Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 333423 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Amputee Voltron
« Reply #1980 on: February 25, 2016, 01:00:02 pm »

"Well, that's one thing to do."

Watch for peoples.  Any tasty leaves I can reach while still on the platform?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: February 25, 2016, 06:51:58 pm »

Wake up. Help watch for people.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: February 26, 2016, 12:55:04 am »

Circle the camp and utilize bird vision to look for horrible ambushes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: February 26, 2016, 09:01:52 am »

Boop Boop Sonar.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1984 on: February 27, 2016, 11:06:41 am »

"Perhaps they're hiding from our awesome might. Should we call them out with the warbeast, I think?"

Look around at the trees and such. No one's hiding in them, are they?

Anyone who doesn't post: begin worshiping Xankarvo as a god-wizard.

[2]
You glace around, disinterestedly. Yeah yeah, trees. You don't see anything of interest to someone as grand, powerful and frighteningly turgid as you.

John steps on the open platform, and proclaims as loudly as it is possible without letting his voice tear up from the pain of burns all over his face.

- We are free souls roaming the wilds and we wish no harm. We will leave this place in few moments. If anyone is here, concealed from our sight, wishes to ask something of us, do so. On the count of 3, we go away.

You shout the first number and wait. Nothing but silence. In fact, an almost eerie level of silence.

"Well, that's one thing to do."

Watch for peoples.  Any tasty leaves I can reach while still on the platform?
[1]
There are several people all around you! Weird looking motherfuckers too! You to over and headbutt the one in a robe because he looks ethically unsound.

Wake up. Help watch for people.
[4]
You walk over to the railing and lean over the edge, looking down and scanning the trees carefully. You catch sight of something, moving through the forest. Not through the forest below, where the tents are, but through the forest higher up, on the walls of the canyon. Whatever it is, it's doing its best to stay hidden, and you only see it for an instant.

Boop Boop Sonar.
[3]
You get the jist that there's movement out there, but with all the trees all moving slightly in the wind, it's kind of hard to distinguish anything but a big blurry mass.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Too Quiet.
« Reply #1985 on: February 27, 2016, 11:30:45 am »

John looks around, but more in "admiring scenery" way rather than scanning for threat. Nice place for a camp. Fine spot for an ambush as well, but no, happy thoughts, John, happy thoughts.
He does his best to stay relaxed, and look so. It is easier to draw weapons or dodge from relaxed position, but mainly it just feels better than being tense.

Two.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: February 27, 2016, 11:43:52 am »

"Wait, I think I saw something. Up on that cliff, in the trees."

Draw my rifle, and point it in the general direction of where I saw the movement. Watch closely.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: February 27, 2016, 11:46:43 am »

Chirp chirp.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: February 27, 2016, 12:08:37 pm »

"Hold on, I'll check it out."

Float closer to the area that mr. hyena is aiming at, and boop boop sonar it.

Even though I am posting, do this anyway, as it provides profit to this one;

Anyone not posting: suddenly believe that Xankarvo is a transcendent God of fire.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 05:57:50 pm by Egan_BW »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: February 27, 2016, 01:01:59 pm »

- Now is that so? Let our airborne pals here go check it out. They might have not heard what I shouted way over there though.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: February 27, 2016, 05:09:51 pm »

Get a molotov and be ready to torch anything trying to kill me.

Anyone not posting: suddenly believe that Xankarvo is a transcendent God of fire.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: February 27, 2016, 11:10:41 pm »

Dave nudges Xankarvo again.  "What's that bottle with the rag in for?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: February 28, 2016, 01:02:45 am »

"Violent and painful murder. Don't try to drink it."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: February 28, 2016, 09:39:28 am »

Dave gave the best shrug his dino body could muster.  "Oh, I don't know; I've had some drinks that certainly tasted and felt like murder."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1994 on: March 01, 2016, 11:41:56 am »

Chirp chirp.
I'mma roll for this twice, since I missed it.
[3][4]
You circle around and you also see movement out among the trees. It's difficult to tell exactly what it is though; the shapes a different each time. Not just the familiar sillouette of a man, but other, stranger shapes. They seem to be congregating higher up on the ridge around the canyon. You put a fair distance between yourself, them and the warbeast. Better safe than sorry.
"Hold on, I'll check it out."
[1]
Float closer to the area that mr. hyena is aiming at, and boop boop sonar it.

Even though I am posting, do this anyway, as it provides profit to this one;

You ping your sonar off the inside of your own brain and horribly disorient yourself.

Draw my rifle, and point it in the general direction of where I saw the movement. Watch closely.
You draw your rifle and point it out at the underbrush, looking for more movement. [6] You accidentally fire a shot, seriously menacing a tree. The sound echos through the canyon for several seconds. 

Get a molotov and be ready to torch anything trying to kill me.

You grab a moltov and get ready.

John looks around, but more in "admiring scenery" way rather than scanning for threat. Nice place for a camp. Fine spot for an ambush as well, but no, happy thoughts, John, happy thoughts.
He does his best to stay relaxed, and look so. It is easier to draw weapons or dodge from relaxed position, but mainly it just feels better than being tense.

Two.

You get as far as "Tw-".

The arrows which come flying in from the edges of the canyon are not normal arrows. Each one is more like a fletched spear, several feet long and as thick as a broom handle, sporting a long, conical arrow head that must weigh in excess of 10 pounds. The arrows come down like mortar shells, following a high parabolic shot from the canyon lip, and they rain down on the platform and everyone on it.
[6,1,1,5]
They completely miss John and The brain in a sphere, but Hyenankles and Xan are both hit directly
[3,5]
Hyenakles the shot straight in the left leg, and the arrow tears through the flesh of his leg like butter, tearing away the outer side of his thigh and leaving nothing more than a great bleeding cavity and exposed bone.  The one that hits Xan goes through his cloak, hits and severs his boneless arm and embeds itself into the deck, pinning Xan to the ground via the remnants of his arm and part of his robe.  The majority of the arrows, however, are aimed at the warbeast itself, and each is towing a rope behind it. They embed themselves in the flesh of the warbeast like harpoons, and the ropes immediately pull taut.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 241