Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 60

Author Topic: Bay 12 Mafia - Game Over - The Computer's Revenge  (Read 66949 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Day 1 - The Game Begins
« Reply #300 on: September 26, 2009, 05:24:32 am »

Ah, so you're willing to answer questions Pandar? That's good, why don't you start with the one Dakarion asked you some pages back?

Pandasenic.  Hey Panda.  What's up?  How are you feeling about what's going on.  Since you don't remember why you want Person dead I imagine you have a new suspect lined up. 

It's the least you could do.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 26, 2009, 05:41:26 am »

1) Cheeetar is on crack
2) Mr.Person appears to be trying to link himself to other people for some reason?
3) Mr.Person jumped on what I now consider to be a legit point by Dakarian.
4) Dakarian's not dumb enough to try such a weak attempt against a confirmed townie.
5) I need to avoid letting Dak's defense of me (and compliments) cloud my judgment - defending townies is a simple scum tactic made all the easier by scum's knowledge of alignments.

I'm suspicious of Cheeetar - I don't understand why he would stand so firmly by such weak "evidence." He should know better. Anyone should know better, really.

As for my silliness - anyone who has played with me knows I run a much more tightly controlled scum game; I refuse to leave any slack, because I enjoy playing scum more. I'm more thorough, more thoughtful.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 26, 2009, 05:52:40 am »

As for my silliness - anyone who has played with me knows I run a much more tightly controlled scum game; I refuse to leave any slack, because I enjoy playing scum more. I'm more thorough, more thoughtful.

There are some points worth questioning, but I think this is a particularly egregious one.

I see this as a painfully weak defense of your behavior. This is because, in my mind, you're using perceived metagame knowledge of yourself to argue that you aren't scum, which feels out of place. It feels out of place because this is the type of thing other people would use to defend you, as opposed to you using to defend yourself.

It's fallacious and contrived, is what I'm trying to say.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 26, 2009, 05:54:03 am »

Thanks to Chaotic for beating me to the punch on bringing back that question.

@ Pandar

Don't be so fast with that bit about me.  I just don't like the whole "He messed with the role text" argument that Cheetar is betting the farm on. 

"I" poked at you for not really doing much scumhunting lately.  Your analysis post isn't much better since there's no "that person is scum" ending.  Even your suspicion of Cheetar is a 'soft accusation'.  What I have against you isn't enough to lynch or daykill, but more pressure on you (NEW pressure) would help.

Btw, declaring your own meta-game ruins the town tell.  Now that I know you know how your scum game works, I know that you can mess with it to hide better.  That actually adds to the argument that you are acting odd to push suspicion away from you.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 26, 2009, 05:59:49 am »

Fair enough. It only occurred to me recently, though.

Besides, it's a townie thing to do to point out that possibility. *WIFOMsplosion*

No, but honestly... Cheeetar, I can't judge whether he should be missing something this obvious or not. I think he might be scum, but I'm willing to bet our day's lynch on Mr.Person being scum before I'll put Cheeetar on the chopping block.

Vote is in case I forgot too earlier.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 26, 2009, 06:00:50 am »

To clarify: Cheeetar strikes me as stupid but not scummy.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #306 on: September 26, 2009, 07:28:11 am »

Great Pandar... just bandwaggon... Then you're going to wonder why I think you're on the scum pool...  ::)
Quote from: Pandar
No, but honestly... Cheeetar, I can't judge whether he should be missing something this obvious or not. I think he might be scum, but I'm willing to bet our day's lynch on Mr.Person being scum before I'll put Cheeetar on the chopping block.
Why "are you willing to be on Mr.Person being scum"?

Your waggon hop is actually no better than Boksi's or Archangel's...

anyway... I'm leaving to a code camp event (I'm going to find out if Microsoft is scum :P) soon so I'll just remind you guys that

I CAN ONLY HAMMER KILL THE PLAYER WHO IS LEADING THE VOTES! 
As it stands.  That's clearly Mr.Person.  Who I'm probably not gonna kill.  I'm gonna let you guys lynch him and be done with it. 

Also, those who want me to kill Mr.Person... If I do... who do we lynch, then?  Because we are not gonna have much time left to decide.  Will Mr.Person's flip greatly affect your suspicions?

See ya.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 26, 2009, 08:13:17 am »

Also, those who want me to kill Mr.Person... If I do... who do we lynch, then?  Because we are not gonna have much time left to decide.  Will Mr.Person's flip greatly affect your suspicions?

See ya.

Yes, Mr.Person's flip WILL greatly effect my suspicions. You see Alex, there's a viewpoint I don't think you've addressed properly: the possibility that YOU'RE scum.

Ever since I learned of your ability to daykill, I've been worried of your alignment, and for good reason. Without hesitation, you used your daykill on WA. I'll admit that I also thought he was suspicious, but it felt very odd how one of your justifications was, paraphrased "To use it early, because a scum would hold it back for lylo", which I found odd, since, while you were honest about it, you clearly knew the ramifications of a scum holding this power, and you showed marked interest in not appearing suspicious...

Now, with this debacle with Mr.Person, you're pretty much outright refusing to kill him. Your justification for this is based on your metagame knowledge of him, and while I don't want to be rude, that still seems a bit flimsy to me. You then say that if you and him were paired together as scum, you wouldn't dare be so bold as to actually defend him, citing that 'you're too smart for that', which also seems flimsy.

Now, this has me a bit... curious. You see Alex, you're a really tough read and a good strategist, and with a role as good as yours, I'd go as far as to say that determining your alignment is actually more important than determining Mr.Person's. So I'm very curious as to what Mr.Person's alignment is, as it'll greatly effect my suspicions of you.

Do you understand?

Of course, if you still refuse, might I ask who you'd prefer to use your power on?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 26, 2009, 08:23:36 am »

Pandarsenic, please note that I'm not actually voting for you. I was voting for you, earlier, but then I noticed that you weren't lurking and other people didn't seem to believe all caps and lots of exclamation marks was in any way suspicious.

I was confused as to why you worded it that way. It seemed a conscious choice to word it that way, so I wondered if you had a motive for wording it that way.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 26, 2009, 08:46:24 am »

Also, everyone, Mephansteras is scum. Alexhans, if you're going to hammer someone DON'T HAMMER HIM!

Hammer... I dunno. Whoever you think is scum.

Wait... what? You think Meph is scum but you don't want Alex to day kill him?
Well, it's fairly role related.

You know what's funny: No one is listening to me, the confirmed townie, and are rather more focused on yourselves. Why is that? Why is no one asking me questions about people?

Hmm? Or are you just not going to care?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 26, 2009, 08:52:20 am »

Also, everyone, Mephansteras is scum. Alexhans, if you're going to hammer someone DON'T HAMMER HIM!

You know what's funny: No one is listening to me, the confirmed townie, and are rather more focused on yourselves. Why is that? Why is no one asking me questions about people?

I'm here WA. Can you explain again why Meph is scum?

Do you have any opinions on other people?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 26, 2009, 08:56:51 am »

I'm here WA. Can you explain again why Meph is scum?

Do you have any opinions on other people?
I did. He plays the Questionnaire Game as scum, and that's what he's doing. He's also got a laid-back attitude, which is also something he does. Funny thing is, in Vote Mafia 3, I made him scum to watch what he does, in the case I ever am against him. Yes, I'm just that evil. And I get a small feeling (Not as pronounced, but it's there) that he's scum.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 26, 2009, 09:07:18 am »

I see, so what you're saying is this is a hunch? Might I ask what the "Questionnaire Game" is?

Do you have any other hunches? Because you're in the most perfect position to lord over everyone, and I'm surprised you have limited your lording.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 26, 2009, 09:29:17 am »

Hah, I know why scum Alexhans doesn't want to day-kill scum Mr.Person.  So we can't kill two scum in one day.  :-D

Also, to avoid any confusion with my vote:

Unvote.

Vote Mr.Person.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 26, 2009, 09:40:43 am »

Well, this helps if people send me what their role does instead of just their role, but I dislike Archangel as well. Mostly because he's not very helpful either.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 60