, one responsible for arts and craftsmanship. Vanida here is with me and sits at my side."

He ignored Kar'lan's apparition. He had nothing to say to the god of the dead, for he had no business with a spirit that threw accusations at him for providing sanctuary to souls of his worshipers.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 07:43:50 pm by Ardas »

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 18, 2013, 07:40:02 pm »

The Dead crowd around Fatianna, the souls of Her people, unexpected as they might be, begging for Judgement, for her decision. As you wish. I shall do so.

She returns to her Ring, deciding to make another use of it, one which might prove useful. "come, ye wayward souls, you who have waited for so long to have a place for yourselves, who have served me well and truly in your lives. Come, and be laid bare before my sight, for I must judge you truly."

The souls around her are examined, saught out, seeking those who she would favor.

First, the Betrayers, those who, though worshipping her, betray the very thing that they worship: those who do not respect Her secrecy, those who turn from their allies, and those who share knowledge of Her beyond those who truly wish to learn about her and to share in the Secret. These would be cast away, bound into the Ring to atone for their betrayal of the Secret by preserving it for all eternity.

Second, the Believers, those who stayed true to their beliefs, but did not prove themselve exemplary in her eyes, those who skated by, and were worthy of reward, but not of the grandest reward she could grant. These were allowed to pass on to Paradise and to live the rest of their afterlives in peace. They would not, however, regardless of their martial skill, be allowed to serve in the Death God's Guard, though those with that level of skill likely fall into the third category.

And thirdly, the Exalted, those who embodied Her worship in both word and deed, those who show exemplary faith in Her, whose belief has been tested and surpassed, and also have shown themselves exemplary in life, shown some skill or ability beyond the day-to-day creatures, whether it be in knowledge, or art, or martial skill. These were kept, and bourne down to Solitude, to become something new, something uniquely hers.

Judgement: Fatianna seperates the Souls of her worshippers into three groups: The Betrayers, whose souls are bound to Her Ring to increase it's power, the Believers who are sent to Paradise, and the Exalted, whose souls she keeps with her, to be used in something new she is creating.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 18, 2013, 07:51:32 pm »

Aldemas saw it now, Udil was now two; just as Aldemas and Corvus were one.
"For from the darkest of depths I have arisen, as a beacon to all who here me. From out the Void I shall be guided to my revenge;  Until I return the favor to Corvus himself!
But for now, friendly talk! All the less reason to hate you I suppose, seeing as the Evicter is sleeping."

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 18, 2013, 08:10:08 pm »

The Catalyst was somewhat ambitious in it's desires but ambition unabated could easily lead to ruin.  Allies may be needed and the dwarf had not responded to the Catalysts call.  Regardless it was a novelty and other possibilities still remained open.

Feros, I call to you.  Allies are not a thing to be made lightly but groups with possibly mutual interests have little to lose by cooperation.  I hunger greatly in these dark waters but this universe is filled with potential food and there is no outstanding reason that my needs should have to conflict with your own.  On the other hand you are a god of nature are you not?  You therefore should understand the natural order of things.  The plants are consumed by creatures which in turn are eaten by others.  It it necessary in life but I am not just a predator.  I have the power to bring great change and turn life towards the grand final conclusion of biological perfection.  Work with me Feros.  Let us grow strong together and usher in a new age of perfection.  I will not touch your followers if you do not want me to.  If you wish though, I can bestow upon them limited gifts of the Catalyst.
Sure thing peanut man!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 18, 2013, 08:25:36 pm »

" Aldemas! I was sure that my attempt to revive you has failed! Sorry, I'd like to chat, but I need to prepare for my pregnancy, you may discuss wars, alliances and stuff like that with my wise husband Vanida kissed her husband and then turned back to the seaspawn and said the last words to her children  " You heard our offer, decide. I hope you'll make a wise decision as this will bring prosperity and safety to you and your people. You should trade and cooperate with dwarves as they'll teach you a lot

Once home, with her queen powers, Vanida did ordered dwarves to dig trade tunnels to the future settlement of seaspawn, send missionaries to teach the details of dwarven faith and teach Seaspawn basics of mining to make them able to mine the shelf

Strongly suggest seaspawn to settle on the shores and shelf of Desolate and join dwarven religion. Also order Dwarves to instate trading, cultural exchange and teach seaspawn how to mine   (boldified it to not let it sink in da flood)

And then the preparation for the pregnancy started, she remembered all that horrible labor pains and was determined to ease it for her future pregnancies and for all females that worshiped her. She handpicked the wisest women from humans, from dwarven maidens, from female seaspawns and offered them to join white sisters that would be reformed into divine assisted midwives... She explained female physiology, she shared knowledge about medical properties of some herbs and minerals, she explained the best way to care about pregnant women from first days to childbirth and finally  she gifted a knowledge of new rituals

The first one was an ancient Kiss of Gift, that some white sisters still remembered

Second one could be used on a male, to learn if he'll be a good father or his children will be sickly and weak

Third one gave an ability to see beings inside ones body, while it's main purpose was to monitor health of unborn child and detect hostile divine influences on it, it could be used to notice any parasite being in the host

Fourth one was cruel but necessary, it was made to kill unhealthy, mutated or otherwise dangerous child in a way to not hurt a mother. As a gift above, that gift could be used to kill parasites both natural or divine

1 act. Reform white sisters into a multiracial caste of midwives with wast medical knowledge, train them and create new rituals for their use 
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 08:53:38 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 18, 2013, 09:49:42 pm »

Gren...  Do you hear my voice?  I have watched you but briefly and yet already... I am impressed.  You are diseased.  Sick enough that most others would be dead or at least weakened.  Yet you are not weakened and you are certainly not dead.  To most your situation would appear a curse and yet you bear it like a gift.  Your strength is profound but still... with my help you could be so much more.

Time passed strangely in the Father's Halls.  Gren spent centuries there, the sands of his life stilled as he worked and lived among them, cut off from the world outside.  It was thus only after many decades, when he emerged to take stock of the land, that he heard the call of the swarm - echoing strangely from the past.  Knowing not precisely how to respond, he tried to pray to it as he had the gods in the past.

"I know not who or what you are, spirit, but it seems I have been sequestered from the world for generations.  My - my affliction has been treated since you called upon me, contained by those whose grace accepted me among their kith.  Though I am not truly cured, nor do I suspect I will ever truly be.

"Your offer shows a kindness and concern I will repay, spirit.  My name is Gren Garnsson, of Spireright and the Halls.  Pray tell me of yourself and we will parley."

Time passed strangely in the Father's Halls.  Although he was aware that centuries had passed, Gren felt as if it had all been a single, long day.  Time seemed only to pass properly during his forays back onto the surface of Despair, and the changes in the world cut him to the core.

Eversummer began to bloom again.  Fish returned to the seas.  The skies cleared and year by year the sands were held tight by grass and shrub and green returned to the Fifth Continent.  It could only be the work of the divine, but who?  The answer was simple.

Corvus.  Of all the gods Gren had ever known, Corvus alone had spoken kindly and shown concern for all mortals.  Udil's pride, Vanidia's wrath, Feros' callousness all set them apart.  Gren had sworn a pact to the crow-god, to defeat the monstrosity that plagued the heavens and even now still whispered to him in his dreams.  In return, Corvus had promised to heal the world, and healed indeed it was.

The knowledge that Gren had not yet held up his part of the bargain weighed heavily on the dwarf's soul, but he had little choice to view it as a long-term problem.  He had not then possessed the strength to face the abomination, so he had made a pact with the Sons of Thaneos to find it.  Just as his pact with Corvus, the pact with the giants bound and weighed upon Gren.  He found himself obliged by honour and care to assist them in their fight.  They had taken the designs he had produced for homunculi and through their power extended it ten thousand-fold.

It had taken untold years to perfect the first design, then to make the necessary trips to the surface to mine and process the materials.  Decades had past before the Great Homunculus was ready, and a terrible and beautiful thing it was to behold.  Drawing life from the souls of a thousand giant-spawn, the Homunculus had taken the form of the mythical beast Nelkathar, the dragon that had reigned in terror during the days of Gren's youth.  Not three days after the Great Homunculus had been revealed in its splendour and glory had the Fire Wyrms been spotted approaching the ruins of Spireright, over which the Halls loomed in threat.

Some instinct powered Nelkathar's doppelganger as if it had been a dragon true-born.  It took to the skies, greater by far than any of the wyrms, and supported by the dead men who guarded the Halls it laid waste in a war of extermination that took decades more of the strange non-time in the Halls.  When at last the remaining crazed wyrms became impossible to find, the giants declared a victory and set to work building the second Great Homunculus.  A dozen would be built in total, the limit of what the population of the life giant kin could sustain.

Not that lesser homunculi were ignored.  Although not generally used in combat, they were employed as servants and assistants, especially in the creation of their great brethren.  Gren had built three for himself, the limit of what his spirit could sustain without being noticeably drained.  All three were fashioned of bronze and copper, their joints given freedom by gear and axle.  The first took the form of a crow, out of honour to Gren's benefactor, and could fly far and speak the tongues of men.  The second took the form of a monkey, with flexible joints and hands to do fine work.  The third took the form of a tiny whipdragon, a meagre bodyguard and pet to watch Gren's back.  Both second and third were mute, as most homunculi were.

It was in the second or third century that Gren returned to take stock of the crumbling city below.  What could be saved from the Corvite temple had long been taken aboard the Halls; the rest of the city of Spireright grew verdant with weeds.  None lived there now, save the occasional giant on shore leave.  Even so, the city felt real to Gren in a way that the Halls did not, perhaps because he felt as if he was part of the flow of the world there, not removed from it and Time alike.  He and his homunculi cleared one of the few surviving houses in the city and he began to take an interest in the world again, sending Crow out into the world to report to him on how things had changed.

The fifth continent continued to regrow, dominated now by petty kingdoms of karas, but encircled on the shores by clans of the very shapeshifters that had laid waste to Spireright, though their madness seemed long cured.  With an awkwardness Gren discovered that some of the diseases he had spread among the bull-folk were still endemic in places even now.  His hands would burn with pain and shame at the costs he had levied upon their ancestors for their generosity.  With Vanidia's action, no humans save her own diseased priestesses had survived the plagues he had spread on Eversummer, though doubtless a few of the mad women still stalked the land.  Last of all, a race of giants had returned recently to Eversummer, akin to the Council of Three in power but possessed of the strength and uncontrollable nature of fire.

Beyond the shores, life seemed to regrow as expected.  Gren could make little sense of Crow's reports from most of the other continents, save that one had suffered even greater destruction than the site of the divine battle that slew Thaneos had and still was burned and blackened even today - the homunculi had felt the connection to Gren begin to wither and fled immediately.  Back on Desolate, the hill dwarves had developed a culture independent from that of Udilsbor.  Strange half-men had risen from the seat o settle on their shores, and even now began to trade among the dwarven outposts.

Gren would sit upon the lone remaining tower shell in Spireright (the Halls had crushed most of the city and levelled the temple; a single spire of the many that had given the city's name survived) and look out upon the horizon, waiting for the news his Crow would bring.  It was in such times of solitude, away from the forges and gardens of the Halls, that plans began to crystallise in Gren's head.

Gren needed the power of the Fortress and the Homunculi to reach and defeat the beast he had sworn to slay.  He had sworn also to defend and assist the giants in their war with Vanidia, a war not yet over in their eyes or hers.  He had a debt to repay and a need to honour the god whom he saw responsible for saving the world.  He gathered his belongings, provisions and a handful of those willing to follow and set out across Eversummer.  It was time to gather support.

Before Gren sets out from the Halls, he moves the remains of the Corvite library down to Spireright's ruins and entrusts them to a few loyal giants to care for in his absence and make available to those who come to research there.  He finds what scrolls he can that deal with medical or surgical concerns and copies them afresh for his journey.

Gren sets out across Eversummer, treating with Shattered clans and Karas, urging them to come to the verdant lands near Spireright and settle there.  To those who choose to follow, he has them work on rebuilding the city and restoring the temple of Corvus, preaching the Crow-God as being responsible for saving the world in exchange for Gren's pact of service.  He teaches them what he can of how to build their own homunculi and tie them to their own life-force to act as builders and servants.

Gren seeks out the fire giants to treat with them also, offering them a place at Spireright and the Father's Halls.  He tells them of the war of the Sons of Thaneos against Vanidia and their crusade to earn peace from the gods who have sworn to wipe them from the face of Despair.  He tells them of the Great Homunculi and the protection they can offer as well as the need of the giants to safeguard the future of both their kinds.

Gren sends Crow to the hill dwarves of Desolate, preaching that the founder of their peoples has survived even these many centuries past.  Those that build ships and come to the continent of Eversummer will find it restored and ready for inhabitation, should they wish to stand apart from Udil, and a place will be made for them at Spireright.

Throughout all this, Gren tries to heal the sick and save the wounded at every turn.  Guided by the knowledge of the Corvite library and the extensive familiarity with sickness he has acquired from centuries of causing it, Gren begins systematically recording and documenting sickness and its cures.  If he attracts any followers, he teaches them what he knows and tries to train them as healers-errant in their own right, spreading them as far as they will go to spread the word of a place for the despairing, for those seeking refuge from disaster and divinity, at Spireright.

When Gren returns at last to Spireright, hopefully some of his actions having borne fruit, he contacts the Council of Three with his plan - to make known to Vanidia and her minions of the strength they have gathered and diplomatically declare their independence from the gods, demanding she withdraw her vendetta against their kind and accept peace.  Otherwise, a war of vengeance might stretch out for centuries to come.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 18, 2013, 10:11:50 pm »

I am known to some as the Catalyst.  My goal is to bring change both to the world and the universe as a whole.  Hopefully this change will be for the better although the term better is admittedly quite subjective.  To achieve this task I have been looking to find like minded and worthy individuals.  You are one such being I have taken an interest in...

Truth be told I am not so much a spirit, a god or any other form of divine.  I am a living being like you in some ways but different in many others.  Most mortals are not able to communicate with me from a distance like this without first receiving my gift but you are different.  I suspect it has something to do with the illness inside you.  Something that makes us alike... almost like kin.  I am unaware of your goals and desires but whatever they are, I have the ability to help you achieve them.  My gifts will affect you both directly in visible ways and in other methods more abstract.  Great strength can be yours and legions of my children at your disposal.  Unfortunately my gifts must come at a price.  The power I may bestow comes from my flesh and if you partake, you will be bonded to me.  Your mind will be linked to my own and although you will retain full free will, you will not be the same.

I may not be able to continue contacting you in this manner again for as I said before, I am not a divine and this communication is a mystery to me as much as it is to you.  If you wish to talk further come near the ocean and I will emerge to speak in person.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 11:57:47 am by gman8181 »
Sure thing peanut man!

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 19, 2013, 12:52:02 am »

Aur-Sha had been sleeping when Corvus had called, and she arrived only at the end, where by the look of things the problem had been solved, and those gods had gone their seperate ways. So she headed back to the continent, to her mountain and thought. She felt the power from the crowborn's worship, it made her stronger, perhaps she should get more. As she looked down Aur-Sha found herself missing the giants too, they had gone home, angry at her, and now she had nothing, nothing but lonlieness, and a little power.

Aur-Sha looked down the mountain, and focused. From between her scales shapes emerged, serpantine and large they slithered out from her and gathered around her, and then they took on colour, and a more difinitive shape. Serpantine bodies in all, six metres long, but with large taloned and three fongered arms emergins from a tiny bit below the head. And covered in scales of a reddish brown hue, with the head of snakes, fangs included, but no venom, and eyed on biological nature, in varying colour. They were of earth, not of fire, and they had a talent to reflect that, as they continued to emerge some of them began to dig, but they didn't dig in the way a normal being would, their scales vibrated at an increadeble rate, loosening the ground around them, and allowing them to 'swim' through earth. They would eat earth too, but meat was an option too, however only earth was nessisairy for them to survive, and they had a distint ability to sense what kind of earth was around them, sense if it was too hard tp tunnel through, and sense the pressure put on earth, allowing them to locate earth that it would not be wise to tunnel through, but also is something was moving above them. They were the serpantborn, the Nagashor, and they looked around in confusion.

Aur-Sha gazed down at them with pride, they would be her children, she made them, and now they needed guidance. "Greetings my children, I am Aur-Sha, your maker, and this is your home." She pointed her head at the mountain she was wrapped around, then looke back at them and continued. "There are other beings here, beings who have been here longer than I have, do not harm them, but if you can stay hidden, for now at least they don't need to know about you." She then looked at the portal, still standing, "None are to go into that portalt in an unforgiving world of pain and suffering." Overexadurating yes, but nessisiary, also yes. "Now tunnel and thrive my children, and remember your creator.

Aur-Sha creates the Nagashor, serpents with arms that can tunnel though earth with increadeble ease, and have an instictive knowledge of what was safe to tunnel and what wasn't. (1 earthbound act)
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: March 19, 2013, 02:31:53 am »

Returning to the Tutelaspera, Lo found a new development on Despair. A traveling dwarf from the Father's Halls. Peculiar. She set her simulacrums to watch him from afar, in case an opportunity could be exploited.

She also sensed...buzzing from the deeps of the sea. Vanida had claimed the oceans sometime ago...probably one of her projects.

Lo returned to the daily rule of the Choir, judging disputes, setting out duties and generally trying to find new paths of improvement. She thought of many, many different paths. Several quite exotic and several quite dangerous. She knew so many ways, so many possibilities...and yet could not try them all. She was limited. Even so, there were others who would perhaps...share her views.

Centuries ago, amongst the days of the Rift, she had caught whiff of a god, a god of magic. That god had been quiet and low-key. A humble god of magic. Fancy that. After years of watching the strings and receiving simulacrums, she had discovered his name: Magnus.  She knew there was an opportunity there. Lo sent out her message across the stars.

Light-years later, Magnus received Lo's message.

"Magnus!, lord of the arcane, it is I, Lo, lord of improvements. You have been quiet for all this time, have you not? I do have a proposition with you and wish an audience."

That message sent, she ordered a small scouting party to see what had...clouded the Hortimacina from her divine sight. What could do such a thing? By who's hand had it happened?

Order: Send Shattered recon team to the 4th continent and find out what has happened to the Hortimacina.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 02:35:23 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 61