Poll

How do you use this mod?

This is how I play Dwarf Fortress!
I use pieces of it
I use it for modding examples
I don't, I was just curious
Other

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31

Author Topic: Civilization Forge Mod  (Read 78446 times)

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization Forge Mod
« Reply #420 on: December 28, 2009, 10:49:05 am »

This seems to be related to an issue I've had with Deon's ratmen graphics. Under 40d16, the magenta background didn't properly recolour, resulting in magenta all the time; under 40d, I got the graphical mess like in the first spoiler in jayseesee's post.

I had it with CivForge's hobgoblin graphics as well. But with the ratmen, I was able to work around it by opening the file, taking a screen shot, pasting and cropping into MS Paint, and resaving the file; with the hobgoblins at least, it hasn't worked for me now.

Just to confirm, Zinja - are you running 40d, rather than 40d16?
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

Ampoliros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 30, 2009, 05:44:53 am »

The problem with the hobgoblin graphics seems to be that the background magenta isn't properly magenta'd (it has to be 255-0-255, and it's not). A brief excursion into MSpaint can fix it, shouldn't take more than 5 minutes

jayseesee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 30, 2009, 02:01:41 pm »

Zinja, I will mod in a new deity so my dwarves can worship you.  THANK YOU!
I'd do that, but I don't think dwarves have words for "fair" or "logical".

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 31, 2009, 09:47:31 am »

Be warned that colouring the background black will mean that you won't see PROPER backgrounds(the brown background for prone creatures, the cyan one for those that are flying through the air, the red one for the dead).

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

jayseesee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 02, 2010, 07:52:00 am »

I'd rather see the correct sprites with incorrect status than green and white squiggles with correct status. =P  Any way to make it correct so that magenta would work though?
I'd do that, but I don't think dwarves have words for "fair" or "logical".

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 02, 2010, 03:16:36 pm »

Have you tried resaving as 24-bit bmps? That worked for the last tileset I experimented with.

Although I don't know about d16.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 02, 2010, 04:44:12 pm »

MS Paint seems to preserve whatever problem exists in these files.

The only way I found to get around it was, as mentioned, to open the file, take a screenshot, paste THAT into a photo editor, and carefully slice out the part I want, copy that into a new file, and save.

Ugly, but it gets the job done. Proper photo-manipulation programs might do better.

Khym Chanur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 13, 2010, 01:59:29 am »

Hmmm, when the vamari traded with me, they brought a lot of leather, but it wasn't in bins, just individual pieces.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 13, 2010, 02:12:09 am »

They live in tundra, where are they gonna get wood for bins? (this is the real reason)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 13, 2010, 10:51:20 am »

Yeah, they usually end up with towns that have some forests/swamps or whatever in their territory and have access to wood. But when they don't, they can't bring bins or anything else wooden.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

SugaSuga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 18, 2010, 12:55:01 pm »

So.... WHATS UP WITH SAND RAIDERS? They don't even wear armor but their soooo beast. Seriously, my first soldier I made a complete iron armor set ,varying at about 130 to 150 percent because of armoring skill, and the plate chest and leg peices were WARD iron. He goes out to stop a raider ambush and they somehow make him BLEED to death, not get struck down... So then I give his armor/ weapons (2 handed hammer thing, BTW I really like the two handed stuff) to another peasant who gets about one in game year to train, and next ambush as he walks out with his squad he gets an arrow which mangles both lungs AND his heart.  He didn't even hit anyone :). So he dies, the squad takes down the wrestlers, BUT when they go and get the bowman he breaks one bone in each guy, with his CROSSBOW.

Fun Mod, nice job. but really, how did you make them so tough?

Also, is a club a two handed mace? Because maces are my favorite weapon and Id love to see a champion wielding a two handed mace sending people flying  :D
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 01:47:09 pm by SugaSuga »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 18, 2010, 01:59:50 pm »

Uh, Sand Raiders are just nasty in your world, I guess. They don't have any special bonuses or anything. The only really interesting thing about them is that their sieges all show up hidden (like amubshes).

As for clubs, they're actually just lame maces. Kind of the way hand axes are worse then battle axes. I put them in for the more primitive races to use.

I could add in a two-handed mace, though. That'd be easy enough to do.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

SugaSuga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 18, 2010, 05:50:06 pm »

My military might just suck, or they got lucky....

[EDIT]: now they chopped off a sworddwarf's leg... needless to say HE bled to death. Lots of ambushes but no sieges yet :( my flooding chamber, hall of weapon traps, marksman's wall, mass soldier burial chamber/ statue garden, and siege operator training are coming along well though :)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 07:41:20 pm by SugaSuga »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 19, 2010, 01:43:06 pm »

Sounds like you could use more training for your soldiers. Or maybe assign them more war animals.
Come play Mafia with us!

SugaSuga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 23, 2010, 12:48:06 pm »

what are these cloud dancers things?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31