Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I modify the creatures spawn limit? Also, suggest me mods.  (Read 1040 times)

sumusiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just started playing again, gonna make a random world and try to remember everything i've forgotten then I want a real challenge.

I want to massively increase the mega beast, goblin and pretty much everything by A LOT to a point where it's almost impossible to win

Any idea how to do it?

Also what are some nice mods to use?

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: How do I modify the creatures spawn limit? Also, suggest me mods.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 11:34:53 am »

Well megabeasts are quite easy. Just use advanced world generation and increase the maximum number of megabeasts to four times the number of civilizations, and semimegabeasts double that. Another benefit of that, they might extinct humans and elves meaning you won't get any caravans making it even more difficult! You won't need to worry about goblins being extincted, I've never seen a goblin civilization get wiped out except early on when surrounded by megabeasts, and even then there were 5 more that survived just fine. The goblin sieges thing, well, that's a lot more difficult. The current method is to embark right next to goblins which generally requires something like legendsviewer to see where the goblins are. This severaly limits your embark options though, but it's the only way people have been able to get sieges. Also using legendsviewer try and embark near goblin civs with very high populations so they last longer.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 12:07:01 pm »

Here is a thread that you may find interesting and informative when it comes to increasing beasts.  To get lots of goblins, you might try making several copies of the goblin entity with different names, so that more goblin civilizations get placed and you can potentially be in contact with more than one at a time.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

sirvente

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 02:48:32 am »

Supposedly increasing the amount of demons being generated is necessary if you want lots of goblins. Something like the game not wanting to have two masters of the same demon breed but running out of intelligent varieties that can fill the role.

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 06:29:51 pm »

It has been reported that the maximum number of dark fortress civilizations is equal to the number of demon lords, and that there exists at most one demon lord for each caste of demons.