Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 212304 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Selection
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2014, 01:21:02 am »

...Right, I'm blind. NQT was playing all along. >_> Bleh.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2014, 02:35:13 am »

Web: To continue Hapah's thing..can you expound what is 'evil'? Terminology and all.
e·vil
ˈēvəl/
adjective
adjective: evil

profoundly immoral and malevolent.
    "his evil deeds"
    synonyms:   wicked, bad, wrong, immoral, sinful, foul, vile, dishonorable, corrupt, iniquitous, depraved, reprobate, villainous, nefarious, vicious, malicious; More
    malevolent, sinister, demonic, devilish, diabolical, fiendish, dark;
    monstrous, shocking, despicable, atrocious, heinous, odious, contemptible, horrible, execrable;
    informallowdown, dirty
    "an evil deed"
    antonyms:   good, virtuous
        (of a force or spirit) embodying or associated with the forces of the devil.
        "we have been driven out of the house by this evil spirit"
        harmful or tending to harm.
        "the evil effects of high taxes"
        synonyms:   cruel, mischievous, pernicious, malignant, malign, baleful, vicious; More
        destructive, harmful, hurtful, injurious, detrimental, deleterious, inimical, bad, ruinous
        "an evil spirit"
        antonyms:   good, beneficial
        (of something seen or smelled) extremely unpleasant.
        "a bathroom with an evil smell"
        synonyms:   unpleasant, disagreeable, nasty, horrible, foul, disgusting, filthy, vile, noxious More
        "an evil smell"
        antonyms:   pleasant

noun
noun: evil

profound immorality, wickedness, and depravity, esp. when regarded as a supernatural force."the world is stalked by relentless evil"
synonyms:   wickedness, bad, badness, wrongdoing, sin, ill, immorality, vice, iniquity, degeneracy, corruption, depravity, villainy, nefariousness, malevolence; More

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2014, 05:55:45 am »

Yes teacher, I've read my assignment. :I

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2014, 08:02:45 am »

WELCOME CLASS

Good classmates, pat yourselves on the back, the best person for the job is confirmed town. You are not lost and alone in the dark, for I will shine a light and together we will eradicate this evil.

• We will all have titles: I am Class President. These are other roles I've counted so far: robot?, flirt, nerd, crown-wearer*, inquisitor. I already have theories about the possible nature of some of these other titles.
  • We have genders, I am Female. The Flirt, for instance, probably has to find an appropriately gendered target (probably male) to fulfil a third party wincon.
  • We have to give away our items. Be prepared to justify your choice of target in case of investigations and flips. 'I chose randomly' will not be an acceptable reason.
  • It's seriously in the interests of Team Not Evil to keep me alive .
  • If you're a useful member of the class, then don't let yourself get mislynched. This means playing proactively, asking questions, pursuing cases etc., rather than just playing defensively.
  • Pay attention in class! Give what Wuba says a close reading. Log who people vote. Keep notes on role claims and flips. But don't share any of this information if it can be used for evil by scum.

*This might be an item.

Wuba or Nerjin Are there flips in this game? Are items shown on flip? We have to give away our items before the end of the night, is this always successful or does it get interrupted when you die?

Toaster
NQT:  How will you leverage your confirmed townie status?
I'm going to try to push town to be as proactive and rational as they can. I'm not going to put up with bogus cases on my watch. I assume you closely read Wuba's game posts so far. Was there anything there that I missed worth mentioning?

Cheese
notquitethere: So you're confirmed Not Evil. If some strange circumstance occurred that would label you as Evil, what would you do?
If there was a cult, you mean? I'd continue to play to the best of my ability. Do you have any reason to believe there is a cult yet?

Wolf
NQT: You have had the "honor" of being the one chosen as the confirmed good guy.  Do you believe that this puts you at risk, even in a non-standard game like this.
Well, yes, I wouldn't be surprised if scum target me for a night actions. I'm going to try to make my day-game as productive as possible. This is the first game we've played together. do you know anything about any of the player's styles?

Walnuts
do you think you have a good grasp of what's going on?

Hapah
Wuba: Is NQT Confirmed Good or Confirmed Not Evil?
In case you can't read:
In case you can't read, notquitethere is your Class President, and who would ever elect a corrupt politician? so, she's totally Good.
Are all 3rd Parties Evil?
What makes you think there are evil third-parties?

Tiruin
NQT: "Mr President, sir, I've to ask-why did the teacher have time to write all that? What is holding him up?"
"MR President?! I've never been so insulted. Go sit at the back of the class!"
I don't think you've been paying sufficient attention to Wuba's posts. This doesn't necessarily mean you're scum, but this inattention is hardly going to help us find the evil doers. I'll be expecting a sharp improvement from here on in!

"Being totally not evil, could you explain if that is connected to...presidential powers, and can you tell how you were elected? I have a memory block. (Also, given the hammer-game, do you know if this is a kingmaker-type game?) ALSO, can you tell me how you're making the decisions, yet letting us decide for you?"
Wuba said there were seven votes to hammer. Now does that sound like a feature of a Kingmaker game to you? Also, I was elected to the esteemed position of class president mostly due to my humble origins and successful propaganda campaign.

What approach are you going to take to find scum in this game?

Darkstar
How are you going to apply lessons learned about self-presentation (and self-preservation) in this game?

Caz
I think I have a handle on what a scum Caz might look like. Do you think you'll try a different scumtactic in this game?

Leafsnail
I've got a theory about where the roles in this game are coming from. I'm probably wrong. Note that there's an Inquisitor and someone that looks like a Lover role and there's items just like in Roguelike. Could this be a synthesis-of-a-bunch-of-the-subforum-games game? What do think?

makeinu
This is probably a role heavy game, especially with the influence of the items. Very different from a BM. Do you feel you have a good understanding of what to do to win?

MyOwnWorstEnemy
I don't believe we've met. I want a three page essay on mafia theory and the meta-tells of every other player on my desk by the end of the day. Or, alternatively, just tell me a bit about yourself, your experience and your outlook on the game.

RangerCado
Howdy Ranger! Who's asked the least useful question in the game so far?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2014, 10:43:59 am »

4maskwolf: Haven't seen you before, but its a pleasure to have you here. What do you think is going to be the hardest part for the Town? The puzzle, or finding scum? And the opposite as well with what is going to be more difficult for the Mafia/rock mage guys.(?)

Caz, Hapah, NQT:
What would your preffered role be in this kind of game and why?

HissihnWalnuts:
Haven't seen you before either, but as always its a pleasure to see more people here. Which side would you prefer to be a part of in this game and why?

Leafsnail, makeinu, Tiruin:
Since we have a pretty much confirmed 3 player scum team, what kind of patterns may crop up among these three interacting and how would you use them to hunt?

mastahcheese, TheDarkStar, Toaster:
How big of an affect do you think the mentioned items will have on the game? Could they be the key to solving the puzzle, or a distraction for Town?

MyOwnWorstEnemy: What is your favorite town, mafia, and third party role? Why? And how do you like to use their abilities if any?

Wuba:
Are PMs allowed in this game? No mention in the OP and I checked twice to be sure.

RangerCado: You're Evil. Someone just Roleclaimed themselves as the cop or cop equivalent and claimed that you are Evil. What do you do?
This would depend on the situation of what other claims have come out, whether its mass claim time yet, and a couple other factors. Generally though, I would consult my Evil buddies about a course of action before reacting too much. If it was mass role-claim time on day 4 or maybe even 3, assuming that I have 1 other buddy, I would question as too why they hadn't claimed this sooner? Maybe try to see if they had been going after me at all during the rest of the game to see if I can find a chink in the story, then exploit it fully. If I can get another town killed before dying, its still a win. All assuming i'm Evil of course.

RangerCado
Howdy Ranger! Who's asked the least useful question in the game so far?
I would have to say Tiruin due to her not reading the OP very well and causing flood of posts from her... though it could be stress related if she has finals or something soon as mine finish today.

And as a general rule for me I will post atleast twice a day on this game as I am very active on other boards.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2014, 10:51:48 am »

NQT: All I know, from the on BM game I lasted half a day in, is that apparently MAstahCheese is an avid scumhunter as town.  No lurking there.
Now, what are you going to do about the fact that you are a big target for any kill roles.

RangerCado: Pleasure to meet you too.  I think that the scumhunt takes precedence, but... I'm reading through the OP and can't find any mention of a puzzle... can someone tell me what that means, it was mentioned at the beginning of the game.  For the mafia types, staying under wraps and not slipping up is the most important thing.  I'm actually not convinced that there aren't four mafia roles: just because there are at least three does not mean there aren't more.  Slightly-bastard game, so that wouldn't bu unheard of.
Also, who said there are mages?  As far as I know and NQT surmised in his rather hypothetical post of possible roles, there aren't any mages.  Are you, perhaps, a rock mage?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2014, 10:57:02 am »

Also, did you just lynch vote MOWE?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2014, 11:51:00 am »

Tiruin:
Toaster
Tiruin:  What would you do to someone you think is hunting scum too much to puzzle solve?
...Timeframe? Because I'd be querying his priorities--as in, poke at what exactly he's saying and, well, my action would generally be subjective however I'd revolve around the same thing I do to everyone-scumhhunting or not; poke poke poke. Query on their intent/motive, and context.

I figure there's something behind why you asked me such a question, yes?

Any point, really.  And fair enough.

Yes, there is.

Toaster: Thoughts on the introductory verse? A bit too macabre, huh.
Also I'd like to ask: How will you treat counterclaims and claims as a general tell?

Too macabre?  I love dark humor, so heck no!

Individually.  There's no hard and fast rule here, but typically the counter claim has a bit more weight.  I'd have to examine each one in particular, though.

NQT:
Toaster
NQT:  How will you leverage your confirmed townie status?
I'm going to try to push town to be as proactive and rational as they can. I'm not going to put up with bogus cases on my watch. I assume you closely read Wuba's game posts so far. Was there anything there that I missed worth mentioning?

Sounds fair.  I assume there will be plenty of vote analysis as well.  Do you think scum has caught on to your analyses yet and will try to manipulate them?

In the flavor?  Hmm... the Inquisitor is male.  I'm not sure what role gender plays here, but I'm sure it's relevant to at least something.

Ranger:
mastahcheese, TheDarkStar, Toaster: How big of an affect do you think the mentioned items will have on the game? Could they be the key to solving the puzzle, or a distraction for Town?

Somewhere in the middle.  As far as I can tell, they're essentially mobile role extensions of the players who start with them.  Without knowing their general power level, that's a tough question to answer.

4mask:
Also, did you just lynch vote MOWE?

Is that a problem?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2014, 12:24:26 pm »

Toaster: No, it isn't a problem. I just wasn't aware people launched lynch/hammer vote at each other this early.  Didn't seem to happen in the current BM. As for what you said, you know the general power level of at least one item, your own, so you do know about what level of power we are looking at here.

Everyone: What does everyone think of the 72 hour days. Will this make it easier or harder to find scum?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2014, 12:33:30 pm »

Toaster: No, it isn't a problem. I just wasn't aware people launched lynch/hammer vote at each other this early.  Didn't seem to happen in the current BM. As for what you said, you know the general power level of at least one item, your own, so you do know about what level of power we are looking at here.

Everyone: What does everyone think of the 72 hour days. Will this make it easier or harder to find scum?

The problem is that looking at a single item isn't enough.  What if the one you can see is the most or least powerful?  What if some are actually negative?  Who said I actually have one?

I hope it'll make people pay attention and get things done.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2014, 12:36:16 pm »

Toaster:  I believe that the mod said so, though I may be mistaken.

And you didn't fully answer the question. Will scum hunting be made easier of harder my the 72 hour time limit as opposed to, say, a 48.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2014, 01:00:40 pm »

4mark:  Oh, I thought you meant the different extension rule in place.  Anyway, 72 is pretty standard around here.  48 hour's a bit short for Bay12 style, so 72 would make it easier than 48.

Do you have a background in Mafia elsewhere?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2014, 01:02:48 pm »

Toaster
Not particularly.  Not in the same way it is played here, at any rate.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2014, 01:14:29 pm »

*pops head up from his desk, where he's been sleeping all this time*

HERE!!

*looks around sheepishly, grinning a charming grin*

Well! That is embarrassing!!

So. Many. Questions.  :( Seeing as I have currently time for one and one only, I shall, of course, answer the most important, that of our lovely class president. *waves coquettishly* Hi, beautiful. Where have you been all my life?

makeinu
This is probably a role heavy game, especially with the influence of the items. Very different from a BM. Do you feel you have a good understanding of what to do to win?

Why, it's really quite simple, in the end. Isn't it?

Find the selfish bastards that would interrupt the finding of one's true love and purpose in life, those Evil monsters who summoned up this great dinosaur smasher to end us all!

Sadly, all I have is a winning smile, a sense of humor, and a stylish hat, but that shall just have to do.

Now, I do have my homework *shuffles papers* somewhere around here *opens desk, spilling papers everywhere* Ah! Here it .... wait, sorry, that's my ... ah yeah, never mind.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2014, 01:44:15 pm »

PFP

Hapah
Wuba: Is NQT Confirmed Good or Confirmed Not Evil?
In case you can't read:
In case you can't read, notquitethere is your Class President, and who would ever elect a corrupt politician? so, she's totally Good.
I saw that. I also saw this, right at the top of the votecount.
notquitethere is Confirmed Not Evil.
They didn't say the same thing (Good or Not Evil), and it struck me as a little odd. Wubadub answered the question as "Yes", though, so I'll assume they're one and the same until proven otherwise.

Are all 3rd Parties Evil?
What makes you think there are evil third-parties?
It's related to the above. I put more weight on the Confirmed Not Evil since it was in the votecount and not the TL;DR for the flavor. If you weren't Evil (scum-team?), you could by Townie or 3rd Party. If all 3rd Parties were Evil, you couldn't be 3rd Party, so you'd definitely be town. Answer to the first question kinda makes it moot, though.

Quote from: RangerCado
Caz, Hapah, NQT: What would your preffered role be in this kind of game and why?
Some sort of information role (Cop, Tracker, Watcher, etc.) The further a game gets from "standard" roles and layouts, the more I want information.

More later
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 112