Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Liberal Crime Ponies?  (Read 9678 times)

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
Re: Liberal Crime Ponies?
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2012, 10:51:31 am »

Ok, could you please link to the mod when its done? While its not what I would do, it sounds interesting.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2012, 10:58:24 am »

I think he's going to draw it, not mod it.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2012, 11:01:50 am »

I think he's going to draw it, not mod it.

This. Honestly I think you guys cleared up my art block.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2012, 11:11:48 am »

Oh :P Well still, that sounds like it would be a funny/interestinf picture. Link it when you're done?
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2012, 11:23:21 am »

I can send it yes. I just need to devise a suitable appearence for the penguins.  Or not, since I've already gimdarked the shit out of ponies with the full combat kit. Penguins fighting Ponies.... It shall be glorious if I can do it right.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2012, 11:42:23 am »

Modding LCS is actually pretty easy, but probaly only for weapons/armor, as that is the only stuff i experimented with.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2012, 12:38:15 pm »

Why are we... debating on...  "Justifying an LCS Pony Mod"?
If the person wants to do it, let them.  And more importantly, ignore them if you don't like it.  Its like saying its ok to mod Dwarf Fortress but not LCS.  You don't see people trying to make up excuses to convince people not to mod Dwarf Fortress do you?

I don't think I would react any differently to someone modding Dwarf Fortress. Well, actually, maybe a little, since DF is more sandboxy and lends itself a bit more to total conversions.

At any rate: Modding LCS sounds like a pain in the ass because of all the ridiculous spaghetti code involved. I've looked at the source once and don't really want to do so again.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2012, 12:58:21 pm »

Eh, its pie in the sky at the moment anyways. 
If you really wanted to shut it down rationally, just ask the person posting if it was just an idea or if they are actually doing something about it...

... Meh...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2012, 01:27:10 pm »

XML is easy enough to understand, at the top or the source code thu even included a guide for modders
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2012, 08:26:26 pm »

Ill do my danmdest, but Ponies vs. Panguins... Yeah... No. Panguins don't even exist in the pony-verse.
The majority of the elements in LCS aren't found in MLP either.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2012, 12:57:01 am »

Eh, you can do peaceful wins in LCS... though I find violent ponies to be much more hilarious and entertaining...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2012, 09:27:33 am »

you could mod a moderate crime squad with a penguin as leader , the penguin loves to bite off faces to people (that's why moderate crime squads are face less)
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2012, 09:59:02 am »

If the person wants to do it, let them.  And more importantly, ignore them if you don't like it.  Its like saying its ok to mod Dwarf Fortress but not LCS.  You don't see people trying to make up excuses to convince people not to mod Dwarf Fortress do you?

I don't think I would react any differently to someone modding Dwarf Fortress. Well, actually, maybe a little, since DF is more sandboxy and lends itself a bit more to total conversions.

At any rate: Modding LCS sounds like a pain in the ass because of all the ridiculous spaghetti code involved. I've looked at the source once and don't really want to do so again.

Dude, they have a MLP mod for Dwarf Fortress.  It's called Pony Fortress or something.  I think it changes dwarves into ponies.

EDIT: It's called Pony Mod: My Little Fortress.  It's up to 138 pages.  Link

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2012, 10:01:18 am »

That's dwarf fortress though. Whole different animal compared to LCS.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 29, 2012, 10:05:27 am »

Dude, they have a MLP mod for Dwarf Fortress.  It's called Pony Fortress or something.  I think it changes dwarves into ponies.

EDIT: It's called Pony Mod: My Little Fortress.  It's up to 138 pages.  Link

Part that I was responding to.  But yes, I can see how a mod for Dwarf Fortress and LCS would vary a lot (most prominently, a mod for Dwarf Fortress is significantly easier than a mod for LCS, and all that follows from that).
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8