Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Deepdelve - A ChatGPT Forum Game  (Read 4904 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deepdelve - A ChatGPT Forum Game
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2023, 03:20:21 am »

A We must go deeper!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2023, 11:41:05 am »

Exploring the Unknown Cave
Urist, bolstered by a mix of curiosity and necessity, decides to explore the vast cave system he's fallen into. He grips his pickaxe a bit tighter and begins to tread carefully into the unknown, guided only by the faint luminescence of the glowing fungi.

Options for Exploring the Cave
As Urist ventures deeper, he encounters several pathways and features within the cave:

A. Follow the Flow of a Underground Stream: "There's a stream here, flowing gently through the cave. Following it might lead to an exit... or something else."

B. Investigate a Cluster of Brightly Glowing Fungi: "These fungi are glowing much brighter than the others. Maybe there's something special about them or the area around them."

C. Descend into a Narrow Crevice: "There's a narrow crevice leading downwards. It's a tight fit, but it might open up into something larger or lead to a way out."
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2023, 12:00:22 pm »

B

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2023, 02:37:00 am »

B
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2023, 11:27:25 am »

Result of Investigating the Brightly Glowing Fungi - Partial Success (Rolled 3)

Urist approaches the cluster of brightly glowing fungi with a mixture of caution and curiosity. As he gets closer, he notices that the fungi emit not only light but also a gentle warmth, which is a welcome change in the cool, damp air of the cave.

Upon closer inspection, Urist discovers that the fungi are growing around a small deposit of luminescent minerals. These minerals, while not immediately valuable like gold or gems, could have some unknown properties or uses. He carefully collects some samples, storing them in his backpack.

However, as he gathers the minerals, a cloud of spores is released into the air from the disturbed fungi. Urist finds himself in a brief coughing fit, which makes him feel slightly dizzy and disoriented. While the effect seems temporary and not severely harmful, it's a reminder of the cave's unknown dangers.

Next Steps in the Cave
After the partial success with the glowing fungi and the luminescent minerals, Urist considers his next move:

A. Rest and Recover: "Better take a moment to rest and recover from these spores. I need to be at my best to navigate this cave safely."

B. Continue Deeper into the Cave: "No time to dawdle. I should keep moving and see what else this cave has to offer."

C. Return to the Stream Path: "Maybe following that stream is a better idea. It could lead to an exit or another part of the mines."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2023, 11:39:45 am »

B. Continue Deeper into the Cave: "No time to dawdle. I should keep moving and see what else this cave has to offer."

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2023, 04:17:12 pm »

B

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2023, 01:47:50 am »

B Deeper!

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2023, 06:08:39 pm »

B Dont let simple Spores sway you!

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2023, 03:41:56 pm »

Encounter with the Olm People by the Underground Lake
Choosing to delve deeper into the cave, Urist continues his journey. The cavern opens up to reveal an expansive underground lake, its surface still and reflecting the dim light from above. As he approaches the water's edge, Urist is surprised to find himself not alone. Emerging from the shadows are the Olm People, a tribe living in this subterranean world.

The Olm People are humanoid but with features adapted to the dark, damp environment. They have pale, almost translucent skin, large, sensitive eyes adapted to the darkness, and long, slender limbs. They move with grace and quiet that speak of their intimate knowledge of this underground realm.

Initially cautious, the Olm People are curious about this surface dweller. Their leader, a wise elder with markings of experience and knowledge, approaches Urist. Through a mix of gestures and a rudimentary common tongue, they communicate.

The Olm elder explains that they are guardians of the underground lake, a sacred place that provides them with sustenance and is central to their way of life. Intrigued by Urist's presence, they offer a temporary truce and an opportunity to learn from each other.

Options for Interaction with the Olm People
A. Learn About the Olm People: "I'd like to learn more about your tribe and how you survive in these depths."

B. Ask for Guidance Out of the Cave: "Can you guide me to a way out of this cave system? I need to return to the upper levels of the mine."

C. Offer to Help the Olm People: "Is there anything I can do to help your tribe? Maybe there's a way I can repay your hospitality."

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2023, 04:17:52 pm »

C
It's only sensible to offer, after all.

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2023, 02:01:34 pm »

C
It's only sensible to offer, after all.

Offering Help to the Olm People
Moved by the hospitality of the Olm People and the serene beauty of their underground home, Urist offers his help. The elder nods appreciatively, understanding the gesture of goodwill from the surface dweller.

The elder explains that their community has been facing challenges. A passage that used to bring fresh, nutrient-rich water to the lake has been blocked, affecting the delicate ecosystem of the underground lake. Clearing this passage would restore the flow and greatly benefit the Olm People.

Options for Helping the Olm People
A. Investigate the Blocked Passage: "I'll take a look at the blocked passage. Maybe my skills as a miner can help clear the way."

B. Explore for Alternate Water Sources: "Perhaps there are other water sources nearby that can be redirected to your lake. I can explore the surrounding caverns."

C. Offer to Bring Supplies from the Surface: "I can return to the surface and bring back supplies or seek help to resolve your water problem."

Sanyachan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2023, 02:08:06 pm »

A - This means digging holes, most likely

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2023, 02:52:02 pm »

A Diggy Diggy Hole.

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2023, 03:57:18 pm »

Result of Investigating the Blocked Passage - Overshot (rolled 6)
With determination, Urist sets out to inspect the blocked passage that is hindering the water flow to the Olm People's sacred lake. Using his mining expertise, he carefully navigates the narrow tunnels leading to the blockage.

Upon finding the source of the obstruction, Urist employs his skills and tools to clear the passage. His efforts are successful, perhaps too successful. He manages to remove the blockage, but in doing so, he inadvertently triggers a rapid and forceful gush of water. The sudden influx of water is more than the passage can handle, causing minor flooding in the nearby areas of the Olm People's habitat.

While the primary goal of restoring water flow is achieved, the Olm People now face the challenge of managing the unexpected surge of water and ensuring it doesn't threaten their dwellings or the lake's ecosystem.

Next Steps in the Cave
After the mixed success in clearing the blocked passage, Urist contemplates his next move:

A. Help Manage the Water Flow: "I should help the Olm People manage this sudden surge of water. It’s my responsibility to fix what I've caused."

B. Search for Materials to Control the Flow: "Maybe there are materials in the cave that can be used to create barriers or channels to control the water flow."

C. Consult with the Olm Elder: "I need to speak with the Olm elder. Together, we can come up with a solution to this new problem."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5