Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5439 5440 [5441] 5442 5443 ... 10970

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12950593 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #81600 on: July 25, 2015, 09:31:01 am »

What is this human instinct of being unwell?

It is the second time in a short period I felt this.

I was just in a mall and suddenly I felt faint, I checked my hands to make sure I wasn't going pale, and felt like I knew I was very unwell.

I later lied down on the floor for a bit...

I thought I was better... but it came back today at about 9... the same light headedness, chills, nausea, and feeling like I was going pale in spite not doing so.

---

I just kind of find it interesting because... the human body/mind seems to be built in with that simple instinct that is kind of beyond just an assessment of issues.
That's not random things, those are symptoms. Of ischemia of the affected parts, specifically. Why? Fucked if I know, I cannot and will not webdoctor, there's far too many possibilities. I'd check body temp if I were you.

Regardless, body knows shit is up yo, and signals that on all levels. Hardly human-specific reaction.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81601 on: July 25, 2015, 09:39:00 am »

Are you pregnant, Neo? Congratulations. You should name the baby Yoink, regardless of gender.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #81602 on: July 25, 2015, 10:01:35 am »

Are you pregnant, Neo? Congratulations. You should name the baby Yoink, regardless of gender.

Better yet, name him Yosef and let him get the nickname 'Yoink'.

Then he can be a retailer and people won't look at him like he's sexually advancing on them.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #81603 on: July 25, 2015, 11:32:37 am »

Hmmm.
Question, do you guys think that if lying didn't exist (As in nobody ever lied) would the world be any better than it is now?

This comic deals with that idea in places
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81604 on: July 25, 2015, 11:53:58 am »

Nevermind, the Malus Darkblade series is trash.

By which I mean, great series, but it has an open ending.
I mean, a really open ending. Like 'Well, this is my next quest, I'd better get to it'. But the book series ends and he never gets to it.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #81605 on: July 25, 2015, 12:47:03 pm »

Lying has developed so heavily in humans that just lying at a young age is a typical sign of proper brain development. Then again, lying can take on a multitude of different fashions from white lies, malicious lies, fiction, etc. The idea to think against our situation is an asset that makes us human.

Our intelligence is very finely lain with our social ability so to speak. The ability to understand, grasp, and communicate complex ideas is what makes us so intelligent.

A while back I was theorizing what some defining characteristics of a human level general ai would be in comparison to a narrow ai. Figured one key characteristic would be that the ai could communicate data and abstract concepts or ideas with other general ai, similar to humans communicating and having social interaction with one another.

I figured social interaction and communication was a big part of human thought processes.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81606 on: July 25, 2015, 02:04:12 pm »

Well, last I heard, human intelligence evolved to the heights it did as kind of a red queen arms race against each other in the social sphere. Outfoxing and outwitting each other to become the alpha male and mate, creating the next generation who then go on to outwit each other.

The technology and such is just an added bonus, our brains are really there to lie to each other convincingly and tell when the other person is lying.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81607 on: July 25, 2015, 02:13:29 pm »

Are you saying that our brains are essentially our genitalia's pimps?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #81608 on: July 25, 2015, 02:17:17 pm »

... duh? I mean, it does a lot of other things, but... that's pretty much the primary use for everything's thinky bits, not just mankind's. What made our bits what they are was driven by reproductive increases. Whatever got us to breed the most stuck around (along with stuff that didn't get in the way, or didn't get in the way enough). Every bit of us is essentially our genitalia's pimps.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81609 on: July 25, 2015, 02:17:59 pm »

I was just in a mall and suddenly I felt faint, I checked my hands to make sure I wasn't going pale, and felt like I knew I was very unwell.

I thought I was better... but it came back today at about 9... the same light headedness, chills, nausea, and feeling like I was going pale in spite not doing so.

---

I just kind of find it interesting because... the human body/mind seems to be built in with that simple instinct that is kind of beyond just an assessment of issues.

Not sure that's actually an 'instinct' or if you have sudden-onset hypoglycemia.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81610 on: July 25, 2015, 02:18:56 pm »

... duh? I mean, it does a lot of other things, but... that's pretty much the primary use for everything's thinky bits, not just mankind's. What made our bits what they are was driven by reproductive increases. Whatever got us to breed the most stuck around (along with stuff that didn't get in the way, or didn't get in the way enough). Every bit of us is essentially our genitalia's pimps.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia, in that you aid them in raising their kids.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #81611 on: July 25, 2015, 02:24:54 pm »

Amounts to the same thing, but yeah. Sometimes part of pimping your nethers is pimping other people's nethers.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #81612 on: July 25, 2015, 02:25:15 pm »

Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia, in that you aid them in raising their kids.
Well, I guess I'm getting rid of that cow quote in my sig.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81613 on: July 25, 2015, 02:30:08 pm »

Sweeeeet, it's been a while since I've been sigged.
The Bay12 postcard club

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #81614 on: July 25, 2015, 03:15:49 pm »

---

Not sure that's actually an 'instinct' or if you have sudden-onset hypoglycemia.

Mm, I'm no doctor, but that sounds just about exactly like the symptoms that a hypoglycemic girl I used to know would have.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 5439 5440 [5441] 5442 5443 ... 10970