Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Hero Saga Noir: Death of a Spider II (9/8)  (Read 3018 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Hero Saga Noir: Death of a Spider II (9/8)
« on: April 16, 2024, 03:40:26 pm »

OIR

Sandbox Multiplayer • Action • Mystery

As with the previous Hero Saga I hosted some time ago, this is a blatant fanfiction mashup of super hero worlds.

Some of the big examples

- Superpowered criminals are kept in the Raft. This could be you, regardless of your moral alignment if laws are broken. (Marvel)
- Inmates can get out early by doing government black ops. (Suicide Squad, Thunderbolts)
- Popular Heroes can get sponsorships for money. We'll do real world companies so you could be sponsored by Coke or Atari if you want. (Tiger and Bunny, Mystery Men)
- There is a threat ranking system: Wolf, Tiger, Demon, Dragon, God; and a hero ranking system: C, B, A, S (One Punch Man)
- The walled city, called Atlas, is surrounded on all sides (except the sea) by an uninhabited wastland where OP Kaiju roam. (2000AD, Attack on Titan)

You will get random powers, this will be told to you in private. There will be a greater focus on private actions, and the only ones announced here will be ones news crews witness.

If you don't like your powers or just want more, you can submit to genetic experiments, with chaotic results.

You are totally free to be good, evil, or fluctuate depending on your mood. Rent is expensive, especially if you don't want to live in a dive.

Everyone has a vice, join by picking yours.

Turns will cover 1 month of game time.

NPCs wont be distinguished from player characters. Your actions will be a secret, which player controlled which character will be revealed upon death.

You will receive suggestions of heroic actions you could take, any criminal activities you perform will be entirely self driven.

Your vice will influence your turn result.

Minimum Rolls
Your stat levels dictate the scope of what you are able to achieve each month. Your highest relevant stat will be used(for team-ups, the highest of all teammates). Outcome will be decided by 2d6. The action needs to reach the threshold for success.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Time
Total time cost is the time it takes to do the activity or commitment plus the travel time. You have 5 time tokens per turn. This doesn't necessarily mean you are limited to 5 actions. Actions will each have a time rating, and that may be 0. You will perform actions in the order you described, and wont have time to do the rest or they won't be completed fully.

Social Stats
Social climbing will require either patience, crime, or luck. You can have 1 to 5 per category.

Power Stats
The strength of each of your powers. You can have up to 5 powers with a max of level 5 each. In addition to your starting ones, you can buy an additional power from the Power Broker once per month. Every month you use your powers, you gain 60 experience points. These points are divided evenly among the powers you used during the month. If I describe you using your powers in a way that wasn't part of your actions, such to protect yourself, that will not be counted. The requirement to level up a power is 240 experience points, which then doubles after each upgrade.

Origin Wrinkles
There are some special circumstances that may modify your origin.

Residence
Your home is where you rest up between fights, and where your enemies will try to ambush you... If you are homeless, you have max secrecy and minimum comfort and fortification. If you are in a typical private residence you have minimum secrecy and fortification, but it's more comfortable than most alternatives. Unless you have travel aiding powers or a special vehicle you will walk and use normal vehicles to get around, which are the slowest.

Health
You wont die from taking too much damage in one month(unless all at once), but you will certainly feel it next month in the form of penalties on rolls. You heal at the end of the month in relation to your residence comfort and defensive abilities. If you lose a fight badly(but survive), you may lose a body part that can be replaced with cybernetics. In addition to specific wounds, your overall health will deteriorate if you push yourself too much, making all rolls harder next month.

• There is no win condition. This is your sandbox until I get bored of hosting it, interest falls off, or the world explodes.
  • Players do not know the character identity of each other.
  • You may roll a new character. You must wait 3 turns from the creation of your last one.
  • There are no roleplaying restrictions, anything you know as a player you may act on as a character.
  • When you get your PM, explain everything you want to do for a whole month of game time.
  • You have 24 hours after you receive a PM to send back your turn.
  • If I have not updated the game for 2 weeks, you have 4 days after you receive a PM to send back your turn.
  • PM copypaste/screenshot is strictly forbidden.
  • You can share PM info in your own words. This includes exposing the character identity of other players or go public with your own.
  • If your identity becomes public, it is strongly recommended you quickly move to a residence with more secrecy or fortification to hide from or prepare for attacks. Beware of player killers.
  • Origins will be randomized. Do not post who you wish to get, as it will NOT be taken into consideration.
  • Once you are dead, your identity is revealed to everyone.
  • If you kill someone with cyber parts, you loot them.
  • You can communicate with a character (not player) anonymously with the in-game voicemail system. Tell me the message you want to send, 400 characters max, with normal (unabbreviated) speech.
  • You will not be kicked for inactivity, but your character might be killed off by other players or hostile NPCs if you have enemies. If the game is very full you may need to wait to be an active participant again.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 09:16:36 pm by RoseHeart »
Awesome With Autism

“The art of life is to live in the present moment.”
— Emmet Fox

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Hero Saga Noir
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2024, 03:40:51 pm »

Guides:

Quote from: Origins

Quote from: Power Broker

Quote from: Common Powers

Quote from: Similar Powers

Spoiler: v1.0.6 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2024, 09:57:47 pm by RoseHeart »
Awesome With Autism

— Emmet Fox

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2024, 09:30:37 am »

Login: **********
Password: *****

Access granted. Loading Project Insight...

Opening metahuman file: Bay12

Tracking#|Vice|Empowered
Megam0nkey#1|Overconfidence|09-2094
BlackPaladin99#1|Paranoia|09-2094
Crystalizedmire#1|Anger|09-2094
Supernerd#1|Cowardice|09-2094
Shadowclaw777#1|Psychopath|09-2094
Oakrose905#1|Greedy|09-2094
a1s#1|Gambling|09-2094
Wiiswitch#1|Rage|09-2094
bay12forums#1|Paranoia|10-2094

Finding news headlines...

« Last Edit: May 19, 2024, 03:20:21 pm by RoseHeart »
Awesome With Autism

— Emmet Fox

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2024, 11:48:24 am »

Seems interesting

VICE:Overconfidence
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 09:53:42 pm by Megam0nkey »

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2024, 01:43:16 pm »

Vice: paranoid
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2024, 02:22:37 pm »

Vice: angry all the time
she/her

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2024, 09:11:23 pm »

Vice: Cowardice.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2024, 10:30:48 pm »

Vice: paranoid
+1 they are out to get us...
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2024, 11:34:14 pm »

Funk are you joining? You understand each person controls their own character, yes?

GM toolbox

Spoiler: InDev (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 10:54:31 pm by RoseHeart »
Awesome With Autism

— Emmet Fox

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2024, 12:33:46 am »

(Why aren’t we choosing names for the characters we are creating?, secondly I’m going to ask what is your update schedule going to be like? and how long do your forum games go before dying?, it’s hard to gauge for you 😂)

Vice: Sociopathic

Oakrose905

• Bay Watcher
  • A big nerd for designing things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2024, 12:51:27 am »

Vice: In it for the money/Greedy.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2024, 01:40:41 am »

(Why aren’t we choosing names for the characters we are creating?, secondly I’m going to ask what is your update schedule going to be like? and how long do your forum games go before dying?, it’s hard to gauge for you 😂)
No idea, could die before it starts, in a week, a month, no clue. I love to design forum games, but don't possess much stamina to host them. If you like my games but want more reliability, then my most consistent titles are SquadCraft, an RTS inspired fg, and Tribe, a game where you take on a random role in said tribe and band together and try to prepare for and survive the next winter.

This is a sandbox game, so it's not really designed with a clear end in mind. In that sense dying is well, guaranteed.

Why aren’t we choosing names for the characters we are creating?
That way I can give you corny names that fit your powers... I'll give you a default name along with your generated character, you will be welcome to change it.
Awesome With Autism

— Emmet Fox

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
  • The vulture on your shoulder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2024, 02:08:09 am »

Cautiously interested. Lets see where this goes.

Vice: Prejudiced
Freedom is not a spectrum.
Put me in chains, or stop telling me what to do.

Oakrose905

• Bay Watcher
  • A big nerd for designing things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2024, 11:34:38 am »

Ooo, i may be very interested in tribe. And maybe squadcraft, though idk what FG means.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2024, 08:38:50 pm »

Ooo, i may be very interested in tribe. And maybe squadcraft, though idk what FG means.
Just "forum game".

Ok, I am working through character generation for everyone. I'll send out all PMs at once when I finish, then after a few days of waiting for replies, I'll send back results and post a new news update here. I could see this maybe updating 3 times a week maximum, which would allow for 12 in-game months per real life month. It probably wont be that often...but I'm only going to guarantee 24 hours to send back your turn, even if I end up giving more time.
Awesome With Autism

— Emmet Fox
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6