Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 218324 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 1
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2016, 09:28:55 am »

TheBiggerFish, the only reason I'm not voting you right now is that Starver and hector13 have contradictory claims. But as much as you would like to hide your role from scum...
I'm much more inclined to believe that you're town, anyway, because no other players have claimed power town.
~~~
Here's the deal, hector13. Our claims- WAIT A MINUTE.
2. Incidentally, you're assuming what alignment my role is without me actually saying. I'm Neutral, if you must know. Not sure why, as you say the traditional Miller is a pro-town role, but I can only take what I'm given, and have a guess at the rest.
You're neutral. Okay then hector13, how do you win?
~~~
In any case... assuming a lack of bastardy for this regard... we can only have one Town Weakness role or one Neutral. (If there turn up two Town Weakness roles or one Town Weakness and one Neutral or two Neutrals, or whatnot, well, at least we'll know for future rounds.)
I'm the Psychologist.
TBF is the Fireman.
Starver has claimed Town Weakness, Librarian, and you have claimed Neutral, Gas Station Attendant(being neutral doesn't even make that much sense for said role). See the issue? Only one player can be Town Weakness/Neutral. Two players have claimed Town Weakness/Neutral.
hector13, seriously. You're going to go after TBF while another player's claim directly contradicts yours? Yes, I'm aware I'm already voting you. This is just for emphasis(or just in case I moved my vote earlier and forgot about it).
~~~
~~~
Really, I think this game needs another player.  It's only winnable by a correct lynch D1 or by nolynch D1 and getting the right target D2.
I wouldn't be too surprised if another one turned up after a few rounds.
~~~
Also, I just realized something. This is a stream of 21 MYLO situations that all of us are going to play through. Marathon indeed- this game is going to have us be Mafia MYLO/LYLO experts by the time it's done!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2016, 10:02:52 am »

Starver, and perhaps FoU to some extent:

The exact roles in each game won't be revealed, but will rather follow this list of archetypes...

1 Evil role
 1 Investigative role
 1 Special Town role
 1 Neutral role or Town Weakness role

...with just enough deviation to keep you guessing!

If you guys want to lynch me based on how you think the game works, that's fine. Just make sure you know how the game works first, aye?

You're neutral. Okay then hector13, how do you win?

The other thing which suggested an arsonist is the antagonist is that I win by surviving, but being covered in gasoline. I think that may be why I get the false result from FoU's claimed Psychologist, as it's a little bit mental.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2016, 10:35:43 am »

If you guys want to lynch me based on how you think the game works, that's fine. Just make sure you know how the game works first, aye?
I doubt we'll 'know' until at least after the first few rounds.  Like (traditional, pre-Night 1) Day 1, we're expected to be in the dark.  After a few days (or, in this case, rounds) we'll start to get a proper handle on the situation.

I have theories (boy, do I have theories!) about how the whole game works, but I also have counter-theories that are possibly even mutually exclusive with the others.  I'm currently enjoying this game, while if I were in your position (objectively, even, not even making presumptions about your role-motives) I might be less so.

But next round I'm half expecting to be punished (by the emergent Bad Guy if I'm currently good and right, by my fellow Good Guys (and the new Bad Guy, under the guise of them being a Good Guy, if I'm not actually Bad next round myself) if I have ended up misleading you), just because I got lucky enough to come up with a viable theory this time round.  Meanwhile, you'll probably get sympathy (and not be expected to be the Bad Guy again).  Or maybe someone else will think this and turn the whole thing around whilst they try to turn the round to their own (nefarious) advantage.

But that's the future.  For now, I'm satisfied that I'm on the side of the greater good.  And perhaps we'll see in half an hour, if I have my timezones correct.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2016, 10:38:00 am »

The day ends in 30 minutes, but I won't be around then to officially on end it. Just keep in mind that once it gets to 8:00, further posting is prohibited.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2016, 10:44:19 am »

I doubt we'll 'know' until at least after the first few rounds.  Like (traditional, pre-Night 1) Day 1, we're expected to be in the dark.  After a few days (or, in this case, rounds) we'll start to get a proper handle on the situation.

I have theories (boy, do I have theories!) about how the whole game works, but I also have counter-theories that are possibly even mutually exclusive with the others.  I'm currently enjoying this game, while if I were in your position (objectively, even, not even making presumptions about your role-motives) I might be less so.

But next round I'm half expecting to be punished (by the emergent Bad Guy if I'm currently good and right, by my fellow Good Guys (and the new Bad Guy, under the guise of them being a Good Guy, if I'm not actually Bad next round myself) if I have ended up misleading you), just because I got lucky enough to come up with a viable theory this time round.  Meanwhile, you'll probably get sympathy (and not be expected to be the Bad Guy again).  Or maybe someone else will think this and turn the whole thing around whilst they try to turn the round to their own (nefarious) advantage.

You see that's the thing though... we can't rely on the mechanics to win, which is what you (you specifically) are doing in this game, because otherwise it would be a bit pointless to play 21 identical games in sequence. It's a bastard game (semi-bastard, even) so there will be shenanigans from the mod, whether or not they're happening in this game we won't find out 'til later.

I'm enjoying this, though I'm quite bothered by everyone's reliance on the mechanics rather than trying to figure things out through content... as I say, bastard mod. The game will not go how you expect.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2016, 10:47:34 am »

Nice attempt at a dodge, hector13.

The exact roles in each game won't be revealed, but will rather follow this list of archetypes...

1 Evil role
 1 Investigative role
 1 Special Town role

So note this.
Hector, why are you still voting TBF when another player's claim is directly contradictory to yours?
~~~
Yes, we know this is a semi-bastard game. It's currently Round 1 out of 21. We have time to do analysis.
But "we can't rely on the mechanics to win"? I think otherwise, if we can figure them out...
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2016, 10:51:12 am »

Did you read the line at the bottom of that quote? Exactly. It's a semi-bastard game. We won't have those exact types of roles in every single game, and there's nothing there that says we can't have two types of role in the same game, is there?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2016, 10:55:55 am »

1 Evil role
 1 Investigative role
 1 Special Town role

Note this. In any case, if such isn't the pattern after this round ends, we'll know for the next round.
Generic Arms Race.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2016, 10:58:16 am »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2016, 11:00:36 am »

Or do you just not know what deviation means?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2016, 11:07:50 am »

When it's "Ah, I know!", then we can start to wonder what deviation will come into play.  When we don't even know how we're starting, I'm saying we can't start second guessing which one of an near-infinite number of deviations might happen even.

The Mod has to softening us up, first.  Then break us down.  Then rebuild us again.

Unless it's an "The same thing that we used last time, and the seventeen times before, is the last thing they'll be expecting..." type of Bastard. ;)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2016, 11:09:41 am »

I'll wait until the day officially ends before telling yous off :P

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2016, 11:10:27 am »

Well, thats the end of the day folks. Im posting from my phone now, so ill edit in an elaborate end-of-day thing later... Dont PM me your action yet.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2016, 11:11:06 am »

Well, thats the end of the day folks. Im posting from my phone now, so ill edit in an elaborate end-of-day thing later... Dont PM me your action yet.

Round over - Town wins!

Votecount
hector13 (3)-FallacyofUrist, TheBiggerFish, Starver
FallacyofUrist (0)
TheBiggerFish (1)-hector13
Starver (0)

Not voting: No one

hector13 was Arsonist
Spoiler: Arsonist (click to show/hide)

FallacyofUrist gets one victory point.
TheBiggerFish gets one victory point.
Starver gets one victory point.

Spoiler: Player Roles (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Action Log (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 06:34:39 pm by Tomasque »
Money!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2016, 03:13:37 pm »

Ha.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 237