Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 48

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 3: GAME OVER(about time, too).  (Read 75809 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(11/11): Day 1: Nobody Dead
« Reply #150 on: January 08, 2018, 12:50:16 pm »

Well Mr. passive aggressive, perhaps it would help you to look at what I say rather than demean me and skim by thought alone.
[You don't seemingly recall what you've said]
You may note that I explicitly referred to that post in that paragraph, proving that I do indeed recall what I said.
I am telling you that what I said does not imply that you are 'associated'.

I can also earnestly say that I have never been known to experience passive aggression.

Maximum spin, please explain this statement. How can you confirm this? Do you have a detective role?
Hm, I wouldn't call my role conventionally "detective", but it does involve getting answers to things, so in a way, yes. I knew you received a message from cultists because I was told this.

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #151 on: January 08, 2018, 12:57:44 pm »

So you're bandwagoning Maximum Spin enough to lynch him, but there's no one suspicious yet?
Yes. See below.
I have a question for both of you: Do you believe that Maximum Spin is actually scum, or just a disruptive townie that we would be better off without?
Option 2. As much I'd like to justify it by saying scum, odds are against that.

At the time of either of you voting, were you aware of the hammer system?
Yes. If I remember correctly, he would've been hammered by my vote or BHK's.
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 08, 2018, 12:58:14 pm »

Maximum Spin: Are you a Lie Detector style role, where you can determine if a statement is true or false?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 08, 2018, 12:58:37 pm »

Well Mr. passive aggressive, perhaps it would help you to look at what I say rather than demean me and skim by thought alone.
[You don't seemingly recall what you've said]
You may note that I explicitly referred to that post in that paragraph, proving that I do indeed recall what I said.
I am telling you that what I said does not imply that you are 'associated'.

I can also earnestly say that I have never been known to experience passive aggression.

Maximum spin, please explain this statement. How can you confirm this? Do you have a detective role?
Hm, I wouldn't call my role conventionally "detective", but it does involve getting answers to things, so in a way, yes. I knew you received a message from cultists because I was told this.
Interesting.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 08, 2018, 01:06:53 pm »

Maximum Spin: Are you a Lie Detector style role, where you can determine if a statement is true or false?
That reasonably resembles one of the abilities, yes.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 09, 2018, 12:12:21 am »

Maximum Spin
Is your role themed around "truth" in some way? Did you submit 2 articles and receive some sort of penalty to your role?

Imic
I am suspicious of Notquitethere, because during the night stage, I recieved a message saying that a cultist was whispering innmy ear, asking me to join. I do not intend to join any such institution, and I have not replied, but notquitethere was the first person to acknowledge me, by asking what I wanted to do differently this time around. I'm suspicous if him because of the way he said that. I can also successfully say that you are not the cult finder, since you voted to lynch me, when you could have reccruited me properly tonight if I survived.
Now I have RL stuff to do.
That wasn't notquitethere. That was me.

Imic - Hiya! What do you believe was your biggest mistake in the last mafia game you played and how do you intend to avoid that mistake again?

I think you must have misunderstood when I quoted you here. In that quote, you originally were responding to NQT's inquiries regarding your suspicions about me, not accusing him of those suspicions.

Are you actually suspicious of NQT instead of me? Or was this a mistake you made because of the reasons you listed here?

Also, you never answered my question. What do you think of Maximum Spin?

kingawesume
So you're bandwagoning Maximum Spin enough to lynch him, but there's no one suspicious yet?
Yes. See below.
I have a question for both of you: Do you believe that Maximum Spin is actually scum, or just a disruptive townie that we would be better off without?

1. Why did you think it was unlikely that Maximum Spin was scum?
2. Why did you knowingly hammer someone you thought was likely to be a townie? If you had held back, we would have had more time to scum hunt during Day 1. We could always have lynched him at Day's end if we didn't uncover anyone else more scummy.

Insert witty signature here

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 09, 2018, 12:35:07 am »

Tiruin
Also what is anyone's understanding of 'Majority vote' mean in terms of quantity? I counted 7 who voted Maximum Spin and thought that was when the hammer technically fell.
Since there are 11 players here, I assumed that would be 6 in this case.  According to this website, one of the definitions of majority is:
c. a number or percentage equaling more than half of a total
6 is more than 50% of 11, so it would be the majority count.

juicebox
You said here that you thought that Maximum Spin was town. Do you still believe that? Do you think anyone else is suspicious?

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 09, 2018, 01:20:16 am »

Miscellaneous Thoughts
I'm inclined to believe that Imic is telling the truth regarding the cult. That bit of flavor he quoted looked genuine. Based on what he described, it sounds like the cult leader has to ask people to join instead of forcefully converting them. That sounds like it could be a penalty from submitting two articles. Or it's just necessary to keep the cult balanced. I'm not sure yet.

Also knowing FoU, he'll mod-extend this due to sickness and unavailability of votecount.
I hope so. I'd prefer that the Day not end early. I'll have much more free time for analysis and scum hunting during Wednesday and Thursday.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 09, 2018, 01:25:54 am »

Is your role themed around "truth" in some way? Did you submit 2 articles and receive some sort of penalty to your role?
uhhh, kinda? It's also themed around not telling people what my role is, though.
I'm being 100% serious about that.
I did not submit 2 articles! I barely know enough about tvtropes to submit one.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 09, 2018, 01:32:05 am »

uhhh, kinda? It's also themed around not telling people what my role is, though.
I'm being 100% serious about that.
I did not submit 2 articles! I barely know enough about tvtropes to submit one.
Huh, okay. I asked because I thought that what you posted earlier here...

Maximum Spin
I had a question for you here.
You sure did!

I don't always answer just any question, you know. :P

But here, in return, I will precommit to answer one (1) question from you, the next that you ask, truthfully.
...might have been part of some sort of posting restriction. Are you required to make this offer and then provide a true answer?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 09, 2018, 01:36:42 am »

Not because of my role, no. That's 100% personal philosophy right there.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 09, 2018, 01:58:35 am »

Quote from: FoU profile
Local Time:
    January 09, 2018, 01:47:20 am
Last Active:
    January 06, 2018, 11:51:36 am
Man :-\ this ain't good. We're rolling under sickness of a mod right now.

Best to make the time count!

Not because of my role, no. That's 100% personal philosophy right there.
I wish I was also given this respect. u_u But I am grateful for the answers to my questions o_o even if in one of them it sounded a lot like snarkasm.

Miscellaneous Thoughts
I'm inclined to believe that Imic is telling the truth regarding the cult. That bit of flavor he quoted looked genuine. Based on what he described, it sounds like the cult leader has to ask people to join instead of forcefully converting them. That sounds like it could be a penalty from submitting two articles. Or it's just necessary to keep the cult balanced. I'm not sure yet.

Also knowing FoU, he'll mod-extend this due to sickness and unavailability of votecount.
I hope so. I'd prefer that the Day not end early. I'll have much more free time for analysis and scum hunting during Wednesday and Thursday.
Imic got backed up by Max here. :P Given their behaviors and otherwise (my notes and their interactions), I'd believe them. Alongside the unspoken idea of 'do I claim there's a cult now or later', I'm wondering if it was explicitly said it was a cult-alignment who did that. (I mean given the BYOR, it could be a cult-themed one, like Mephansteras' "Devil" in Paranormal, which has the theme of 'asking' for great power)

Ever thought about asking people--as in 'everyone'--a direct 'are you scum', and then picking the person you'd like to lie detect from there?

Yes. See below.

Err, if you think someone is town, even as unhelpful as they are at the moment, anyone has unsaid abilities and other actions that they can do to help their wincon. Unhelpful town being dead, is best off done later...like, not on D1 ._.

Do you have reads on other people that approach a similar degree of scuminess, kingawsume?
Or is there something about Maximum Spin that pushed him to be a priority to hammer-lynch for the near-future?

BHK, juicebox, Silthuri: I haven't heard from you much, lately. What are your ideas towards other people? This would be expected either today or tomorrow (because the mod may be out of commission due to sickness despite hammerfall, and usually the rule for hammers is 'do not speak when after the hammer has fallen'...which goes for everyone who missed it until the topic was brought up :P )

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 09, 2018, 02:16:20 am »

I've been avoiding speaking because of the hammer and we usually aren't supposed to keep discussing after it falls. And it still feels wrong for me to do so. :v

Are you saying today or tomorrow in terms of real time or mafia time Tiru?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 09, 2018, 02:44:46 am »

Mafiatime Sil ._. I've been pretty ambivalent too about talking due to the hammer but yeah. x_x

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 09, 2018, 02:49:37 am »

Ever thought about asking people--as in 'everyone'--a direct 'are you scum', and then picking the person you'd like to lie detect from there?
Doesn't work like that.

You also said you wanted a free question, so go ahead.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 48