Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Murder Time!  (Read 5293 times)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
Murder Time!
« on: April 08, 2024, 12:07:52 pm »

Murder Time!

A game where your job is to kill everything and everyone you see. 

Spoiler: Character Creation (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Traits & Flaws (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

Always post an updated character sheet with your actions
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 10:53:52 am by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murder Time!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2024, 01:30:44 pm »

I am Duh!

I wear a shirt proudly emblazoned with 'Duh!' across the front and 'Run to the Tank' across the back.  My jeans have knee patches, also embroidered with 'Duh' and 'Hud' (my right knee, the one I took an arrow to, once).

(the HP/SP stuff is 2 on HP + 16 split between HP/SP, right?  If not... -1 to each)

HP: 11
SP: 7

Strength/Speed: 10 (really strong)
Trait:  Competent
Flaw:     Slow

Armor:  Heavy
Weapon:  An odd-seeming Hand and a Half sword
Gadget:  A highly unusual lariat
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2024, 03:56:00 pm »

Right.  Also, since you took a flaw, you get one extra trait, so long as that trait would not counteract your flaw.  You also need to add the two status categories. 

Weapon:  An odd-seeming Hand and a Half sword

When you look at this hand and a half sword, it seems to be always wiggling.  1d8 damage, -1 to hit and +2 to damage when wielded with two hands, 1-in-4 chance to deal 1d6 extra bleed damage as it rips the wound open when it leaves. 

Gadget:  A highly unusual lariat

This highly unusual, fifteen-foot lariat excretes a white, sticky paste and will occasionally move on it's own
-Sticky: sticks to things like glue.  -1d when trying to remove it unless your Strength/Speed is above seven
-Animate: you can verbally command it, and it does not require a hand to use
-Stretchy: Can be stretched to forty five feet, but it can't be used for combat in this form and is only sticky on the ends

You're on Red team.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 03:57:42 pm by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2024, 05:19:07 pm »

Right.  Also, since you took a flaw, you get one extra trait, so long as that trait would not counteract your flaw.  You also need to add the two status categories. 

Checking, do I get another trait?  "Competent: (Costs two picks)"

I'd love to also be helpful, but figured I couldn't.  Presuming I don't get to pick another trait,

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2024, 05:19:44 pm »

I'd love to also be helpful, but figured I couldn't.  Presuming I don't get to pick another trait,

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2024, 08:03:18 pm »

Interested, charsheet to follow.

I know who never had a chance to hit the field after her design...
hey BP, you remember SMAK right?
Spoiler: Lelia (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 08:33:31 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2024, 08:09:05 pm »

Whoops... I forgot about that bit.  I wrote the list a while ago, so my memory may be a little rusty

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2024, 09:16:44 pm »

Weapon: Designated Marksman's Rifle
This plain, boxy weapon has a really short clip, cone-shaped muzzle, and is coated with a thoroughly drab blue paint.  The scope fixed on the top seems more like an afterthought, as does the stock.  and the barrel.  and really any part of the weapon for that matter.
2d6 damage, upgraded to 2d10 if you spend a round aiming beforehand, -1 to shooting it in melee/close range, no penalty due to long ranges.  It has three shots, and three extra clips of ammo, which take a round to reload. 

Gadget: Autoinjector array of concentrated magic

This bulky device looks like a glorified wristwatch with two glowing aerosol cans strapped to it. 
-Upon activation, you may treat your Strength/Speed as up to four points higher/lower as you choose for three rounds, changing the bonus each round if you want to.  When the duration is up, or when you choose, the effect ends and you get -1d to all actions during the next round.  Three turn cooldown, which starts when the effect ends.

You are on Red team. 

Since Red team is full, we can start with Red team and lump in the other teams as they come along.  How does that sound?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 09:18:24 pm by BlackPaladin99 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2024, 09:38:23 pm »

Oof, that gadget... wow that's bad compatibility for Lelia's build. any chance of a re-roll?

but yeah, I'm good for Red team to start up!
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2024, 09:40:33 pm »

Oof, that gadget... wow that's bad compatibility for Lelia's build. any chance of a re-roll?

I wonder if it could be used on a teammate... and if it could take a Strength/Speed number above 10, rawr!

Edit, likewise it can lower speed by up to four, how fast might you be at -1 if we can go into negatives :P
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 09:42:30 pm by Imp »

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2024, 09:44:41 pm »

I wonder if it could be used on a teammate... and if it could take a Strength/Speed number above 10, rawr!

Edit, likewise it can lower speed by up to four, how fast might you be at -2 if we can go into negatives :P

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2024, 10:57:29 pm »

if it works like that, can go below 1, above 10, and use on others, then yeah, I guess it's good then.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2024, 11:07:16 pm »

Well... what were you imagining?  Strength/Speed is useful for really any character, as a lower number means you get to act earlier and have a better chance of surviving 0HP, while a higher number makes it more likely for you to critically hit and do more damage

I guess you could use it on others, and Strength Speed can indeed go above 10/below 0.

Update will probably be out sometime tomorrow. 

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2024, 11:23:37 pm »

I was very wrong apparently. thank you for correcting me. it's actually quite good now that my misunderstanding is corrected.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2024, 11:58:58 pm »

(Squints at trait list.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6