Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 53

Author Topic: WIZARDS!: ZAP  (Read 76069 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS!: One wizard down.
« Reply #510 on: March 01, 2017, 06:29:19 pm »

"Did either of them bring food? I suppose they could split the dead guy's rations, but I already gave you the coin for mine and I don't feel like sharing until they prove they can pull their weight."

Towards that magnetic disturbance while riding on my trusty arachnoreptilian steed. Make sure to use senses (mine and my summons') to stay on course and detect any dangers.

Spoiler: Snakescorpion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarantula (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS!: ZAP
« Reply #511 on: March 02, 2017, 09:31:30 am »

fleyshius will set off with the rest of the group.

Sigh, while I am loath to take advantage of our friendship in such a manner. May I borrow that pistol of yours? I appear to be a bit underarmed for a ranged fight.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 02, 2017, 05:47:13 pm »

Sigh freezes for a moment, staring back at Fleyshius seemingly without comprehension.  After a couple seconds like that, he violently nods, and springs into action, scrambling quickly for his pistol and shoving it into Fleyshius along with a handful of loose bullets--which promptly scatter onto the ground.  The skittish man immediately dives to collect the rounds, then mid-dive looks back up at Fleyshius and shrinks away, leaving the bullets scattered.

((Action edited.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #513 on: March 02, 2017, 06:14:42 pm »

The party disunity thus mended, they head off, guided by Bill and his arachno-steed. They travel the rest of the day without issue; the sky remains a bright and cloudless blue and not a single thing is seen. No life, no marks, no blood, no clues, just an endless expanse of rolling white. They make camp around nightfall and eat; this time Fleshius feeds Sigh,  who crouches close to him like a frightened animal and laps up what he is given as though it might be suddenly yanked away. Marcus, Alanna, Beethro and Fleshius mostly hang around together,  eating slowly in the gathering twilight, but Bill sits out away from the group, alone with his summons. He's almost always with them, sitting next to or on top of them,  and they tend to all move together. His senses and theres are becoming increasingly mingled, he has grown accustom to feeling and seeing through them as needed and he barely even has to concentrate to do it. It makes him extremely tuned into the world around him, but also quiet and distant.

Night comes and the group heads to bed early; there is little to do at night, aside from talk, and even that loses its novelty after a few hours. Its hard to tell when they are awoken, urgently shaken back to conciousness by Bill. Its very dark, but with the light of the stars and moon they can just barely see. Bill is standing up, his summons next to him. He can feel something. He can't quantify it. Its not a smell or sound, any sort of normal sense. Its the feeling of something being wrong, of something being off or dangerous. The feeling that comes when something is following you, or when the birds fall quiet before an attack. His summons can feel it too, base animal instinct calls out to run or find safety. But they do not know why.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 02, 2017, 06:31:44 pm »

"Something is coming. Something bad. Get defensive positions set up and prepare to defend yourselves." Bill whispers urgently once he has woken the others up.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 02, 2017, 07:17:57 pm »

"A fight? Finally. Do not worry, Marcus will protect you!"

"Don't do something dumb. Where is my- ok. Where is the bastard?"

Marcus prepares his melee weapon and his shield, assuming defensive stance at the front of any formation.

Alanna prepares to fire.

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 02, 2017, 11:53:59 pm »

"Been expecting this.  I got a plan in mind."

"Bill, see if you can find out what's coming after us.  It could be those flying creatures, or it could be something smart or some dumb monster just smelling the food.  Or some nomads."

"Lets get everything set up for some ambush action, then.  And so we can fight together if it's those birds or some kinda dumb creature."

What I want to make sure is done this turn:  Second tent set up, spider unhooked from cart, and extra torches handed out to Fleshius and one of Marcus and Alanna.  I want the last spare torch attached to the cart.

"If it's birds or some dumb creatures, we light torches and fight together.  If it's nomads or people, we light the torch on the cart and scatter into the darkness in pairs.  If we want to try talking with them, we can leave someone in the circle of light, covered by the others."

"Everyone game?"

Spoiler: Beethro Budkin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cart (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 12:03:33 am by Devastator »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 03, 2017, 12:04:15 am »

"Hmfh. Marcus does not quite think setting our own cart on fire is a good idea, regardless of circumstances. All our food is in there."

"I'm cool with the other bits."
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 03, 2017, 01:09:01 am »

"Just a torch, Marcus."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 03, 2017, 01:27:37 am »

"Just a torch, Marcus."

"You said use torch on cart. What else could you mean?"

"... Maybe he means to just light a torch near the cart?

"Ah! That makes more sense."

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 03, 2017, 01:31:58 am »

A wonderful plan good fellow, worthy of the King's own. What say you sigh?
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #521 on: March 03, 2017, 06:14:07 pm »

A wonderful plan good fellow, worthy of the King's own. What say you sigh?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 04, 2017, 06:57:40 am »

That about sums it up, yeah.

Spoiler: sigh (click to show/hide)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS!: One wizard down.
« Reply #523 on: March 04, 2017, 02:25:41 pm »

Help setting up defensive positions. Man defensive position with my summons. Make sure one of the watches my back, and keep an eye on the sky for flying threats. Tremorsense for possible terrestrial and below ground threats

Spoiler: Snakescorpion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarantula (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 02:27:29 pm by Beirus »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #524 on: March 05, 2017, 05:48:02 pm »

The team scrambles out of bed, lighting torches, erecting tents, unhooking the spider, and setting up defensive positions in a mad rush. And then they stand, weapons drawn, scanning the darkness and straining their ears to hear anything within the silence. The only sound is the crackling of torches and the quiet breathing. Its Sigh who sees it,  and he nearly tears Fleshius' arm off, yanking on him and pointing off into the distance. Fleshius squints at the horizon, black outline of the ground against blue-black sky, and sees something. At the very edge of his vision, there is something standing on the crest of a dune. Its a black smudge, its size and detail impossible to make out, with two pinpricks of red staring straight back at the team. Fleshius in turn alerts everyone else and points at the thing.

The thing doesn't move. It simply stares.  Bill can feel it through his animal senses, feel its presence. He feels its stare like a spray of molten lead; burning hot and crushingly heavy.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 53