Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: That request thread, you know the one.  (Read 4112 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Re: That request thread, you know the one.
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2010, 05:27:05 pm »

An RTS where the chain of supply is vital to the war effort. As in, ammunition, and fuel are required, delivered by something, and the delivery vehicle can be destroyed, disrupting supply.
Advanced Wars: Days of Ruin (In America)(Maybe the rest of the series too...) is pretty evil about making sure you keep your tanks, planes, and ships supplied with fuel and ammo if you want to live. Especially Mission 14. *Shudders*
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2010, 10:20:41 pm »

Request: A good, space colonization strategy game. Preferably with multiple planets/system that are randomly generated.
Examples: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, Light of Altair, Aurora

The only game I can think that hasn't been mentionned yet is Emperor of the Fading Suns. IIRC, planets are not randomly generated only randomly distributed, but each planet has it's own map... they aren't just spreadsheets.

Snall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2010, 10:27:34 pm »

Empire of the Fading Suns is an AWESOME game- good work getting it to work on modern OS, maybe Dosbox?  But it really could go for a re-make, so good a game- and probably AWESOME in MP.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2010, 10:34:34 pm »

I've played 'em all that have been listed except Deuteros

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2010, 10:30:15 am »

I've played 'em all that have been listed except Deuteros
Well then what the hell are you doing here? You've got a boatload of awesome games, go play them.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2010, 11:37:12 am »

An RTS where the chain of supply is vital to the war effort. As in, ammunition, and fuel are required, delivered by something, and the delivery vehicle can be destroyed, disrupting supply.

They are more RTT but SWINE (which is free) and Codename Panzers are great and they have that, you have vehicles for ammo, fuel and repairs and it's all very nice and shiny for games that are somewhat old (well SWINE is 8 years old and it still has kickass graphics).

I'm looking for an RPG with a very rich and detailed leveling system, something with tons of skills and options, action oriented prefferably.And i have played most of these (DS 1&2, Diablo, TQ, NWN, TES)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2010, 12:04:18 pm »

Final Fantasy 5 invented that. If you haven't played it yet, grab the Advanced version.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2010, 12:48:53 pm »

I would reccomend that you look into bioware games - I see you already have NWN, they have more games like that.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2010, 01:35:07 pm »

Final Fantasy 5 3j invented that.
But yes, 5 is a pretty darn awesome game and going to be on my list of suggestions.  Avoid consciously minmaxing though.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2010, 01:43:41 pm »

Final Fantasy 5 3j invented that.
But yes, 5 is a pretty darn awesome game and going to be on my list of suggestions.  Avoid consciously minmaxing though.
No. 3(j?) might have invented the job system, but 5 made it... enjoyable. In 3 you had the near useless Onion Knight turn out epic strong, but 5 let you have your useless White Mage survive in the front row, while barefisting the shit out of everything.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2010, 02:04:39 pm »

Haha.  Yeah, exactly.  But then, making more than one monk before you get your second set of crystals is strictly cheating as far as I'm concerned.  Everyone with unarmed attack = no challenge.  Also there's that whole problem of "it's Final Fantasy" which means "Hum de dum let's spend two hours wandering around a basement casting lightning spells on statues so we can go up some more job levels".

I want to see it done right sometime.  Although I think that's kind of, vaguely, almost what Guild Wars was supposed to do.  Kinda?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2010, 03:04:28 pm »

Well, let's see your options. For programming games, I really don't see fantasy happening, but you can build gladiator robots in RoboForge (that game you thought about with a Spore-like designer). NERO, or rather OpenNERO is a good choice for generic AI creating, because the results can actually be fun to look at. But I think you'll find the most fun with MindRover:Europa Project, which is basically a game about stuffing electronic components onto a rover (think RC car minus the RC), and crafting an AI with a modular interface. Game modes include, but are not limited to, team fortress, capture the flag, hot potato, and deathmatch. And racing. And king of the hill. And god knows what else, the community has thought up too many things to count. It's really fun if you're into that kind of games.

An example of MindRover in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac5RFygx_Iw
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 03:08:50 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2010, 03:57:33 pm »

Just posting to second the Mindrover notion.
Pages: 1 2 [3]