Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1082897 times)

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r5
« Reply #3480 on: December 25, 2015, 11:19:12 pm »

I'm trying to download DFHack, not sure how exactly.  Any help would be super appreciated.

Got it, nvm.  Thank you, it worked.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 11:24:07 pm by CaptainLambcake »
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

necrotic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: December 26, 2015, 12:30:07 am »

Very minor problems.
What kinds of problems?

At one point furniture placed in Planning Mode stopped updating when furniture was available. I had to restart the game for them to start working again.

That might have been it, actually.

Da5id

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: December 26, 2015, 08:51:03 am »

EDIT: Sorry wrong thread, too early in the morning...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 08:54:42 am by Da5id »

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: December 26, 2015, 09:24:34 am »

Only issue I've seen in adv mode so far is that saving crashes after entering any major settlement. Doesn't matter which type or how long after visiting I save, if a heavily populated site loads, the game won't be able to save. I verified it wasn't just a corrupted save by uninstalling dfhack, and no problem saving.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: December 26, 2015, 10:04:18 am »

Only issue I've seen in adv mode so far is that saving crashes after entering any major settlement. Doesn't matter which type or how long after visiting I save, if a heavily populated site loads, the game won't be able to save. I verified it wasn't just a corrupted save by uninstalling dfhack, and no problem saving.
DFHack doesn't really do much with adventure mode. Are you sure you loaded the same site? Were you using specific DFHack tools? If not, a save would be helpful, as I haven't had crashes in adventure mode.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: December 26, 2015, 10:05:21 am »

Okay, some commands are missing from your dfhack.init. Are you using a pack? The dfhack.init-example file should contain the default commands, so if you can't figure it out, you can add "script dfhack.init-example" on a new line somewhere in dfhack.init.

I am using a pack, but it doesn't ship with DFHack yet. I'll look around for that file. Thanks a bunch! Have a great holiday!

Edit: You are my hero. It turns out I didn't actually HAVE a dfhack.init. I just took the example file, made a copy and renamed.
It should load dfhack.init-example if dfhack.init doesn't exist. Did it not do that?

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: December 26, 2015, 02:59:42 pm »

DFHack doesn't really do much with adventure mode. Are you sure you loaded the same site? Were you using specific DFHack tools? If not, a save would be helpful, as I haven't had crashes in adventure mode.
I'm sure I was using adv-fort, gm-editor, a few dev utils. DFHack does do much in adventure mode. No problem with using those, but if I go into a town+ population, I have to save, switch back to vanilla .dlls, and after leaving a fortress/city/retreat I can relaunch DFHack and use it. But if I have DFHack running when entering any of those, save will always crash, whether it's done there or several region tiles away.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: December 26, 2015, 03:35:59 pm »

Okay, I'm thinking it's likely to be advfort. What happens if you don't use that?

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: December 26, 2015, 04:21:03 pm »

The keybinds for workflow aren't working. I tried alt-w to set the requirements for a repeating job and got nothing.
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: December 26, 2015, 04:38:08 pm »

Okay, I'm thinking it's likely to be advfort. What happens if you don't use that?
I don't use advfort in settlements, but I use companion-order. But it doesn't appear to make a difference, even if I just stop into a tavern and save there or on the travel map, crash.

EDIT: I'm going to try removing Rubble, there may be a conflict with it.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 04:49:15 pm by Uzu Bash »

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: December 26, 2015, 04:44:19 pm »

startdwarf doesn't work on Debian testing, x86.
Code: [Select]
[DFHack]# startdwarf 12
E: RuntimeError: ./hack/scripts/startdwarf.rb:18: patch address not available
 ./hack/scripts/startdwarf.rb:18
 (eval):19:in `load'
 (eval):19
 (eval):19:in `catch'

The keybinds for workflow aren't working. I tried alt-w to set the requirements for a repeating job and got nothing.
It works fine for me. A specific job needs to be selected inside a workshop for the command to work.
The general workflow gui seems only to be accessible while in the 'z' overview menu.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: December 26, 2015, 04:54:04 pm »

startdwarf doesn't work on Debian testing, x86.
Code: [Select]
[DFHack]# startdwarf 12
E: RuntimeError: ./hack/scripts/startdwarf.rb:18: patch address not available
 ./hack/scripts/startdwarf.rb:18
 (eval):19:in `load'
 (eval):19:in `catch'

It works fine for me. A specific job needs to be selected inside a workshop for the command to work.
The general workflow gui seems only to be accessible while in the 'z' overview menu.

I selected a specific job and hit alt-w and nothing. I checked the init and the line appears to be there. What could be wrong?
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: December 26, 2015, 05:05:37 pm »

If you are having trouble like I was with keybinds not working for dfhack you need to find the dfhack.init example file and rename it dfhack.init

Thank you reddit lol

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: December 26, 2015, 05:25:26 pm »

If you are having trouble like I was with keybinds not working for dfhack you need to find the dfhack.init example file and rename it dfhack.init

Thank you reddit lol
Did you have a dfhack.init file? If you didn't, DFHack should have loaded dfhack.init-example and told you.

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: December 26, 2015, 06:24:56 pm »

Thank you reddit lol
Did you have a dfhack.init file? If you didn't, DFHack should have loaded dfhack.init-example and told you.

It did not. I had to rename the file to get it to work.

Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 360