Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 481794 times)

Gargomaxthalus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #2595 on: June 12, 2013, 08:20:54 pm »

Having read about a third of the novel, it would certainly be a shame to see this mod die. That said any actual work on it should be postponed until the next build is released since said build will allow for a much more faithful adaptation of Fallout's mechanics with the enhanced stealth, combat(nonlethal opens many doors on its own), and the addition of a persistent world. Of course you can't forget the move towards "living" settlements the first steps towards the future "crime and punishment arc".

Now I just need to point out the awesomeness of a pet Balefire Pheonix and be own my way.
Well lets see... at least half of what I say is complete bullshit. Hell the other half tends to be pretty sketchy...

OOOOHHHH,JUST SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AND MAYBE I'LL GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

javascript:void(0)
javascript:void(0)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: June 20, 2013, 08:46:51 am »

I just realized what a horrible person I am.

In adventure mode, whenever I fight a unicorn, I knock them out and cut off their horn as a trophy. Then I stab them with it.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: June 20, 2013, 02:21:35 pm »

I'm not going to ask about earth ponies.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: June 21, 2013, 01:52:12 pm »

I'm not going to ask about earth ponies.

Hehehe... I rip their legs off and beat them with their own legs. And for raiders and slavers? They get their tongues cut out and get beat with THAT

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: June 21, 2013, 02:43:54 pm »

You mean the adventure mode doesn't grind into a halt after 2 hours for you?

As a side note, I'm playing a FoE-like campaign in Roleplaying is magic. I tried to register on their forums to post expanded combat mechanics that I've come up with (polish version here), but they wouldn't activate my account or answer my emails.
I just made some NPC templates for my GM. Steel Rangers came out truly horrifying. Hurting them is about as hard as making a sonic radboom, but oh yes they can hit and hurt you. Maybe I should add "glancing hit" to the rules, so they can be taken down at all.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: June 22, 2013, 11:05:11 am »

You mean the adventure mode doesn't grind into a halt after 2 hours for you?

Ehhh... just depends on if you like to see yourself stabbed by a kobold/raider poke you in the head after you finally reach that dragon's lair.

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: June 23, 2013, 05:31:31 pm »

For the last four hours my computer was struggling to delete my save game archives. It was around 9gb, with ~15mb/save. I have played with seasonal autosaves turned on, and with my computer speed/play style a season took around an hour, maybe more. So I have played with this mod at least 600 hours.

(The last mainstream game I have picked up barely reached 20 hour playtime, compared to that Lyceaon's FOE mod is 3000% cooler.)

So, is there someone secretly working on the mod?
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: June 23, 2013, 08:46:29 pm »

I'm not working on it, but I'm playing it.

SPEAKING OF WHICH! I'm doing one of my standard aboveground dead civilization unicorn supremacist games, and just started raiding the underground for salvage. Among the many crates I got was a single MoA crate, and when I opened it a crate of Scorpion Power Armor fell out. The people sitting across from me started at my cry of glee, and I immediately set out to open it. It seems to have a child-proof lid, though, because I can't open it from the Supply Dept or the Workbench. I tried looking through some of the reaction.txt files but I couldn't find any reactions referencing the scorpion armor. Does anyone know how to open it, and if it can fit on unicorns (unlike Power Armor, iirc)?

AlexnChaos

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: June 23, 2013, 08:51:40 pm »

I believe you will find you need the Armoury for the various armours

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: June 24, 2013, 04:24:14 am »

Scorpion power armor fits on unicorns, and it can be opened at the armoury indeed. Depending on the version you are using the bonus effects may only manifest on the pony opening it. In the last version it gives the bonus to anyone wearing it.
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: June 24, 2013, 09:49:33 am »

I'm back to working on my Stable-tec Stable Tech mod (the cryopod, which we all know and love, was the only bit to ever see the light of day). What would you like to see in that? Nutrient recyclers? Jumpsuit extruders?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: June 24, 2013, 11:14:52 am »

I'm back to working on my Stable-tec Stable Tech mod (the cryopod, which we all know and love, was the only bit to ever see the light of day). What would you like to see in that? Nutrient recyclers? Jumpsuit extruders?

Food Replicators!

Seriously though, maybe having a way to produce pip bucks and maybe some other things that stable tech would make/have would be nice. Hell even if its a multiple step process, I wouldn't mind.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: June 24, 2013, 11:42:01 am »

Yeah, if we can build Power Armours from gems and steel, Pipbucks make sense too.
Also some way to make our own Med-X and Healing Potions.
A reaction to produce a crate of medium steel ammo at once. It is just to bothersome to make the ammo, hope it won't get claimed by squads, hope it won't get hauled in a bin at a wrong time and try to fill a chest with it.
I'm a bit out of practice with this mod ATM, but you can just look over the thread for suggestions. There were many.

Wow, I'm impressed by 9 GB of saves. I usually play a fort for about a hundred hours before it dies of FPS death around year 5 or 8.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

rakasha01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: June 26, 2013, 06:48:06 am »

Hey there long time lurker finally joined the forum, I really enjoy this mod though I'm currently playing masterwork since the fall of my last fort Whitewind. Tried to take on hell and lost, first time i ever did that too. I'm not a modder but hope this mod continues to improve.
Tear my wings, break my bones, rip me asunder, my spirit will never break with these broken wings i will fly into the eternal sky

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: June 26, 2013, 12:07:11 pm »

Wow, I'm impressed by 9 GB of saves. I usually play a fort for about a hundred hours before it dies of FPS death around year 5 or 8.

How in the hell did you get that much save :o

Hey there long time lurker finally joined the forum, I really enjoy this mod though I'm currently playing masterwork since the fall of my last fort Whitewind. Tried to take on hell and lost, first time i ever did that too. I'm not a modder but hope this mod continues to improve.

Well glad you like the mod and I hope we can continue to entertain
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 210