Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1796495 times)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.6 NEW: ASCII & JollyBastion Tileset
« Reply #2745 on: March 15, 2012, 11:18:28 am »

Secondly, and I apologize if this is a common or documented occurrence, but, well, this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It took me four or five times rereading that to realize "Crossbowman" was just chillin' there. I was too busy imagining a goblin allergic to his own skin.
gotta love random bugs...

First and foremost, I'd like to thank you for providing me with one of my favorite mods. Makes me wish I had wheelbarrows full of money I could pour down the gullets of the great Toady and the fantastic modding community we have.
Can i request you don't forcefully choke Toady and all of the modders? it may slow down development a bit  :P

Kalithor123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: March 15, 2012, 12:35:25 pm »

hey ! nice progress so far!

is it possible to mod out or reduce the TANTRUM SPIRAL???  :)

every fortress is dying in a tantrum spiral. i mean only 5 dorfs are dying in a battle, and the rest of 100 are running berserk or they become idiots, this is not realistic (ok, ok i know... THIS IS DWARF FORTRESS!!!)  :)

UnkemptArmada

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: March 15, 2012, 01:02:13 pm »

I just wanted to post and say the building guides are fantastic! Great layout and aesthetic, and they really encourage me to "jump in" and start playing around with the workshops (most all of which I usually turn off for simplicity's sake.)

laovel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: March 15, 2012, 01:09:40 pm »

To repeat most posters..THANK YOU for the awesomeness mod.

Not sure if this is you or "our Toady" but I had a hidden necromancer in my original 7 last night...he reviled himself in the first summer of my fort.  That was quite a surprise.  My fastest abandonment to date...thought I'd share that little FUN.

L.

------
Waiting for DF2010....

Cato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: March 15, 2012, 01:40:39 pm »

Not a major issue but I thought I'd mention it's a little strange how you can make soap armorplates in the armory workshop and since the upgraded armor takes it's material from only the armor it means soap armorplate + steel breastplate -> steel platemail  :D.

I think changing
   [REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:NONE:NONE] to [REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:NONE]
might be appropriate. For my fort i actually made a few custom reactions (see below) so I could control what the armorplates were made of. They certainly restricted the bars to the appropriate metal, not sure if METAL:NONE would mean all metal bars or if it wouldn't work though.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Geekkake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: March 15, 2012, 02:08:35 pm »

Stonecutter needs to make stone cages.

PROTEST

OCCUPY PISSBRASS

Edit: Does Stonecutter use mason or stonecrafter?

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: March 15, 2012, 02:13:06 pm »

every fortress is dying in a tantrum spiral. i mean only 5 dorfs are dying in a battle, and the rest of 100 are running berserk or they become idiots, this is not realistic (ok, ok i know... THIS IS DWARF FORTRESS!!!)  :)

Even assuming he could do that, do you think he wants to given he just fucking added TELEPORTING FACEHUGGERS THAT LAY EGGS IN YOUR DWARVES?

Yeah, exactly. Now man up.

Oh sorry I forgot:  :)   :)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: March 15, 2012, 02:45:52 pm »

think of it this way, are they more likely to snap from 5 people dying if they live in the dirt and rough caves? or if they live in smooth, wonderfully engraved masterworks of dwarven engineering?
buff up your dining room with some statues and engravings, get them some individual rooms(communal 4 dwarf 5x5s work), and make a mist generator, never again will you have a tantrum spiral.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2753 on: March 15, 2012, 03:24:55 pm »

In the entire time I played Dwarf Fortress, I only ever had ONE tantrum spiraling fort. And that was with evil rain that made people drink vomit and slime all day long.

I was planning for an optional EASIER TANTRUMING (as in: more easy to start a spiral) button. I could also make the opposite of course, but I dont think I will. It includes changing the mental stats, no problem. :)

Even assuming he could do that, do you think he wants to given he just fucking added TELEPORTING FACEHUGGERS THAT LAY EGGS IN YOUR DWARVES?
Still waiting for the testresults. Btw the damn gem scarabs dont work, since they use itemcorpse for dropping gems, but they have no corpse, only "gem scarab chunk". Have to change those. But I really like the facehuggers, I might trim down the syndrome a bit, and after testing move them to the optional vermin of course.

Stone cages... nope. Cagetraps are way too easy. Uses stonecutter skill btw, as posted in the building guide for it.

Not sure if this is you or "our Toady" but I had a hidden necromancer in my original 7 last night...he reviled himself in the first summer of my fort.  That was quite a surprise.  My fastest abandonment to date...thought I'd share that little FUN.
That was me :)

No one had any random vomit-plague yet ? I am disappoint.

NEW: Trader/Merchant Building. More custom tradegoods.
- Custom tradegoods like what? Rock crafts? Race-exclusive armor/weapons?
 NEW: Fishing Pond / Magma Fishing Pond.
- Indoor fishing?
 BALANCING: Frost Giants, Automatons & Cave Civs.
- Make them stronger/weaker?
 OVERHAUL: Better Creature Research Lab
- ?
 TEST: Slaves 2.0: Convert captured invaders. (Possible?)
- Convert to what?
Traders selling crates full of steel bars(10) or "full set of steel armor" including helm, shield, breastplate, greaves and boots (custom gloves dont work because of handedness bug) or "box of ammo" and "box of muskets" Something like that. Buy a "trap kit", get 5 mechanisms, 2 cages and 3 spikes. You have to unpack (or pay taxes) at a custom building for it, but that can easily be fitted in the lore of DF. Tax collector taking 500 coins for each imported crate of goods.

Fishing: Yep, custom buildings for indoor fishing. You need same fancy building mats (water, glass boxes, raw fish) and can make you own fishing pond. On waterless/fishless maps this could mean you import it, build the fishing pond and your fisherdwarves are not completely useless. I had that problem a lot, useless fisherdudes. Damn them.

Balancing Giants&Automatons: Make them better. With the interactions I can remove the guns from automatons and make give them different shooting abilities for different castes, they drop no more loot, have maybe negative interactions, since they are steampunky and dont always work as intended... frost giants would be nerfed a bit, but get more ice related things. I already changed them a bit, they now have icycle swords, a "cold dead heart" that kills them if destroyed and the melt easier. And feel pain.

Better Creature Lab: Currently it uses 1 essence for 1 legendary. How about different corpses/corpseparts for different megabeasts, similar to the wanderers friend update Lofn did ? And give the building a use in peacetimes.

Slaves 2.0: Taming caught invaders, having friendly guard goblins. (doenst work on frostgiants obviously)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Iodinium

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: March 15, 2012, 03:39:24 pm »

Just embarked on a biome where it rains dwarf blood. Does anyone know if I can use this in an altar to armok?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: March 15, 2012, 03:42:54 pm »

was anything from civ forge implemented?  Such as some of the enemy civs?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2756 on: March 15, 2012, 03:57:16 pm »

You cant catch the raining blood. But you can extract blood from meat/bodyparts in the kitchen now and use it. (might be unbalanced though, too easy)

And no, nothing from civ forge. People voted against the Xelics, and I only found the alchemy system interesting, but it will take a while to do anything like this.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Kalithor123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: March 15, 2012, 04:07:43 pm »

:o really???

think of it this way, are they more likely to snap from 5 people dying if they live in the dirt and rough caves? or if they live in smooth, wonderfully engraved masterworks of dwarven engineering?
buff up your dining room with some statues and engravings, get them some individual rooms(communal 4 dwarf 5x5s work), and make a mist generator, never again will you have a tantrum spiral.

mmmh, now i see my mistake, for a long time now i turn on every labor in the therapist for every dorf. so someone is always there to start a job, like ants or so...  but by that there are less masterwork engravings and so on...
and i never have statues in the dining room, i will try that!

In the entire time I played Dwarf Fortress, I only ever had ONE tantrum spiraling fort. And that was with evil rain that made people drink vomit and slime all day long.

well i think i lost like 20 forts in this way......   :D

btw, which bridge material is turret save? ahem.... ::)

I was planning for an optional EASIER TANTRUMING (as in: more easy to start a spiral) button. I could also make the opposite of course, but I dont think I will. It includes changing the mental stats, no problem. :)

okeeey  ;D but this option i would not turn on... so please if you have time (hehe) make a HARDER TANTRUMING option!
i hope the tips of bombzero will help.

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: March 15, 2012, 04:11:56 pm »

Thanks for elaborating on the poll choices.

Voted for:
Trader/Merchant Building. More custom tradegoods.
Fishing Pond / Magma Fishing Pond.

;p

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2759 on: March 15, 2012, 04:16:33 pm »

Tantruming can be avoided very easily, by lavish meals, masterwork booze, legendary dining hall, and most importantly: never have idles. If they work they can make no friends. No friends means no bad thoughts when people die. Or make a kitten waterfall (in contrast to another waterfall) and make everyone used to death and violence.
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 749