Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Batman VS. TMNT  (Read 1817 times)

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
Batman VS. TMNT
« on: December 18, 2014, 10:42:52 am »

Scenario One:The TMNT invade Batman's Batcave, It is a fight to the death and batman gets no prep time,Who Wins?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Batman VS. TMNT
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 10:44:24 am »

That depends, how many times is Leonardo's katana folded?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 10:45:21 am »

Whichever one directs you to the appropriate thread.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 10:45:21 am »

Batman, because he's in the right in this case (the TMNT are invading his cave to kill him after all.), and in both of their respective universes the person in the right wins a majority of the time.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 10:57:00 am »

batman gets no prep time
Batman is always prepared, though.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 11:00:18 am »

Or recycle that other vs. thread you already made. Please don't make a new thread every time you want another goofball vs thread.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 11:01:36 am »

The batcave is capable enough to defend itself against intruders without Bats having to move a finger.

Or recycle that other vs. thread you already made. Please don't make a new thread every time you want another goofball vs thread.
See: Furt's quote in my Sig.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 11:23:23 am »

Batman is a master of every single martial art, but the turtles are 4 highly trained ninjas.  Both Batman and the Turtles are masters of stealth, and physically the turtles mutant physiology would make them stronger than Batman. 

However, its got to be Batman who wins this for 2 reasons.

1)  Batman has a lot of experience fighting ninjas.  Usually sent from Ra's Al Ghuls limitless ninja army.  Batman has probably defeated enough ninja's to know exactly how to handle 4 ninjas.

2)  Batman is in the Batcave.  This is the worst mistake the turtles could make.  Batman knows every square inch of the cave like the back of his hand, and its equipped with things the turtles would never expect, from Ice guns to giant animatronic T-Rex's. 

Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 11:29:00 am »

Or recycle that other vs. thread you already made. Please don't make a new thread every time you want another goofball vs thread
Got it,This'll be the last vs thread.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 02:18:24 pm »

Scenario One:The TMNT invade Batman's Batcave, It is a fight to the death and batman gets no prep time,Who Wins?

Depends a lot on which generation of Batman and which generation of turtles. Batman movie Batman or Justice League Batman? 1960s Adam West Batman? Adam West would be absolutely slaughtered by any one of the turtles. Or do you mean comic book batman bench pressing 1000 pounds and surviving the vacuum of space because he's just that tough and able to go toe-to-toe with divine super beings? TMNT 1990 movie turtles or 80's back and white comic turtles? It makes a big difference.

I'll assume Michael Keaton / Christian Bale Batman vs 1990 movie / 80s animated turtles.

If it's genuinely no prep time, four turtles burst into his cave, he's not even wearing his suit, and it's genuinely to the death, I think the turtles win. Four on one, very probably physically superior and more durable, Donatello keeps him on his toes while Leo cuts him down. Raphael gets caught by some batcave defense and Michaelangelo gets himself stuck in some silly batcave contrivance that isn't a trap, but lives. If Bruce has his suit, he lasts a lot longer, but he has to play defensive and how long the fight lasts depends purely on how long it takes Leonardo to listen to Donatello shouting at him to aim for the face.

But it wouldn't play out that way. Bats would realize it was bad situation long before Leonardo started listening to Donatello, and would simply abandon the fight to gather more information. The turtles wouldn't be able to stop him from escaping. Further, stealth are infiltration aren't things that Team Turtle are especially good at. There's no way they'd make it into the cave, even onto the estate without tripping an alarm or showing up on a security monitor. Bats would know they were coming. He'd be ready and his defenses would be ready. Michaelangelo would waltz right into them, Raphael would get angry, Leo would be too caught up trying to be the good, selfless leader to keep himself out of trouble and Donatello would be the only one keeping his head on straight. They would be netted and gassed before they ever made it inside.

Further, Batman would be very unlikely to push the battle to the death. The turtles are very outspoken, and he'd figure out pretty quickly that the whole thing was some sort of silly mistake.  Leo is also very reasonable. Bats would quickly identify him as their leader and tell him "I'm not your enemy." Leo would object, but Bats would persevere, and eventually he'd listen. They'd all talk it over. Raphael would get angry, Michaelangelo would meet Alfred, be introduced to hors d'oeuvres, mispronounce the name and then proceed to eat a bunch while cracking jokes. Donatello would be thrilled with all the wonderful toys and Bats would quickly realize they'd make good allies.

But yeah, four turtles materialize into the batcave on top of an unprepared Bruce Wayne/Batman, no-nonsense brawl to the death, no retreat or parlay allowed, Batman loses.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2014, 05:34:34 pm »

Depends a lot on which generation of Batman and which generation of turtles. Batman movie Batman or Justice League Batman? 1960s Adam West Batman? Adam West would be absolutely slaughtered by any one of the turtles. Or do you mean comic book batman bench pressing 1000 pounds and surviving the vacuum of space because he's just that tough and able to go toe-to-toe with divine super beings? TMNT 1990 movie turtles or 80's back and white comic turtles? It makes a big difference.

I'll assume Michael Keaton / Christian Bale Batman vs 1990 movie / 80s animated turtles.

If it's genuinely no prep time, four turtles burst into his cave, he's not even wearing his suit, and it's genuinely to the death, I think the turtles win. Four on one, very probably physically superior and more durable, Donatello keeps him on his toes while Leo cuts him down. Raphael gets caught by some batcave defense and Michaelangelo gets himself stuck in some silly batcave contrivance that isn't a trap, but lives. If Bruce has his suit, he lasts a lot longer, but he has to play defensive and how long the fight lasts depends purely on how long it takes Leonardo to listen to Donatello shouting at him to aim for the face.

But it wouldn't play out that way. Bats would realize it was bad situation long before Leonardo started listening to Donatello, and would simply abandon the fight to gather more information. The turtles wouldn't be able to stop him from escaping. Further, stealth are infiltration aren't things that Team Turtle are especially good at. There's no way they'd make it into the cave, even onto the estate without tripping an alarm or showing up on a security monitor. Bats would know they were coming. He'd be ready and his defenses would be ready. Michaelangelo would waltz right into them, Raphael would get angry, Leo would be too caught up trying to be the good, selfless leader to keep himself out of trouble and Donatello would be the only one keeping his head on straight. They would be netted and gassed before they ever made it inside.

Further, Batman would be very unlikely to push the battle to the death. The turtles are very outspoken, and he'd figure out pretty quickly that the whole thing was some sort of silly mistake.  Leo is also very reasonable. Bats would quickly identify him as their leader and tell him "I'm not your enemy." Leo would object, but Bats would persevere, and eventually he'd listen. They'd all talk it over. Raphael would get angry, Michaelangelo would meet Alfred, be introduced to hors d'oeuvres, mispronounce the name and then proceed to eat a bunch while cracking jokes. Donatello would be thrilled with all the wonderful toys and Bats would quickly realize they'd make good allies.

But yeah, four turtles materialize into the batcave on top of an unprepared Bruce Wayne/Batman, no-nonsense brawl to the death, no retreat or parlay allowed, Batman loses.

You Win, Thread Over.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2014, 05:38:47 pm »

« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 12:17:22 am by penguinofhonor »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2014, 06:09:02 pm »

I don't know... All Bruce Wayne needs to do... is move deeper into the Bat cave... since the Batcave has significant defenses of its own.

In fact just be being in the Batcave the Turtles will get killed by lasers.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2014, 06:18:19 pm »

Turtles have spent entirely too much time dodging lasers to be stopped by them. Honestly, given what Krang gets up to over the years I'd be somewhat surprised if the batcave could throw actually anything notable at them...

Beyond-era batman versus those power-armor turtles would be an interesting thought experiment, methinks. Future vs future, et al. Think there's even turtle mecha floating around somewhere or another.

... actually, it looks like there's multiple of... both of those. Huh. TMNT toys get kinda' out there. Comics do too, really.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2014, 06:19:07 pm »

In fact just be being in the Batcave the Turtles will get killed by lasers.

Nah, the turtles are ridiculously good at dodging lasers.  I'm assuming its some latent mutant precog thing.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout
Pages: [1] 2