Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651188 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: The most faaaabulous pikachu
« Reply #3345 on: July 13, 2014, 11:21:45 pm »

It's a pretty casual pokemon team that's for sure but meh... just do what's fun.

I just saw the most hilarious thing. A player used a justified Lucario and a Primape in a doubles battle. He then used Primeape's beat up to hit Lucario 6 times and raise its attack to 4x. He still died due to him being stupid but that was so freaking funny!

The replay is here if you guys want to see it: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-141111736

---------------

Edit:

Here's another doubles where an Ambipom only has two attacks, fake out and last resort: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-141113680

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: July 14, 2014, 09:20:02 am »

It's a pretty casual pokemon team that's for sure but meh... just do what's fun.

I just saw the most hilarious thing. A player used a justified Lucario and a Primape in a doubles battle. He then used Primeape's beat up to hit Lucario 6 times and raise its attack to 4x. He still died due to him being stupid but that was so freaking funny!

The replay is here if you guys want to see it: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-141111736

---------------

Edit:

Here's another doubles where an Ambipom only has two attacks, fake out and last resort: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-141113680
I like that; I've seen it used on Cobalion to good effect, since that's a bit tankier than Lucario, though that was in Gen 5 before Charizard Y was a thing. 

As for the second, that moveset can be surprisingly painful.  I just finished the Eevee Friendly that ran this weekend, and I ran into three people who were running Protect/Last Resort sets - two on an Adaptability Eevee, one on a Pixilate Sylveon.  I suppose there's something to be said for the flexibility of it, but my own Eevee consistently overpowered them with Choice Band Return.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: July 14, 2014, 10:11:09 am »

My team's got some coverage moves for those problems. In regards to Ice, Nidoqueen has Brick Break and Aerodactyl has rock, and both of them have enough bulk to stay alive in a lot of cases. Heliolisk has Surf to deal with ground types, and U-turn to get out of danger.

Aerodactyl and Yanmega still need some training for better moves (Rock Slide and something to replace Uproar), but they work for now. My pokemon use:

Aerodactyl
Aerodactylite
Crunch, Earthquake, Wing Attack, Rock Tomb

Heliolisk
Zap plate
Surf, U-Turn, Paravoltaic Charge, Thunderbolt

Nidoqueen
Black Sludge
Toxic, Brick Break, Earthquake, Poison Jab

Yanmega
Insect Plate
Bug Buzz, Air Slash, Uproar, U-Turn

Wigglytuff
Pixie Plate
Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Dazzling Gleam, Grass Knot

Clawitzer
Splash Plate
Ice Beam, Water Pulse, Dark Pulse, Aura Sphere

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: July 14, 2014, 11:34:23 am »

Mega Diancie receives a big boost to its Speed, as well as boosts to its Attack and Sp. Atk, while experiencing a reduction in its Defense and Sp. Def. Mega Metagross also has a greatly increased Speed stat, with additional increases in its Attack, Defense, Sp. Atk, and Sp. Def

new preview video
It's FEF, not FEOF

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: July 14, 2014, 03:19:01 pm »

I like that; I've seen it used on Cobalion to good effect, since that's a bit tankier than Lucario, though that was in Gen 5 before Charizard Y was a thing. 

As for the second, that moveset can be surprisingly painful.  I just finished the Eevee Friendly that ran this weekend, and I ran into three people who were running Protect/Last Resort sets - two on an Adaptability Eevee, one on a Pixilate Sylveon.  I suppose there's something to be said for the flexibility of it, but my own Eevee consistently overpowered them with Choice Band Return.
An Eevee friendly sounds very amusing.

If it was just Eevees only, I probably would have ran a guts Flareon. Toxic orb. Protect. Flare blitz + facade + quick attack. Then just max attack and split the remainder between speed and defense.

It would lose to a Vaporeon or an Umbreon running protect / wish strats though. However, pretty sure it would beat any other Eeveelution as they'd all be OHKOed.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: July 14, 2014, 03:52:43 pm »

An Eevee friendly sounds very amusing.

If it was just Eevees only, I probably would have ran a guts Flareon. Toxic orb. Protect. Flare blitz + facade + quick attack. Then just max attack and split the remainder between speed and defense.

It would lose to a Vaporeon or an Umbreon running protect / wish strats though. However, pretty sure it would beat any other Eeveelution as they'd all be OHKOed.
It was, and Flareon was just as dangerous as you say - almost everyone I faced seemed to run one.  A lot of people did set up at least one dedicated physical defender to shore up the Eeveelutions' weak physical defenses, though - recoil and Toxic damage hurts a lot, and Rocky Helmet is just gravy on top of that.  It was also a 4-on-4 Rotation battle, so moves like Charm really showed their stuff, while Toxic counters weren't as easy to reset.  My real pinch was dealing with Leafeon, though; it's surprising how dangerous that thing was.  Vaporeon can't stand up to Leaf Blade, Espeon and Umbreon both loathe X-Scissor, and Synthesis gives it instant recovery if you go Sun (which also either doubles its speed or gives it immunity to all status effects - good luck guessing).  Swords Dance lets it boost up faster than any other Eeveelution, and it's the third-fastest Eeveelution in a bracket all its own.  If I hadn't gone for Trick Room to facilitate my gimmick shenanigans, I would have selected Leafeon in a heartbeat. 

EDIT: Typos just grind at your mind.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 04:08:58 pm by Culise »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: July 14, 2014, 03:56:07 pm »

I am still sad I checked the internet and it said my favorite Eevee Umbreon sucks.

BOO!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: July 14, 2014, 04:03:35 pm »

Heh, don't be too sad; Umbreon still works wonders as a wall and cleric, and even a Curse set isn't too outre.  In usage, too, it's popular enough to make UU even in a Generation that nerfed Dark hard, which makes it the fourth-most-popular Eeveelution for competitive use now that Jolteon's gone and dropped two tiers.  Now, my favourite Eeveelutions, Glaceon and Leafeon, are both a solid NU, and both are overmatched even in the dregs of the lowest tier.  Even so, use what you like.  I'm even breeding for a competitive Glaceon right now. ^_^

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: July 14, 2014, 04:03:49 pm »

Culise: Oooh, it's a 4-on-4. Then that changes things completely. But yeah, it sounds very fun. I know how crazy Leafeon can get too. The first time I saw Leafeon stack swords dance, I completely changed my mind of it. I still remember that match so clearly. I wiped his entire team and I had 4 half hp pokemon vs a Leafeon. He crushed all of them, mostly because I underestimated it so much.

Neonivek: Umbreon is good yo. Its most popular moveset is protect, wish, toxic, and foul play. Very, very strong and supremely annoying to deal with. It's because it's so hard to kill. It also has synchronize which can be very annoying. For example, if you tossed the protect for heal bell, then you could send out the Umbreon when the enemy is going to status you. That way he ends up statusing himself and you can just heal bell yourself afterwards.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: July 14, 2014, 05:25:03 pm »

Hmm...MegaMetagorss sounds a bit too overdone, but I'll admit i like it.
Finally a Rock/Fairy Offensive-stated Pokemon in Mega Diancie

And ultimately GIMME MY "EL ECTRIC"!
I want dat Luchador Pikachu SO much!---This like however stems form liking general Lucha Libre fighting techniques...lol.
(Yes it's why i like Hawlucha too!)

Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: July 14, 2014, 07:47:56 pm »

I know it's been a while since anyone's discussed friend codes/safari, but I'd figure I'd toss my code into the ring:

3711-8873-8295
Unknown safari contents, of course.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: July 14, 2014, 08:17:20 pm »

I know it's been a while since anyone's discussed friend codes/safari, but I'd figure I'd toss my code into the ring:

3711-8873-8295
Added you. if you'll add me back I'll get you the intel on your safari's contents.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: July 14, 2014, 08:22:18 pm »

3711-8873-8295
I've added you as well, if you like.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: July 14, 2014, 09:16:15 pm »

Got you both. Thanks.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: July 14, 2014, 09:20:30 pm »

You have an Electric safari - Pokemon are Dedenne, Stunfisk, and Luxio.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 09:24:18 pm by Culise »
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 463