Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 60

Author Topic: Bay 12 Mafia - Game Over - The Computer's Revenge  (Read 66950 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Day 3 - In Mafia, Noone Can Hear You Scream...
« Reply #750 on: October 09, 2009, 05:59:14 pm »

Hmm... dakarian, you make excellent points... Now I'm simply confuzzled. If it's not you, then it's one of chaoticjosh or Mr.Person... Those people that weren't listed are, 95% sure, not mafia.

So, just pick and choose. I'll make sure we get at least one tomorrow.

Why you're saying voting Boksi is bad... I dunno. Why are you? Is he automatically scum? He hasn't been proven.

But, I'll give you this. We'll lynch Boksi. Because I have a plan.

But, you have to promise not to post more than once Tomorrow. Okay? Promise? If you post more than that, we'll simply automatically lynch you. ;)

Can you agree to that? You better save it for a good long post... Oh, and before you say I can't do this: I can! Mostly because I'm gaining more proven townies every night! Anyhow, back to business.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: October 09, 2009, 06:12:39 pm »

Boksi.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: October 09, 2009, 06:22:14 pm »

That's fine, Boksi's been fairly scummy anyways. Unvote and vote Boksi. I've been trying to get a reaction out of Dakarian first, but whatever.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: October 09, 2009, 06:28:05 pm »

One post.... oh..

i understand.  one post.. no more tomorrow. 

While I can still talk, Web, should I do an analysis of Frelock?  I havn't gotten to him yet.  Also, if there's anyone else you want me to check just ask.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: October 09, 2009, 06:36:38 pm »

One post.... oh..

While I can still talk, Web, should I do an analysis of Frelock?  I havn't gotten to him yet.  Also, if there's anyone else you want me to check just ask.

I think you can still freely PM and count as only making one post. We should probably get confirmation on that first, however. So, if you want extra posts tomorrow, just PM Webadict/everybody and have somebody else post what you want to say.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: October 09, 2009, 06:59:40 pm »

Yes.  Boksi lynch is an OK lynch with me.

Unvote.

Vote Boksi.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: October 09, 2009, 07:01:23 pm »

Sadly, dakarian, there's not much to analyze.  My fault, I'm afraid.  You'll find a couple of incomplete analyses, mainly because I'm trying to think of why I feel a person is scummy and just am not coming up with anything.  The only thing of real insight I've said was why Josh's gift of a confirmed townie to us was a null-tell.

While I'm still not convinced that you are town (the "giving up" always gets under my nerves), I'm willing to follow web's plan.  It's clear what he's doing, and it's a good idea.  I for one am quite willing to follow it.  Boski

Also, your analyses thus far are all well thought out and support from the text is given.  Josh's reaction to your observations I find defensive, almost too defensive.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: October 09, 2009, 07:31:41 pm »

As for your analysis.. it's messy but who knows.  When I started I thought that Zaithe was scummy, Person was neutral, and Josh was town.

As for 'giving up'  It's something to expect.  I ignore random votes (or try to).  I defend against accusations.  I answer questions.  Lastly, if I feel I'm about to die, I stop defending myself and turn to 'analysis dump' style hunting. 

Key is: I don't have to live to win.  I just need the scum to lose.

Even with my analysis, I'm still short a scum.  Diakron is up in the air, you're neutral.. if it's neither of you then there's a very sneaky mafia out there.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: October 09, 2009, 08:05:58 pm »

good news: i can type (well with 2 fingers anyways) with my left hand again YAY!

Bad new: OMFG CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME TO COME OUT (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borderlands_(video_game) ) it is driving me literally insane i dont eat i can't sleep, i cant even concentrate on gaming all i want is for October 20 to finally come around!!!!

sorry i forgot what i wanted to say :(
Back to Mafia with me!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: October 09, 2009, 10:48:21 pm »

One post.... oh..

Do whatever you want. I ain't gonna stop you. Also, you should be safe for tonight.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: October 09, 2009, 10:59:51 pm »

Thank you for that very insightful post, Diakron. You addressed all of my concerns about you in a very concise and intelligent manner. I unvote Diakron and will be hopping on the Boksi wagon at my earliest convenience.

Yeah...No. I'm keeping my vote on you, Diakron, at least until you actually give some answers. Don't try and evade questions and derail with some comment about a game. Though it does sound like you're experiencing some difficulties with your hand (?), you need to actually provide coherent and relevant responses to various questions. But once again, my vote doesn't really matter, as there's already a good number of people voting for Boksi.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: October 09, 2009, 11:27:13 pm »

Thank you for that very insightful post, Diakron. You addressed all of my concerns about you in a very concise and intelligent manner. I unvote Diakron and will be hopping on the Boksi wagon at my earliest convenience.

Yeah...No. I'm keeping my vote on you, Diakron, at least until you actually give some answers. Don't try and evade questions and derail with some comment about a game. Though it does sound like you're experiencing some difficulties with your hand (?), you need to actually provide coherent and relevant responses to various questions. But once again, my vote doesn't really matter, as there's already a good number of people voting for Boksi.
Good call. Also, I'm going to post some fairly incoherent things, just so you know:

If Boksi is scum, Mr.Person is town.
If Mr.Person is scum, Boksi is town.

Got it?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: October 10, 2009, 12:02:35 am »

As a logician, I note that you say nothing of the case when Boski or Mr. Person is town.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: October 10, 2009, 12:33:36 am »

As a logician, I note that you say nothing of the case when Boski or Mr. Person is town.
Because this only applies if either is scum. If neither are, meh. Doesn't work. This is simply putting out a nice if then statement for everyone.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: October 10, 2009, 09:58:21 am »

Boksi stirs for a moment as the computer announces the latest votecount.  He looks in horrified silence at it, but for some reason does not speak.

Mr.Person - Diakron
ToonyMan - chaoticjosh
Diakron - Zaithemaster
Boksi - Dakarian, webadict, Cheeetar, Mr.Person, ToonyMan, Frelock

Day ends in about 48 hours.  I will take day shortening requests, if you so wish.  And yes, you can make pms without them counting as posts.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 60