Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5629 5630 [5631] 5632 5633 ... 9548

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 5062675 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #84450 on: July 25, 2015, 02:04:12 pm »

Well, last I heard, human intelligence evolved to the heights it did as kind of a red queen arms race against each other in the social sphere. Outfoxing and outwitting each other to become the alpha male and mate, creating the next generation who then go on to outwit each other.

The technology and such is just an added bonus, our brains are really there to lie to each other convincingly and tell when the other person is lying.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84451 on: July 25, 2015, 02:13:29 pm »

Are you saying that our brains are essentially our genitalia's pimps?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #84452 on: July 25, 2015, 02:17:17 pm »

... duh? I mean, it does a lot of other things, but... that's pretty much the primary use for everything's thinky bits, not just mankind's. What made our bits what they are was driven by reproductive increases. Whatever got us to breed the most stuck around (along with stuff that didn't get in the way, or didn't get in the way enough). Every bit of us is essentially our genitalia's pimps.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84453 on: July 25, 2015, 02:17:59 pm »

What is this human instinct of being unwell?

It is the second time in a short period I felt this.

I was just in a mall and suddenly I felt faint, I checked my hands to make sure I wasn't going pale, and felt like I knew I was very unwell.

I later lied down on the floor for a bit...

I thought I was better... but it came back today at about 9... the same light headedness, chills, nausea, and feeling like I was going pale in spite not doing so.

---

I just kind of find it interesting because... the human body/mind seems to be built in with that simple instinct that is kind of beyond just an assessment of issues.

Not sure that's actually an 'instinct' or if you have sudden-onset hypoglycemia.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84454 on: July 25, 2015, 02:18:56 pm »

... duh? I mean, it does a lot of other things, but... that's pretty much the primary use for everything's thinky bits, not just mankind's. What made our bits what they are was driven by reproductive increases. Whatever got us to breed the most stuck around (along with stuff that didn't get in the way, or didn't get in the way enough). Every bit of us is essentially our genitalia's pimps.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia, in that you aid them in raising their kids.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #84455 on: July 25, 2015, 02:24:54 pm »

Amounts to the same thing, but yeah. Sometimes part of pimping your nethers is pimping other people's nethers.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #84456 on: July 25, 2015, 02:25:15 pm »

Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia, in that you aid them in raising their kids.
Well, I guess I'm getting rid of that cow quote in my sig.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84457 on: July 25, 2015, 02:30:08 pm »

Sweeeeet, it's been a while since I've been sigged.
The Bay12 postcard club

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • Not having personal text in currentyear
    • View Profile
    • Realtalk for a second
« Reply #84458 on: July 25, 2015, 03:15:49 pm »

What is this human instinct of being unwell?

It is the second time in a short period I felt this.

I was just in a mall and suddenly I felt faint, I checked my hands to make sure I wasn't going pale, and felt like I knew I was very unwell.

I later lied down on the floor for a bit...

I thought I was better... but it came back today at about 9... the same light headedness, chills, nausea, and feeling like I was going pale in spite not doing so.

---

I just kind of find it interesting because... the human body/mind seems to be built in with that simple instinct that is kind of beyond just an assessment of issues.

Not sure that's actually an 'instinct' or if you have sudden-onset hypoglycemia.

Mm, I'm no doctor, but that sounds just about exactly like the symptoms that a hypoglycemic girl I used to know would have.

Cake
Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #84459 on: July 25, 2015, 03:21:43 pm »

Are you pregnant, Neo? Congratulations. You should name the baby Yoink, regardless of gender.
Lily is a much better name. Call the kid Lily, Neo!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84460 on: July 25, 2015, 03:22:56 pm »

name the kid butt

have people be attracted to touching your kid

sue everyone for millions

live the rest of your life in luxury, sitting in a chair talking about why every anime is horrible

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84461 on: July 25, 2015, 04:07:57 pm »

Are you pregnant, Neo? Congratulations. You should name the baby Yoink, regardless of gender.
Lily is a much better name. Call the kid Lily, Neo!
Combine the two and call them Yoily. Or Link.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #84462 on: July 25, 2015, 04:12:07 pm »

My mother wants me to start playing an MMORPG with her. I'm ambivalent; might as well humor her, I guess?
Raise the white flag and don't give up.

greatorder

• Bay Watcher
  • [FAPPING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84463 on: July 25, 2015, 04:16:12 pm »

My mother wants me to start playing an MMORPG with her. I'm ambivalent; might as well humor her, I guess?
Find a free one? If that fails, one without a subscription. Don't want to bleed money.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #84464 on: July 25, 2015, 04:23:54 pm »

Nah, it's a specific one she's found. No, I'm not going to say which one.
Raise the white flag and don't give up.
Pages: 1 ... 5629 5630 [5631] 5632 5633 ... 9548