Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 230163 times)

Krakarn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.1.2] _NOW IN 34.02_
« Reply #1425 on: March 02, 2012, 04:40:34 am »

In 34.04: I'm getting an occasional crash when genning a new world, specifically large or medium worlds. I don't get the crash with vanilla DF, only with your mod. Guess it doesn't work with the latest changes or something.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: March 02, 2012, 10:36:55 pm »

In 34.04: I'm getting an occasional crash when genning a new world, specifically large or medium worlds. I don't get the crash with vanilla DF, only with your mod. Guess it doesn't work with the latest changes or something.

Yeah Corrosion is not playing nice in the latest version...

I'm looking into it, but I can't seem to find anything. My best guess is that something in the entity files got bonked due to some undocumented change. Perhaps it has to do with civs no longer starving :\

On the other hand, I managed to remove law givers from infected, you won't see any mounted zombies if the wiki can be trusted.

My humans aren't using cigars. Nothing's forbidden and everything is accessible. I also can't make new cigars from my massive stock of leaves, even though tons of barrels are free. So, they're all getting pretty thirsty. Luckily the caravan should be coming soon but you never know what could happen before that. Haven't encountered the zombie bug yet, but I made a relatively short history so here's hoping tons of people didn't get bit.

The leaves are being stored in bags, which are being stored in barrels, thus the reaction is getting a little goofed because it doesn't look in barrels for tobacco leaves. Just go to the stockpile settings, remove tobacco leaves, and create a new one that only accepts tobacco leaves but no barrels are allowed. Then just go to the kiln and make cigars.

They will 'eat' cigars when they get hungry.

From the Corrosion blog:
I'm fine with zombies migrating in, but the problem is they come as full zombies, the entire wounds screen filled with yellow text is a bit of a tip off. Furthermore, all they do is kill the migrants and their animals.

I belive that's the problem I've encountered. If they imigrate and get set as members of the player's fort, any attempt to kill them will screw up the "who's the enemy" system (at the same time they are both privation humans and infected), and humans will kill each other.
I'd remove that or allow for some migrants to become infected on arrival.

However, that also might screw things up. I belive they either should switch membership when infected (but that's likely not going to work properly either), or use the vampire mechanic from vanilla, with switching sides after full transformation.

I'm don't really know much about modding DF, but I hope it's going to be helpful :]

In theory this shouldn't happen anymore, I removed tags that would tell the creature to start killing people. I don't know how it'll react now, but we'll find out.

This community fort has a race modded in that can bite and turn people into their members. Maybe it could be helpful to check out their raws?

Sorry for spamming the thread, I like the mod a lot and want to help :]

I'll take a quick look once I get the crashes sorted out.

And by all means, keep spamming! I enjoy reading suggestions and feedback.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: March 03, 2012, 12:25:22 am »

Found it, it was the megabeast 'Smokee' never would have suspected that. It's been in the game for ages.  :o

Removed it and uploaded the update. I'll add him back in once I figure out exactly what's wrong. Enjoy 1.1.3!

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.1.3] _NOW IN 34.04_
« Reply #1428 on: March 03, 2012, 12:35:44 am »

May I asked how you did find this out ? I have crashes on long worldgens as well, and have sadly no clue where to look for a solution.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: March 03, 2012, 01:23:23 am »

I left the documentation on the Blog.

First, you need to find out if it is a creature. Go to start game, gen a medium world with short history, then set everything else to Very Low. If it crashes try again. If it crashes again, then it might be something else, or more then one thing.

Second, Start a new world with the same thing above, except set 'Number of Beasts' to 'medium'. If it crashes, the problem is one of your creatures. Follow the steps below. If it doesn't crash, try again, and if it still doesn't then it might be something else.

1. Create two folders, Folder A and Folder B.

2. Take five creature_xxx files out of the raws, and put them into folder A. Then generate a new world. If the world crashes, take the files in Folder A and put them into Folder B. Repeat the process until the crashes stop.

3. Once you can successfully generate a world, you should have five text files in Folder A. One of them is causing the crash. Move one file back into the raws, and gen a new world. Repeat this process until it crashes. When it does crash, the last txt file you moved back has the bugged creature inside of it.

4. Make one text creature_xxx file for every creature in the culprit file. Put one creature in and gen a world, repeat this process until it crashes. Once it crashes, the creature you moved in last is the corrupted creature.

It takes a while.

But here's some stats from my creature. Perhaps you have a similar creature.

Breaths fire
Is constantly on fire
Megabeast

Spoiler: raw (click to show/hide)

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

magikmw

• Bay Watcher
  • angryface
    • View Profile
    • Blog/links
« Reply #1430 on: March 03, 2012, 02:44:12 am »

Great, I was waiting for a new version since that bug happened. Really turned me off, losing a fort to something like that. :]

I'll give it a test run after I get back from classes today :)

Sidenote IT 000: Your sig advertises old version of the mod ;]
Oh, hai.

Pallbearer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Thanks!
« Reply #1431 on: March 03, 2012, 03:08:53 am »

Hello IT 000. I signed up on the forums just to say that I really enjoy playing your mod. Thanks for the great work, Corrosion has given me hours upon hours of entertainment. :)

Also, I have a suggestion: maybe you could have a governor noble that comes before the president? Perhaps renaming the duke would suffice?

One last thing, I know you're working on a tile set, and I was wondering if you knew about this: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=56775.0
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 07:43:46 am by Pallbearer »

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: March 03, 2012, 03:15:40 am »

i'll have the pre-packed version up in a jiffy.

there.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: March 03, 2012, 12:24:09 pm »

One question: The Smokee seems to be burned from the heat. Is this intentinal? Because in Arena, they tend to bleed out. Seems to me that there base body or something needs to be made fireproof or something.

In other news, a Smokee Necromancer is one of the best things I have seen in arena. All the corspes where on fire, and it boiled everything.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: March 03, 2012, 02:48:35 pm »

Great, I was waiting for a new version since that bug happened. Really turned me off, losing a fort to something like that. :]

I'll give it a test run after I get back from classes today :)

Sidenote IT 000: Your sig advertises old version of the mod ;]

Yeah, I would have never suspected that it was a creature. Especially one that has been in my raws as long as Smokee has.

Nice catch, changed my sig.

i'll have the pre-packed version up in a jiffy.

there.

Updated the main page

Hello IT 000. I signed up on the forums just to say that I really enjoy playing your mod. Thanks for the great work, Corrosion has given me hours upon hours of entertainment. :)

Also, I have a suggestion: maybe you could have a governor noble that comes before the president? Perhaps renaming the duke would suffice?

One last thing, I know you're working on a tile set, and I was wondering if you knew about this: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=56775.0

Welcome to the boards! Glad I could help with your Fun!

I do have a random note from long ago where a noble named 'Governor' would replace the mayor at 100 population. He'd require a better room and demand more stuff. I don't know why he didn't ever get into the final product.

Thanks for the link! I'll be happy to take a look at it.

One question: The Smokee seems to be burned from the heat. Is this intentinal? Because in Arena, they tend to bleed out. Seems to me that there base body or something needs to be made fireproof or something.

In other news, a Smokee Necromancer is one of the best things I have seen in arena. All the corspes where on fire, and it boiled everything.

This was intentional behavior. A fireproof Smokee is very frustrating to deal with, and it's better off left outside to kill all the sieges then to engage. Because the Smokee burns out, it makes it more of an environmental nuke.

Hehe I had a Smokee show up on an evil biome. Took a year for the !!zombies!! to finally burn out.

For the next release I will focus on the following things :
 * Tileset update
 * Megabeast/Semimegabeast update
 * Addition of several exposed, megabeast/semi-megabeast, and a few animal graphics.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:general idiocy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: March 03, 2012, 03:08:36 pm »

So possibly due to not installing it properly, whenever I tried installing this mod normally on a Vanilla folder of DF, there were a number of... Interesting events. Like trying to start fortress mode on a freshly made map being composed of wild dogs and parts of the map flipping out (As in flashing like crazy). I just tried out the pre-installed version which works just fine, so I'm guessing I horribly misread the instructions. When it says 'The raws in this file MUST REPLACE the raws in the DF file', does it mean you're supposed to remove the files from the vanilla folder before putting the Corrosion files in instead of just putting the Corrosion files in and overwriting everything? Because I did the latter which is probably why everything went crazy.

I have to say though, this mod is awesome.
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

magikmw

• Bay Watcher
  • angryface
    • View Profile
    • Blog/links
« Reply #1436 on: March 03, 2012, 04:05:16 pm »

So possibly due to not installing it properly, whenever I tried installing this mod normally on a Vanilla folder of DF, there were a number of... Interesting events. Like trying to start fortress mode on a freshly made map being composed of wild dogs and parts of the map flipping out (As in flashing like crazy). I just tried out the pre-installed version which works just fine, so I'm guessing I horribly misread the instructions. When it says 'The raws in this file MUST REPLACE the raws in the DF file', does it mean you're supposed to remove the files from the vanilla folder before putting the Corrosion files in instead of just putting the Corrosion files in and overwriting everything? Because I did the latter which is probably why everything went crazy.

I have to say though, this mod is awesome.

Yeah the best thing to do is just to remove the raw folder and copy the Corrosion one. Common mistake.
Oh, hai.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: March 03, 2012, 11:01:57 pm »

IT the full and ascii download page text still says it's 1.1.2 underneath the banner (changelog in full download also only goes to 1.1.1) and the ASCII folder is called 1.1.2

Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: March 03, 2012, 11:37:27 pm »

IT the full and ascii download page text still says it's 1.1.2 underneath the banner (changelog in full download also only goes to 1.1.1) and the ASCII folder is called 1.1.2

Thanks for informing me, I've changed them accordingly. I was in a hurry to upload for the new version and I knew I forgot a few things.

Fantastic story. It's feedback like that that make me proud to be a modder :)

Random Public Service announcement

Ravenmist needs more people to Hummie.
It's a Corrosion succession game with a swamp and a cave. Check it out HERE

If you'd like to be hummied, post there, and I will hummie you promptly.
If you would like a turn, post there and I will sign you up for the soonest available spot.
You don't need to play if you only want to be hummied.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:general idiocy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: March 04, 2012, 08:12:28 am »

OH MY ARMOK I MESSED UP AND UNLEASHED THE WRATH OF MISSINGNO UPON MY WORLD

Yeah the best thing to do is just to remove the raw folder and copy the Corrosion one. Common mistake.

That makes sense. Thanks.
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 111