Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Looking for players (Who wants some Waaaaagh?)  (Read 120198 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Succubus Player wanted for Year3 :)
« Reply #375 on: December 30, 2014, 04:16:07 pm »

Updated my write up into the placeholder
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=146594.msg5912767#msg5912767

for Kobold year 2 autumn & winter.

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 30, 2014, 04:43:55 pm »

Ah! Great story, and I'm trying not to spoil it for the others waiting to read after that cliff hanger.
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 30, 2014, 04:46:45 pm »

Jakob, Just wall up the entrance. One werewolf outside and another locked up. Outside will be distracted, just wall it off or something. When they transform back, just burrow them into somewhere secluded. The one in the bedroom can't unless you unforbid the door.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 30, 2014, 04:56:38 pm »

Ah! Great story, and I'm trying not to spoil it for the others waiting to read after that cliff hanger.

Thanks!  it was a fun year to play, glad i was able to convey some of that in the story :D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #379 on: December 30, 2014, 05:06:40 pm »

Thanks!  it was a fun year to play, glad i was able to convey some of that in the story :D
Finally had time to read all of it.

So you swarmed the elves, and were saved at the last second by the druid that happened to finish? Druids turn into spirit bears...

Other than that I have to add that cutting wooden logs into planks would probably help with construction, and that the woodcrafter can make wooden mechanisms. No need for stone. Bone shovels should also be possible to make.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Jakob

• Bay Watcher
  • !!FABULOUS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 30, 2014, 05:10:41 pm »

The only rational solution is a mass draft and then a charge after opening the door.
Build a replica of the Krusty Krab around the creature, then lock prisoners customers inside it so that the sponge can mutilate them take their order.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 30, 2014, 05:18:39 pm »

So you swarmed the elves, and were saved at the last second by the druid that happened to finish? Druids turn into spirit bears...

Probably -- I got the pop up message not until a couple weeks later that Asmoth and the other guy finished their transformations though, so I don't know exactly what happened.  Whether the Druid can be woken up early by nearby combat, or if it's possible to have a Spirit Bear who's not a druid, or what.  Definitely Spirit Bear got the decisive hits and kill on the 2nd elf, though. 

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #382 on: December 30, 2014, 05:19:25 pm »

The only rational solution is a mass draft and then a charge after opening the door.
Against the werewolves? That would be suicide, especially with mass of untrained militia members.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 30, 2014, 05:23:54 pm »

Judging by the screenshots, the Kobolds are doing well. Its a far different design then the more claustrophobic warrens I usually prefer.

Zach, do you think you'll be able to do Year 3? If not, I could totally take that turn now.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #384 on: December 30, 2014, 05:34:59 pm »

Judging by the screenshots, the Kobolds are doing well. Its a far different design then the more claustrophobic warrens I usually prefer.

Zach, do you think you'll be able to do Year 3? If not, I could totally take that turn now.
I think he said that he'd prefer you take it.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 30, 2014, 05:36:45 pm »

OK then, switch me into Year 3 Kobolds. This is 6.2, right? Going to have to download the new version then and maybe check out the patch notes to make sure my old exploits strategies still work.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #386 on: December 30, 2014, 05:42:44 pm »

OK then, switch me into Year 3 Kobolds. This is 6.2, right? Going to have to download the new version then and maybe check out the patch notes to make sure my old exploits strategies still work.
Only orcs, succubi and warlocks changed, the rest is same same.

I switched you out, so its your turn now. :P

Jakob

• Bay Watcher
  • !!FABULOUS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 30, 2014, 06:36:34 pm »

Against the werewolves? That would be suicide, especially with mass of untrained militia members.
Nonsense, they'll drown in the blood.

Jokes aside, turn coming tomorrow.
Build a replica of the Krusty Krab around the creature, then lock prisoners customers inside it so that the sponge can mutilate them take their order.

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 30, 2014, 06:37:53 pm »

i started looking at the kobold save last night haha
hope u make it interesting arc, it looks like there is to be some sieges fought.  no trap corridors but the 10-20 army looked decent, might wanna put some off to the side in pairs to train faster

and i picked kobolds because no one had picked them for year three
id prefer gnomes, i havent played them much and would like to give it a try :3
.. if you would be so kind meph
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #389 on: December 30, 2014, 06:50:57 pm »

Sure thing. Gnomes it is. They are smarty-pants kobolds anyway :P You can start whenever you like, the save is already up.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 43