Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 53

Author Topic: WIZARDS!: ZAP  (Read 75972 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS!: One wizard down.
« Reply #360 on: January 23, 2017, 06:21:40 pm »

"Haha! I accept this donation of cold hard cash with dignity and grace~"

"Excellent! My fellows, tonight is the first of many successful nights! Now, let us reap the rewards of our efforts! I am thinking... I need to get something for long range.

"No shit."

"Oi! Marcus would have cleft him in twain!"

"Riiight after they shot your ass three or four times."

"Such cheek."

Shopping triiiip!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"What are all these... tools?"

"Might come in handy."

"I suppose. But now we have no money."

"Much better armed now, though. Got food for a while too. I think I'll take up cooking. Might be nice to eat something that doesn't taste like ass again."

"Ah! Just like your mother. *Sniff* I look forward to the results of your efforts! Haha! Come now, it has been a long day. Let us meet back with the others. Perhaps we will have a new job tomorrow!"

"Hell yeah! Can't wait to kick some wizard asses again."

"That's my girl!"

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 12:17:32 am by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 23, 2017, 11:09:03 pm »

PW has PMed me to inform that you're trying to punch me in the face! This will not do.
Whack Bae in the gut with a crowbar, right here.

"Yeah, bullshit."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 23, 2017, 11:14:23 pm »

((PW, are we having a Dex roll to see who goes first?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 23, 2017, 11:40:13 pm »

Sit outside safely behind my tree, blissfully unaware of the inevitable teamkilling.  Polish and clean my new rifle while I'm out here, I'm sure those bandits had no idea how to keep a good gun clean.

Spoiler: sigh (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #364 on: January 24, 2017, 12:09:40 am »

Post tomorrow. Just gonna remind anyone that any stat loss, ie strength lost from injuries, hasn't recovered. Remember, HP recovers from short rests, Stat loss from long rests. Short rests are like 15 minutes, long rests are like a week.  Please keep this in mind and keep your Str and other stats where they belong.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 24, 2017, 12:20:51 am »

((Dammit, do I know this is going on to intervene?))

If so, "Dammit, are you a bunch of goblins, falling out over a little bit of money?  We all took a share in the risk of death, therefore we all get equal shares.  If you want more for being a wizard and having special skills, that's reasonable, my guild at home did things the same way, but you gotta negotiate that in advance, not declare it after the fact."

"If you want to settle things down and come to an agreement, that's fine, but I'm not negotiating with someone who murders his teammates."

Post tomorrow. Just gonna remind anyone that any stat loss, ie strength lost from injuries, hasn't recovered. Remember, HP recovers from short rests, Stat loss from long rests. Short rests are like 15 minutes, long rests are like a week.  Please keep this in mind and keep your Str and other stats where they belong.

((Roger, corrected my sheet.  Is the +1 Str still running from the meal?))

Spoiler: Beethro Budkin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 12:22:50 am by Devastator »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #366 on: January 24, 2017, 04:21:44 pm »

((Dammit, do I know this is going on to intervene?))

If so, "Dammit, are you a bunch of goblins, falling out over a little bit of money?  We all took a share in the risk of death, therefore we all get equal shares.  If you want more for being a wizard and having special skills, that's reasonable, my guild at home did things the same way, but you gotta negotiate that in advance, not declare it after the fact."

"If you want to settle things down and come to an agreement, that's fine, but I'm not negotiating with someone who murders his teammates."

((Roger, corrected my sheet.  Is the +1 Str still running from the meal?))

((Indeed it is))
[Mind 15/10]
((Ah well, just as well that you started the turn before I edited some whacking in...))

Toss the extra two silver to Alanna. She's pretty much the mvp of this mission.

And go sell this darned armor!

Dammit, wasting my time. Hit him with my crowbar.

((Oh, there will be whacking. Bill don't tolerate your shit. And neither your shotgun nor Dev's sword can track bandits and keep us from getting ambushed.))

"Freeman, you piece of shit. We both know that my creatures pulled more weight than you did. You managed to kill one fucking bandit after wasting time doing nothing useful while the rest of us fought the first group and then running into their fucking camp like an idiot. Alanna can have the money, she obviously earned her share more than you did, but you better step outside. We're going to settle this like men, and I'd hate to get blood on the floor of this nice house. I challenge you to fisticuffs."

"And I appreciate your desire to make peace, Beethro, but it's a matter of principle now. The principle of how the least fucking useful person here has no right to decide who gets paid what. If you would like to come outside and observe so that we don't do too much damage to each other, that would probably be a good idea."

Take Gordon outside and punch him in the jaw. Preferably in a way that knocks him out instead of killing him. If he tries to go for his gun at any point like a dishonorable cur, cut him down with my sword instead. If he objects, just punch him in the face. Don't turn my back on him either.

Spoiler: Snakescorpion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarantula (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolls and such (click to show/hide)

"Freeman, you piece of shit,"Bill says, stepping between Gordon and the door, "We both know that my creatures pulled more weight than you did. You managed to kill one fucking bandit after wasting time doing nothing useful while the rest of us fought the first group and then running into their fucking camp like an idiot. Alanna can have the money, she obviously earned her share more than you did, but you better step outside. We're going to settle this like men, and I'd hate to get blood on the floor of this nice house. I challenge you to fisticuffs."

"Dammit,"Beethro says while making sure to still keep a few feet from the two,"are you a bunch of goblins, falling out over a little bit of money?  We all took a share in the risk of death, therefore we all get equal shares.  If you want more for being a wizard and having special skills, that's reasonable, my guild at home did things the same way, but you gotta negotiate that in advance, not declare it after the fact. If you want to settle things down and come to an agreement, that's fine, but I'm not negotiating with someone who murders his teammates."

"I appreciate your desire to make peace, Beethro," Bill replies, his eyes fixed on Gordon,"but it's a matter of principle now. The principle of how the least fucking useful person here has no right to decide who gets paid what. If you would like to come outside and observe so that we don't do too much damage to each other, that would probably be a good idea."

"You know Beethro, you're right." Gordon says, nodding to himself, "Negotiating is a very reasonable way of doing things, as opposed to just beating people we disagree with in the face until they do what we say. Very reasonable indeed."

Gordon promptly pulls the crowbar off his belt and swings it like a baseball bat into Bill's face. Bill stumbles and falls backwards through the window nearest the door, crashing down onto the porch.

"But honestly," Gordon says, walking over to the broken out window with the crowbar on his shoulder, "Bill never struck me as the most reasonable of people."

Bill is back up on his feet in an instant. He reaches through the broken window, grabs Gordon by the collar and punches him square in the jaw before dragging him through the window and tossing him onto the porch.

"The only thing about me that should be striking you is my fist." Bill says, spitting blood  onto the ground.

"Haha! I accept this donation of cold hard cash with dignity and grace~"

"Excellent! My fellows, tonight is the first of many successful nights! Now, let us reap the rewards of our efforts! I am thinking... I need to get something for long range.

"No shit."

"Oi! Marcus would have cleft him in twain!"

"Riiight after they shot your ass three or four times."

"Such cheek."

Shopping triiiip!

"What are all these... tools?"

"Might come in handy."

"I suppose. But now we have no money."

"Much better armed now, though. Got food for a while too. I think I'll take up cooking. Might be nice to eat something that doesn't taste like ass again."

"Ah! Just like your mother. *Sniff* I look forward to the results of your efforts! Haha! Come now, it has been a long day. Let us meet back with the others. Perhaps we will have a new job tomorrow!"

"Hell yeah! Can't wait to kick some wizard asses again."

"That's my girl!"

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)

Marcus and Alanna watch the bar room brawl unfold right up until the point where a man gets thrown through a window. Once that happens Marcus scoops up his share of the bounty and grabs Alanna by the hand.

"Marcus thinks he sees where this is going. Come Alanna, shopping to be done."

"Shouldn't we do something?"

"Yes, we should leave and buy things with this money before someone tries to take it from us. Or before we are caught up in a murder."

"That's surprisingly level headed of you..."

"I have experience in this sort of thing."

The two of them leave via the front door, carefully circle around Gordon where he was thrown to the ground, and head off to the shopping area. Many, in fact, most of the shops have long since shut down but there are a few left open, including the one which sold supplies to the team previously. Initially, the shopkeeper is unwilling to pay full retail price for goods, but Alanna [1] manages to explain the situation to him. After all, they had just saved his shop and town from being abandoned by killing that wizard; surely any loss of profits here is small potatoes compared to the future profits gained. And speaking of future profits, they just happen to have nearly 50 silver here to spend.  The Shopkeep quickly sees the reason in their argument and does business with them exactly as they desire.

They leave the shop with backpacks stuffed with supplies, including enough food for 5 days between them.

Sit outside safely behind my tree, blissfully unaware of the inevitable teamkilling.  Polish and clean my new rifle while I'm out here, I'm sure those bandits had no idea how to keep a good gun clean.

You sit with your back against a tree and carefully polish your rifle with the corner of your shirt while watching people wander around. The carts from metal farmers occasionally trundle back into town to offload supplies before going back out. At this rate you might have to wait till sundown to sneak in. Oh well, you can wait.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 24, 2017, 04:36:20 pm »

Gordon props himself up into a kneel, leaning heavily on his crowbar.
"There, you got what you wanted. Now are you going to fuck off with the small fortune I just handed you, or am I going to have to redistribute your wealth among the rest of the party?"

Watch Bill. If he attacks, dodge and reposition myself to an advantageous stance. If he pulls any magic bullshit, including his sword or his summons, blast his face off.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 24, 2017, 04:50:10 pm »

((Yo PW, what about my armor mitigating damage? Wouldn't I have 4 HP?))

Bill spits a glob of blood on the ground by Gordon before laughing heartily. "Was that a threat? You seem to have an unwarranted high opinion of yourself. You couldn't even use your fists like an honorable man, and saying you swing that crowbar like a girl would be an insult to Alanna. I barely hit you, and it looks like a tap more would knock you out. I don't want to kill you, so consider the matter settled. C'mon, let's go spend that small fortune. Or at least part of it." Bill says before offering a hand to help Gordon to his feet.

Help Gordon to his feet. Then go see about purchasing my sword, with a discount.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 05:54:25 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 24, 2017, 05:36:38 pm »

"Ah, it seems things have calmed down maybe. See? Best solution is sometimes let things work themselves out."

"Someone could have gotten seriously injured."

"Ah, but there is positive. We would have gotten their share."

"That's kind of heartless, isn't it?"

"Bah, we have only done one mission togather. Fire forged bonds take more than just one wizard. Four wizards maybe."

"Hm."

"Also, Marcus has just remembered that he was greviously injured. Marcus will now colla-"

"Ah! Not on me, in the bed! Ugh! I'm going to have to lug your heavy ass upstairs aren't I?"

Seems like it's time for the 'time skip rest' because I can't think of anything else to do.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #370 on: January 24, 2017, 05:51:17 pm »

((Yo PW, what about my armor mitigating damage? Wouldn't I have 4 HP?))

Bill spits a glob of blood on the ground by Gordon before laughing heartily. "Was that a threat? You seem to have an unwarranted high opinion of yourself. You couldn't even use your fists like an honorable man, and saying you swing that crowbar like a girl would be an insult to Alanna. I barely hit you, and it looks like a tap more would knock you out. I don't want to kill you, so consider the matter settled. C'mon, let's go spend that small fortune. Or at least part of it." Bill says before offering a hand to help Gordon to his feet.

Help Gordon to his feet. Then go see about purchasing my sword, with a discount.

Yeah, mitigate 1

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 24, 2017, 08:17:20 pm »

I'mma go sneak around the cathedral, looking around the outside for alternative entrances--I know as well as the others that there must be one--but also just to explore the exterior.  Any interesting environs around the place?  Or is it all metal forests and fields everywhere?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #372 on: January 24, 2017, 09:36:33 pm »

So I'm gonna wait for dev to post to do the turn but I'll break this 4th wall here for a minute to talk about the future.

So after you guys take your naps and Dev finally pulls those nails out of himself and we all add some nice new scars to our character sheets, we're gonna have to figure out where to go from here.  I have it set up where you can effectively choose two different paths and you can go back whenever you want. One way is to follow the guidance of the Guild. They'll send you letters or messengers, refill your team  if you lose a member and inform you of work. Or, you can strike out on your own, hunt what you want and investigate where you want. This way has the benefit that you might find some really good stuff whereas the guild won't send you anywhere too dangerous and thus too loot crazy. They'll still resupply your members, it will just take longer.

You can do whatever you choose and can go back and forth as you will. Just letting you know your options.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 24, 2017, 09:56:29 pm »

The guild is full of sadistic sociopaths who send us on suicide missions to kill WIZARDS, so clearly all their suggestions are extremely dangerous and unsafe!  Instead, we should take the other path, striking out on our own, because it will be safer due to being the not-obviously dangerous option.  Oh, and kill all the replacements the guild sends, because clearly they're spies trying to keep tabs on us due to our ignoring them--and try to figure out who in our group is already a spy and telling them to send the other spies, and kill that person, but replace them and keep sending information so they can't figure out that we found and killed their sp-

Oh god.  Beirus is the spy, isn't he?  We're doomed

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 25, 2017, 12:17:41 am »

I'm down with resting, partying (I think I own that innkeep a party), and pulling the nails out.

Personally, I'm fine going with whatever.  My plans, such as they were, were to have a party, rest up, and then accompany a caravan to the next town and see what that's like.  If we're setting up a guild to let people hire us, I'd be tempted to leave Alanna behind to run it, as that would be putting someone we trust in that position, while not leaving a PC out of the game.

Also, if we're going with DROD-stuff, I wouldn't worry about canon, as Beethro's world, the Eighth, is so strange that it could have come out of your mind, so I'm fine with playing an expy.  (If it's actually Beethro, he could have climbed out of a door set into the ground, or fell out of the sky)

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 53