Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 115232 times)

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #360 on: February 06, 2020, 08:06:58 pm »

"Quite frankly the logical conclusion would be to move the village. Xanios seems to think it has something to do with a disgruntled elemental. Wants to destroy everything that isn't part of the forest. Some of the beasts it controls were in very poor condition when I examined them. I mean, they shouldn't have been able to stand, let alone attack anything.

I don't claim to know anything of elementals. Do you know what would happen to the forest if we destroy the elemental?
"
"Normally speaking, elementals return to their surrounding once dispersed unless if the energy is specifically siphoned immediately after destruction. In the former case it wouldn't take long for another - or several smaller ones - to start forming, in the latter case the specific element on the area will be weakened for quite some time but ultimately will recover. Since elementals only form at dense concentration of magical energy in the first place."

Evacuation... It does seem to be the obvious solution, if that's the case. All of this infrastructure can be rebuilt instantly in any other location, unless...

Dixie turns from her half-finished meaty egg noodles and to Lucy. "Is there something in this village that prevents everyone from evacuating? Aside from their houses and all that."
"It's the Company's presence that reassures the villager, for the most part. It would've disappeared without and the people left didn't have anywhere else to go. Xanios is doing a thesis on natural magic anomaly and this forest have one of the densest mana concentration within a thousand miles. Changing the research focus isn't feasible since he need to meet the Magisterium's deadline, or so I'm told."

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 06, 2020, 09:44:37 pm »

"There's always somewhere else to go..." Dixie said, mostly to herself, as she continued eating.
I have a YouTube channel.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 06, 2020, 09:45:41 pm »

Jacks face hardened and looked sour.

Forest spirits are things OF the forest, they wouldn't do things to upset their own lifeforce. Doing this to animals doesn't make sense. It makes about as much sense as farmers going "Oh, my crop was SOOOOO GOOOD this year, I think I will pour salt in my soil!"

He shook his head irritably.

More likely some fool magician trying to cash in on there being strong magic here, throwing everything out of balance, or worse, experimenting on the creatures. Thesis on the magic eh? Could be harmless, could be rotten too... People study things just before they decide they want to steal everything for themselves, more often than not.

He noticed he was making a grimace, and consciously suppressed it-- did not want to frighten mama by barring teeth. He still felt right mad enough to chew iron and spit nails though.  The very idea---

Then again.. he thought If I was a damn fool on the receiving end of an angry forest spirit, I probably wouldn't tell the difference between healthy animals rushing in with clear purpose in their heads-- and sick ones, acting like they had rabies, biting and snarling out of pain and suffering either. Results the same from their end.

He looked down at mama, fat and full of food, and half-rolled over. She was looking for a place to take a nap. He really wanted to join her; Today had been damned stressful-- but if the comments made here were right-- and this was some kind of magical corruption that was simultaneously destroying the animals inside, while keeping them alive at the same time, how could either he OR mama know what was going on? Hell-- I could start affecting people at some point. For all he knew, the both of them could start just falling apart at some point, and be none the wiser before then-- After all, he had been living in a forest not unlike this one for many years-- Only wandered in here by chance-- Maybe he was being affected, and just didnt know it.

He needed answers, not lame excuses.

He pushed away from the table abruptly, right in the middle of the meeting. He apologized to Mama, who was put out by having to get up; It made him feel bad-- He really wanted to just lay down beside her under a nice shade tree and sleep the food off too; It would have been a great way to spend the afternoon-- but if something was eating her from the inside and replacing it with mysterious magical green goo, he was gonna find a way to stop it, Find a way to properly identify infection, and try to help this forest get back where it should be--- With healthy trees, happy fat animals, and abundant food-- the kind of natural paradise he always strove to leave behind him, and always tried to nurture before being kicked out by greedy human bastards who saw what was suddenly there, and thought that it should be theirs.

Damn was he angry today-- But seeing mama, more relaxed and happy, had this effect to make him happier himself. It had always been like this for the longest time--- Helping the critters get better, and get on with their lives, rather than suffering and dying from diseases, injuries or starvation, always put so much happiness inside him.  He was glad that wasn't gone, even in this den of idiots.

Putting his thoughts in order, and calming himself with that last happy note, he asked Mama to follow him, and set off to the apothecary.  That animal parts peddler would surely have more information about what was going on inside the critters here, simply because he dealt with their corpses as a product. Dark-- but it was a start.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 09:47:43 pm by wierd »

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 06, 2020, 10:29:53 pm »

"Hey, uhh sir," by which she meant Doak, but she didn't know his name, "I saw you've been analyzing the corpses earlier. What'd you mean by 'they shouldn't have been able to stand, let alone attack anything'? Are... are they zombies?""

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 06, 2020, 10:51:19 pm »

"Hey, uhh sir," by which she meant Doak, but she didn't know his name, "I saw you've been analyzing the corpses earlier. What'd you mean by 'they shouldn't have been able to stand, let alone attack anything'? Are... are they zombies?""

Whatever is affecting them seems to be concentrated around the central nervous system. Two of the wolves I examined...” he ponders for a moment, shaking his head in disbelief, “they showed signs of significant internal deterioration, their organs looked as though they had failed. I can’t be sure if this was prior to their... I guess “infection” is a reasonable term, given the growths in the brain and the significant regeneration of the nerves - or if the deterioration was a side effect of same.

I don’t think they are zombies, however. Puppets may be a better description, as I think whatever is causing this only needs them to be able to move and attack.

Doctor Doak sits quietly, staring at his food before suddenly mumbling.

If these creatures retain consciousness, it shows an exceptional level of cruelty...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 06, 2020, 11:06:53 pm »

Dixie rubbed her arms, bit creeped out by the notion. She continued to eat more of her noodles, then she remembered. "Wait, that infection in the brain..." She looked around. "Where'd that bear go?"

She then turned to "Luce, if the bear has it, could you..." then gestured a slow pulling from an invisible prop ball.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 06, 2020, 11:20:00 pm »

"Haven't tried on speciment that big, but I've healed the villagers' cattle. It's not a permanent fixture, they seemed to start developing the problem again within weeks but it does clean up their head. It's admirable for that man to keep the bear under control, it should be raving mad from pain and whatnot. Do find them, would you? Best get it done sooner than later."

Seems that Dixie would get to see that demonstration after all.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 06, 2020, 11:52:35 pm »

"Mmh, yep." Dixie slurps the last piece of noodle in her depleted bowl and empties her glass of water and goes... wait! "What's the name of that guy that bear's with? Oh, Jack. Thanks."

Upon exiting the inn, she spots the bear and Jack from a distance and runs to catch up to them. "Hey! You with the bear!"

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 07, 2020, 12:14:26 am »

Jack turned his head.  It was the "Sensible girl".  He kinda liked her.

Smart and feisty.

What'ya want lady?  --I'm busy.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 07, 2020, 12:18:09 am »

"Uh, about that bear... Is..." She breathed deeply. Not yet quite fully desensitized to sprinting after just having eaten. "Maybe we have a way to remove an infection in its head. Temporarily. I mean, i-if it has one. Does it have one? Like... I'm guessing, a headache?"
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 12:24:46 am by The Centipede »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 07, 2020, 12:30:05 am »

He could feel is eye bulge.

He KNEW they were holding out on him-- Ask at the damn meeting, get told that's what they hired HIM for, and blow him off....

He was aware of his face turning red, and he took a deep breath to hold it down.

What do you know about what's happenin-- TALK GIRL.

That came out harsher than he wanted... He wasn't in a good frame of mind.  People and their damn secrets.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 07, 2020, 12:44:47 am »

Dixie glared at the the old man. "Don't yell, will you?" She uttered as soft as she could. Her expression then turned to surprise, and then calm. "Sorry, it's just... a peeve... uh..."

She scratches her cheek.  "Something about the nervous system... Their brain and nerves regenerate while the rest of the body slowly dies, or something. It's preserving just enough to move and attack, it's nasty."

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 07, 2020, 12:50:19 am »

His face drained, replaced with shock and horror.  It was as he thought-- or, near enough.

And you say they's got a way te fix it, and they didna tell nobody-- even when I ASKED about it? he grumbled- trying hard to keep his tone under control.

...This is why I dont trust the damn humans... he muttered under his breath.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 07, 2020, 01:01:11 am »

"I think he failed to see the connection at first... But to be honest, psychoanalyzing him would be like climbing an upside-down mountain, he's so secretive." She turned to the side while still glancing at him. "So... Let's go?"

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 07, 2020, 01:08:12 am »

Jack took some calming breaths.  It was good news, and [expletive deleted] at the same time. He hated such things.  Agreed with the more simple views of animals more and more often.

Lead on girl. he gruffed, before looking into the bear's eyes, getting a bit of an irritated grunt from her, and the two turned around.

She don't like all this switchin' up where we headed. His eye narrowed a bit. Wants ta jus' lie down a bit, and sleep it off. --Caint say I blame 'er. You ever had a marching band crashing drums in your head, after a big meal?  Cause that's whats she feelin right now.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 142