Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: LIAR - Escape plans? What do you need those for?  (Read 11974 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LIAR - Limmited Intelligence Assingment RTD
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2009, 04:01:56 am »

MY FRIENDS ARE TAKING AN ARGUABLY LONGER-THAN-USUAL TIME?
I MIGHT GO UNDERCOVER, FIND OUT WHAT THE 'BUZZ' ON THE STREETS OF KALENSK IS, HMMN?
Long Live United Forenia!

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2009, 03:03:12 pm »

I am curently waiting for Frelock to submit his actions.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2009, 06:32:26 pm »

Sorry.  I look for a local fisherman to ferry me across the river.  Then walk towards the town, and attempt to find a place to stay.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 06:36:27 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Relm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2009, 07:25:52 pm »

Is it night or day?

Virex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2009, 03:04:08 pm »

Is it night or day?

A turn encompases an unspecified amount of time, but it is assumed that all actions take place during the day unless specified otherwise.

Rolls!

The closest bridge that hasn't exploded has unidentified packs, which are probably explosive? I'd disarm them and take them with me, but I don't trust the cars behind me not to be watching me, and breaking cover this early could be bad. I'd better just carefully examine the bridge for a detonator. If it's safe, I'll walk to my destination. If I can't cross the bridge without it going boom, I'll catch a ride and look for an alternative path.

Frelock, if the bridge isn't safe we should probably split up again until we get to our destination, for the sake of keeping a low profile.

| You try to keep a low profile while examining the bridge for a detonator. While doing so, you trip over a lose metal rod.
| you manage to break your fall and roll to the side. From there you've got a better view on the packs. They don't look like explosives, but rather like supplies.
| Since you're lying close to one of the packs anyway, you decide that taking a good look at them wouldn't hurt. You could always defuse them after all. You try to yank a pack lose, but in doing so you lose your balance and both you and the pack fall into the river.
| You manage to turn around and dive gracefully into the river, dragging the pack with you. A few strokes later you manage to find a way up onto the other shore.

You're now in Roskovia, with a pack of supplies and a wet suit.

Or at least that is what you messaged to your friends.
In reality, Frelock was watching you and relayed your actual actions to the rest of the team.

He saw you drive away in an abandoned car, which broke down after half a mile. After that you started checking through your stuff. He hears you mumble that the goat horns mighrt be some kind of missiles and that your gogles are either used to check for weak spots in walls and plates or to find the ambient magnetic field of something.

I wander around town seeing all the sights while pretending to be a tourist. As I am doing this I will try to discretely get information from the townspeople about the military base.

| You expertly put on an accent of a worried Miskavian tourist and chat around with the local townsfolk. You learn a lot about the surrounding area and hear several rumors about the military base. Apparently it was the Roskovian equivalent of Area 51. Some of the experiments described are pretty gruesome, but the local townsfolk assure you that they really happened. You manage to piece together a picture of what could have been stolen.

You now have a chance to identify the stolen military equipment. You've also got a rough idea of where to find the military base.

While walking the streets, someone pushes a note into your hands. It's a message from the local BOINK contact.

MY FRIENDS ARE TAKING AN ARGUABLY LONGER-THAN-USUAL TIME?
I MIGHT GO UNDERCOVER, FIND OUT WHAT THE 'BUZZ' ON THE STREETS OF KALENSK IS, HMMN?

| You manage to convince everyone that you're a tourist from the southern parts of the lands, but apparently they only want to talk about the latest watermelon harvest...

| Suddenly, you see someone you know. Too late you realize it's Relm, as you have lost her.

| You try to follow her, but get utterly lost in the streets of Kalensk.
| A local peasant brings you back to the market and pushes a little note into your hand. It's a message from the local BOINK contact.

Sorry.  I look for a local fisherman to ferry me across the river.  Then walk towards the town, and attempt to find a place to stay.

| You trawl along the river banks, looking for a fisherman, but you find none. You do find a deserted boat that has been pulled upon the bank.
| You push the boat into the water and row up to lake  Raskit. There you pull the boat on to the water and walk towards Kalensk.
| While walking towards Kalensk, you pass several soldiers that are on leave. After some chit-chat, you manage to get a rough description of where the military base you were looking for was, and in what direction the militia went after the raid. Half an hour later you arrive in Kalensk and find yourself a small hotel near the harbour.

Sudenly everyone recieves a message from BOINK that someone has been checking their background. One of the marksmen from our team is suspected.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 04:13:01 pm by Virex »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LIAR - Limmited Intelligence Assingment RTD - turn 3
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2009, 03:55:29 pm »

I haz mad stealth skillz? I haz unidentified goggles. They is useful for stuffs. At least I got supplies. (In the future, shouldn't you have messaged Frelock about what he saw, and he could have messaged anyone he wanted about it? It seems a bit strange for me to know that he was watching me.)

I'll just wander on over to my destination, and try to get information from civilians.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2009, 04:39:55 pm »

MY FRIENDS I THINK THERE MAY BE STRANGE GAMES AFOOT HERE.
NIRUR TORIR'S ACTIONS ARE DEFINITELY MOST PECULIAR.
ANYWAY IF YOU PEOPLE COULD HURRY THE FUDGE UP AND GET INTO KALENSK WE CAN ALL MEET THE BOINK CONTACT FELLOW, HMMN?

MY ACTION THIS TURN MIGHT BE TO CONTACT THE BOINK CONTACT CHAPPY.
Long Live United Forenia!

Virex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2009, 04:51:40 pm »

I haz mad stealth skillz? I haz unidentified goggles. They is useful for stuffs. At least I got supplies. (In the future, shouldn't you have messaged Frelock about what he saw, and he could have messaged anyone he wanted about it? It seems a bit strange for me to know that he was watching me.)

I'll just wander on over to my destination, and try to get information from civilians.

I made a conscious descision to inform everyone, including you. First of all, I explicitly stated that they'd become public, and secondly you'd know you'd been discovered anyway, and the only one who could have discovered you was Frelock. But then again, I might change my mind later on ;)

You did get the suplies though, so at least you should be happy about that (or should you?)

I'm sory things went wrong for you like that, but that's what roling a 1 tends to do. Also, you were lucky to not be doing something that would have made you very suspect to someone.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 04:54:15 pm by Virex »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2009, 05:15:54 pm »

Never apologize for a player rolling a 1. Besides, it already did make me suspicious, as any secret action might, even though I was just trying to figure out what the strange things I have are for, and buy a replacement suitcase. I don't trust the people I annoyed on the plane not to have but something unpleasant ... NOT on the handle.

It didn't help much, low rolls are no fun. I'm going to shoot the guy who failed to print the instructions on these things. Looks accusingly at the poster below him.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 05:17:29 pm by Nirur Torir »

Virex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2009, 02:58:44 pm »

So far I'm still waiting for Frelock and Relm to relay their actions, which means that rolls will probably be tomorrow. Seems like we'll be doing an average of 1 turn per 2 days.

Relm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2009, 05:02:22 pm »

I am waiting for your PM with the results of my secret actions. ???

Virex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2009, 05:10:38 pm »

I am waiting for your PM with the results of my secret actions. ???

You mean I didn't?

EEP!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2009, 10:37:45 pm »

Ah, this turn, I'll get a room at the hotel, and move off to the abandoned military base, preferably renting a car somewhere, but in this Eastern European village, I doubt I'll find one.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Relm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2009, 11:05:21 pm »

I spend more time in town trying to gain more information from the townspeople to get a better idea of where the military base is.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2009, 12:58:39 pm »

I'm still waiting for your PM with the results of my secret actions.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7