Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 636

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 684148 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]
« Reply #5895 on: May 27, 2020, 08:31:12 pm »

Well, you know what they say, different strokes for different folks.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #5896 on: May 27, 2020, 08:33:03 pm »

Heh.

It's probably worth noting that this "phantom" smell started to crop up after a bout of anxiety where there happened to be actual smoke around (unrelated to the bout.) Since then other anxious times have summoned the smell.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5897 on: May 27, 2020, 08:37:10 pm »

Well, that doesn't sound too odd to me - moments of heightened anxiety probably now remind you of that smell.   
The smell of smoke can be pretty threatening, after all. I often imagine unpleasant smells during anxiety attacks, though it's usually BO, bad breath or dookie smell, which makes me even more anxious as I hasten to ensure said smell isn't coming from me. >.>   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5898 on: May 28, 2020, 07:16:08 pm »

I don’t notice smell changes correlating to anxiety or other emotional changes, I thought that was normal, smells not changing based on emotions alone.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #5899 on: May 28, 2020, 07:56:17 pm »

Well, it is normal. Certain episodes of heightened anxiety are an abnormal state though, which is the larger problem here.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5900 on: May 28, 2020, 08:56:00 pm »

I don’t notice smell changes correlating to anxiety or other emotional changes, I thought that was normal, smells not changing based on emotions alone.

I think the way the brain stores emotions and sense memories is closely tied. Most likely it was stuff like "last time I smelled/saw that, I almost died, so now that smell/sight is tied to fear, and I react before I know why I'm scared."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5901 on: May 28, 2020, 11:28:18 pm »

Oh, you mean like Bundy Rum?   
Booze is Life for Yoink

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5902 on: May 30, 2020, 10:57:08 pm »

So, I have collected some seeds from some wild western salsify plants (T. Dubius) that decided to invade my front lawn (and threaten to bring the city ordinance humans down on me), since they are technically a wild edible, and I am not one to completely pass up free veggies just because they are a little unorthodox.

(Unlike the more domesticated variety, this wild variety only produces thin and small roots, but does produce flowers and chards in abundance, which are edible on young plants. The roots, though small, CAN be harvested.)

I am still in the process of digging (to china) up my back yard to put in garden rows. Should I plant some of these?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5903 on: May 30, 2020, 11:04:11 pm »

I would just plant tomatoes and actual chard, imo.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5904 on: May 30, 2020, 11:15:38 pm »

I have tomatoes, peppers, carrots, onions & co already planted yo.

However, they are taking their sweet assed time growing and setting fruit.  I have essentially been subsisting on pasta, powdered milk, pancakes, potatoes and lawn weeds. (Yes, literal lawn weeds)

*note, it is not because I am destitute poor, it is because I refuse to go to the store, given that it poses an unreasonable risk to the people I care for at work. One can contract the novel coronavirus and be symptom free for up to 2 weeks, but be contagious as fuck the whole time.

Mother Nature's "Free Vegetables" have been a significant portion of my diet for almost 2 months now.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5905 on: May 31, 2020, 02:10:20 am »

Well, big kudos for actually making that effort to keep people safe.   
Much better than this one dumb b-word over here, who worked in a similar establishment to you, failed to tell anyone she'd recently been overseas and went happily into work, spreading the virus there, before then travelling interstate (I think?) and spreading it to still more people.   
I'm paraphrasing, I can't remember exactly how it went down, but still... good on you!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5906 on: May 31, 2020, 05:11:54 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 01:01:12 pm by dragdeler »
let

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5907 on: May 31, 2020, 05:26:54 am »

The only spot I could grow anything is in my bedroom window sill. But I do have about 2.5 metres of window sill there, that's 5 inches deep, so theoretically, plenty of room for small planters. It's east-facing so it'll get morning light year round. Probably screwing myself over by not growing at least something there.

Anything you can recommend that's edible that doesn't require a whole lot of space or light? I probably also couldn't give them more than about 6 inches of soil deep either.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 05:35:35 am by Reelya »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5908 on: May 31, 2020, 05:41:16 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 01:01:16 pm by dragdeler »
let

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5909 on: May 31, 2020, 05:58:42 am »

Well I stuck some offcuts in the window to see how it goes for now: carrot tops, onion tops and cabbage root, since that's the stuff i have available. See if any of this stuff germinates. After a few days I should know if that's a viable option. Ah, I should try some potatoes in there too. Apparently you can grow them indoors.

EDIT: was wondering what to do for planters, I want to keep it minimal cost and recycle materials wherever possible. My housemate works in fast-food and gets all his food in containers (they give him much more than he can eat and he throws most of it away :/), so we have like a zillion fast-food plastic containers he throws away, so I'm going to use that material as much as possible. However I've just recalled i have a lot of these large heavy-duty clear plastic bags that some past housemate or other acquired nearby. I could probably put those inside cardboard boxes reinforced with strong tape and used those for tall planters with enough depth for roots.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 06:15:50 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 636